(IDEA/REQ) Raising Children of the Sky

Ortexofwill

I've been thinking about an idea for a year or so on a mod that takes children of the sky and turns it into a complete child rearing concept. I have always hated the cookie cutter style kids that practically do their own thing (Maybe it's a concept I don't understand in Skyrim lore), but kids that look the same? As Freeza would say, "I'm surprised I didn't hear banjos on the way given everyone's inbred and looks the F***ing same!"

I digress. Anyway this thought has recently become more viable as I've taken to learning how to mod my own skyrim game. (Lots of ideas, not a lot of skill to work with) So I decided to look for the Children of the Sky mod. But I can't find it.

Was it taken down? I'd like to implement this into a Child Rearing Mod for Players who wish to raise a kid they gave birth to. This idea may already exist, but the concept is after giving birth to your child, you can raise this child, similarly to the Harvest Moon games. Feeding your child/children Cow's milk, weaning the child and feeding solids training the child/children in certain skills, and having a VI/AI that allows the child to grow from an infant to an adult as time goes by. It would allow your child to become a follower, usually past the age of 5 Yrs (That doesn't mean you should, but that option becomes available starting there).

Furthermore, this mod would give the option of giving gifts through dialogue, such as swords, armor, spellbooks, training books (that increase certain trades), potions, ingredients, and so forth, that will increase the child's skill tree in these corresponding areas.

Lots of details, I know. But I wondered if a mod already exists?

If it doesn't, Is Children of the Sky gone or is it under a new title?

I should point out: I am learning how to mod and it is becoming easier for me to do the basics. My laptop isn't very powerful however, so it will take some time before I can delve into the grit of advanced modding (animations, physics, quests, etc.). However, if there is a modder who is interested in building such a project (massive though it may be), feel free to do so. I only request the idea be credited to Ortexofwill (myself basically).

However, if there isn't, no biggie as at some point I will understand mods to some degree where I will begin building this myself.

Whew, done and done.

So, anyway, any info on the above that exists would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to joining the conglomerate that is Skyrim Modders.

Happy Trails.

While not necessarily an adult mod, it's still requires sex to even initiate the process. I intend to aim right at the start of child rearing, birds and bees and all that jazz. I'm thinking of implementing a system that simulate pregnancy more accurately (Not in time or process, mind you). This would likely add sperm and egg anatomy, plus give more racial dependencies.

What's Rule 13? Please tell me it's something subtle and not blatantly obvious.

Edit: Never mind, I saw the rule book... and it's making me reconsider this whole idea...

Archived