Question about facial animations

Hey there. I've been checking around in the threads and haven't really seen anything that would answer my question so here I go:

When I'm taking screenshots with SL (with the intent of actually doing a set not just fucking around) I always use the mfg console manually because i always tweak the faces a few dozen times at a single anim. I can't really do anything with a single preset facial expression (since the same settings are very different on different characters, and the end product would lack variety anyway) so I always toggle "facial animations" off.

The problem starts here.

I updated to 1.60.2 recently and everything else was fine and dandy but for some reason - even though the box is ticked off - whenever I try to manually edit the expression, it jumps back to the default state in a couple of seconds, basically resetting any and all manual tweaks. I'd love to know if this is an intended thing in the new release (In which case I don't really understand why) or something is off. I know it's not really a big issue (if it's an issue at all, or I fucked something up in a major way) but since the way I do things with SexLab heavily depends on this 'lack of feature' I'd love to know if there's some kind of solution or something I've missed.

I'm running Submit, MatchMaker and SexLab Anim Speed.

Hey there. I've been checking around in the threads and haven't really seen anything that would answer my question so here I go:

When I'm taking screenshots with SL (with the intent of actually doing a set not just fucking around) I always use the mfg console manually because i always tweak the faces a few dozen times at a single anim. I can't really do anything with a single preset facial expression (since the same settings are very different on different characters, and the end product would lack variety anyway) so I always toggle "facial animations" off.

The problem starts here.

I updated to 1.60.2 recently and everything else was fine and dandy but for some reason - even though the box is ticked off - whenever I try to manually edit the expression, it jumps back to the default state in a couple of seconds, basically resetting any and all manual tweaks. I'd love to know if this is an intended thing in the new release (In which case I don't really understand why) or something is off. I know it's not really a big issue (if it's an issue at all, or I fucked something up in a major way) but since the way I do things with SexLab heavily depends on this 'lack of feature' I'd love to know if there's some kind of solution or something I've missed.

I'm running Submit, MatchMaker and SexLab Anim Speed.

Might be a dumb answer, but have you tried updating FNIS behaviour and resetting the animations registry in MCM?

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping for great justice. Also I figured out what the actual problem is. It's the sound part of sexlab that resets the facial changes. I noticed that the reverting occurs at the exact time the actor moans. Tried to tick off all the sound files and set the lowest possible volume but it's still happening every time the timer ticks. The only thing I could do is to set the timer to max (40 seconds I think) so it only occurs at every 40 seconds.

Is there a way to completely disable the sound part of the mod? Manually even? (deleting sound files or sound scripts or something without braking the framework?) Because I (and apparently others) can't really use it like this. I understand it's not really a priority issue since most people use the mod for the actual animations and gameplay but some of us who'd love to use it for screenshootan and want to manually edit the facial features this is pretty much game breaking.

Bumping for great justice. Also I figured out what the actual problem is. It's the sound part of sexlab that resets the facial changes. I noticed that the reverting occurs at the exact time the actor moans. Tried to tick off all the sound files and set the lowest possible volume but it's still happening every time the timer ticks. The only thing I could do is to set the timer to max (40 seconds I think) so it only occurs at every 40 seconds.

Is there a way to completely disable the sound part of the mod? Manually even? (deleting sound files or sound scripts or something without braking the framework?) Because I (and apparently others) can't really use it like this. I understand it's not really a priority issue since most people use the mod for the actual animations and gameplay but some of us who'd love to use it for screenshootan and want to manually edit the facial features this is pretty much game breaking.

Did you have the Lip Sync option enabled? Playing the sound files wouldn't have any affect on facial animation, the lip sync animations optionally played with it though would.

Did you have the Lip Sync option enabled? Playing the sound files wouldn't have any affect on facial animation, the lip sync animations optionally played with it though would.

Thanks for the reply!

No, which is why I was completely confused in the first place. I disabled everything that should alter the facial animations and as i said when i noticed the facial reset occurs at every moan i even tried to turn down the sound features as much as possible but that's all I could do in the mcm menu. Also tried it with a fresh profile in MO with only the sexlab essentials and it's still doing it so it's not a compatibility issue.

Took some screens of my settings just in case:

post-7495-0-22556900-1445777155_thumb.jpg

post-7495-0-96036000-1445777169_thumb.jpg

yep. I'm using MO so whenever I switch profiles I have to update fnis. And yeah, I resetted the anim registry too before.

you normally don't have to^^, i'm running 6 to 10 profiles with Mo all with 

Fnis

DynDoLod

Real shelter

Dual sheat redux

Asis  or requiem etc..

you must install every patcher specifically for each profile. like Fnis for A / B /C etc... and no more update, of course if you install or uninstall any mods related to them you have to run them again, otherwise no.

Archived