wolfzqsuccuba DLC4 终止

I don't get what all the fuss is about. If someone is providing a product or service (it's quite clear to me the mods in question are the IP of the author' date=' regardless of tools or anything else; the EULA is another story) and wants to request donations for it, then I don't see why this is a problem.

To be quite frank I'd have donated for Cursed Armor, even the CN version, if I knew donations were requested and had instructions (in English) about how to do it. Like I said before, there's quite a few mods I would pay for, and judging by Cursed Armor (which is the only one I've played) wolfzq's mods fit in that category. I'm just not comfortable doing it via google translate.

Of course the optimal thing is if authors want to release their work free of charge, but I'd say it's understandable if they feel their time and effort spent is worth a nominal donation. 30 bucks is really not that much. Hell, it's like three months worth of your favorite MMO. In my opinion, donationware mods are MUCH better than the retarded post-shit-to-get-purple-stars gimmick the Chinese modding forums have got going.

tl;dr: From our perspective surely it's the authors choice what to do with his or her work. I donate to the AdBlock author monthly because I enjoy his product, and I'm sure I would enjoy these mods as well.

[/quote']

the problem is that beth owns it, they own the nif format and if you use the CS they own that too.

plus it isn't a donation it is buying something and that violates copyright law.

donkey already pointed out that the guy who made unholy darkness got in trouble with beth.

he was making people buy the mod and beth told him to stop trying to sell it.

donations for say the upkeep for the site the mod is on is fine, but not for the mod itself, i don't believe you can even sell your own assets even ones from scratch, except maybe files in open formats, like dds?

been trying to find out though.

From what I understand' date=' what would technically not be against the EULA is if Wolf released the esp/esm files and then just sold the .nif/.kf and .dds files. Then he would not be selling anything he doesn't have the right to sell. Whether the free stuff actually works or not is another issue, we wouldn't have paid for the .esp/.esm files, so we would not have any right to complain about it.[/quote']

i'm not even sure he can sell the nif files,DDS is owned by microsoft.

i believe you have to licence formats to sell things in patented file formats, it is why more games use ogg, since it isn't copyrighted like mp3.

so no he couldn't even do that.

That being said, I'm saying "we" because there's no bloody way I'd ever pay for an unofficial expansion for a game, never. It goes against all the principles I believe in.

me too.

I enjoy the things I've seen from Wolf, but I still think of him as a money-grubbing jerk, just like EA, but what I think or believe is not of any importance in this world. If Wolf only creates mods for the money, then so be it.

he might as well not advertise play to play mods on here, too many people don't like the idea and he doesn't like hearing it apparently.

EL-OH-EL

就这样吧,这里反对的呼声远远超出了我的预计,并且还有人因为这个直接给我的mod打最低分,并且对我进行人生攻击!这种恶意的行为,我无法忍受,即使我的行为无法得到那些人的理解,但做这样的事实在让我觉得他们很恶心。

我已经停止了我的全部行为在这个论坛,广告也好,mod也罢,所以这个问题到此结束。

从最开始,我不过是要求我的付出有所回报而已,既然无法得到理解和认同,就此打住结束!