[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

Thanks for the thorough explanation on smoothness levels, even I can understand it with pictures ;)

Had time to mess around with the most problematic girl, Honoka, who is not only very different proportionally, but is the only one with a different skin map from the rest (I ended up just using Kasumi's skin dds to avoid weird lines, they seem to be a match for each other).

Through testing, I've found that if Auto transfer bone is checked, the result looks almost perfect, but if Auto transfer collision is selected; skirts, ribbons, and anything that hangs off the body has messed up animation (see pic). I found the same case was true while using the ABC tool and Bone tool. So my question is, when is it beneficial to transfer collision? (for those of us who don't know enough to edit the values individually in the Bone tool)

post-953498-0-98843200-1455410246_thumb.jpg

Second, and I hope this hasn't already been covered and I just missed it, but no matter what I've tried, Honoka always looks like she's floating off the ground. Is this something to do with the reference model? The same costumes transformed to fit Marie, another short character, never has this floating problem.

Still looking forward to that Marie uniform (and I don't even like playing as her). And thanks again for these tools. They're freakin' amazing. :D

Thanks for the thorough explanation on smoothness levels, even I can understand it with pictures ;)

Had time to mess around with the most problematic girl, Honoka, who is not only very different proportionally, but is the only one with a different skin map from the rest (I ended up just using Kasumi's skin dds to avoid weird lines, they seem to be a match for each other).

Through testing, I've found that if Auto transfer bone is checked, the result looks almost perfect, but if Auto transfer collision is selected; skirts, ribbons, and anything that hangs off the body has messed up animation (see pic). I found the same case was true while using the ABC tool and Bone tool. So my question is, when is it beneficial to transfer collision? (for those of us who don't know enough to edit the values individually in the Bone tool)

attachicon.gifgame 2016-02-13 16-18-27-947.jpg

Second, and I hope this hasn't already been covered and I just missed it, but no matter what I've tried, Honoka always looks like she's floating off the ground. Is this something to do with the reference model? The same costumes transformed to fit Marie, another short character, never has this floating problem.

Still looking forward to that Marie uniform (and I don't even like playing as her). And thanks again for these tools. They're freakin' amazing. :D

Hey, thanks for the thorough testing.  I haven't really been doing as much testing as I probably should, lol.   As for the bone/collision stuff - the code is a bit unreliable, and similar cases have been reported, so I decided to separate them.  Normally if bone injection works then the collision should as well, but I have also noticed some whacky ribbons and whatnot as well.  I will probably have to dig in to figure out why.   

Right now I generally prefer Harry's Skeleton Patcher as its a proven tool that works for almost every costume I've ever thrown at it.  I did the bone stuff to learn how that worked, but there really isn't a reason to reinvent the wheel, so to speak, lol.    One thing the skeleton patcher seems to lack is the proper collision, which I try to make up for in my tool, but it doesn't seem to be helping :P

Collision stuff is mainly for the hair-body interaction.  I might have screwed up somewhere that checking transfer collision actually makes it worse, lol.   Sometimes hair can go into the body i f it is not properly transferred, but hair going into body probably beats having all sorts of foreign objects going into body :blush:

As for floating Honoka, it could be bone related.  SaafRats and I are working on improving our reference model Honoka, since I don't know anyone that does Honoka better than him.   

I think I may have found the source of the issue with the bone and collision stuff.  I will try to push out an update soonish. 

Thanks for the report.  I really appreciate it!

edit Marie might have to wait a bit  now, lol.

Okay, I figured out the problem with my collision code.  I had it working, but I just made it so it was the other way around, lol!  That's what staring at lines of code for hours does to one's head :)

I will be uploading the updated version shortly.

What is new in V0.1.6b

Change Log
V0.1.6b
- Quality of life - the From and To dropdown boxes are now sorted.
- Fixed the "Auto Transfer Collision" check box. Now that it actually does what it says, not the other way around.

Known issue

- Honoka's feet don't touch the ground.  I will be working with the Master of Perversion SaafRats on getting a higher quality base mesh for Honoka.  Since nobody does Honoka better than MoP!

This is mostly a quality of life maintenance update, as I think this tool is complete as is.    I think other stuff such as auto texture transfer and skin stuff is "nice to have" but with people having different preferences for nipple shades,  shaved/bushy pussies etc it's too much of a pain to implement.  Best to have people spend a few seconds on swapping out texture that they like to use.

A few things new are mostly minor updates  - such as the "From" and "To" boxes are now in alphabetical order (yay!) and that "Auto Transfer Collision" actually does what it says, not the other way around (lol).   Thanks to zoidnoid11 for finding and reporting the issue!

A few test shots of the now working (I think) collision transfer

v0.1.6a - clothing items and accessories can go into the body model

post-781013-0-77217700-1455421445_thumb.jpg

v0.1.6b - this problem is now fixed

post-781013-0-32938300-1455421444_thumb.jpg

post-781013-0-32232300-1455421448_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-04672500-1455421451_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-36967300-1455421456_thumb.jpg

You can find the updated tool here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-021316-transformer-v016a-converter-v040/?p=1460252

The v0.1.6b update is now online again.

I'd like to take a moment to go over what "Collision" really does -

When you transform between ladies that have long hair, it is normally not an issue, but if you try to use any of Lisa's outfits on other ladies, usually you get a lot of hair clipping through bodies.

For example - use this Lisa outfit

post-781013-0-19591600-1455423896_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty sexy, let's put it on Honoka and see.

post-781013-0-84416600-1455423892_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-64246900-1455423894_thumb.jpg

Without "Auto Transfer Collision" - Hair clips through her shoulders - this looks pretty bad.

This V0.1.6b update brings the correct "Auto Transfer Collision" and this is what happens if it is checked along with bone transfer -

post-781013-0-01666800-1455423887_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-11585100-1455423891_thumb.jpg

Now that's more like it.

A few more shots of breasts physics collision showcase :bush:

post-781013-0-95504900-1455433266_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-98834300-1455433269_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-72637200-1455433272_thumb.jpg

I have a few ideas to try to further improve the transformed model's quality and smoothness, but I also have other projects (non-DOA) going at the same time.   I'd like to get some more tests going and see if I can make the quality go up even more when time allows.

Please let me know if you guys find any more issues.  Any feedback, suggestions, criticism anything at all are most welcome.  I appreciate you guys taking a few moments to try my tools out!  I think this version is pretty stable now, and quality is pretty decent as well.

I've been doing some massive transformation testings and I've found a few tips to make repeated transformation fun, fast and simple.

Before transforming for one character,  you should make a copy of the original and give them meaningful names.

For instance - when I worked on Lisa->Honoka, this is what I did

post-781013-0-08309700-1455428317_thumb.png

I made a copy of the TMC and TMCL files and renamed them.

Then, I modified the texture

post-781013-0-89698500-1455428319_thumb.png

You can speed it up even further by doing the skin mtrcol before hand as well if you'd like.

After that, I can keep transforming on the same file, and all the texture will be set for me everytime it is done, since the tool makes a copy of your TMCL and it already has the correct skin texture.  Repeated attempts will take no time at all!  This is especially handy if you want to check out the effect of many different smoothness values.

post-781013-0-80271000-1455428322_thumb.png

All of this is because I am too lazy to implement skin and texture swap in the tool itself :P but why reinvent the wheel? right?

I had forgotten to mention that to use any of my Advanced Converter's TMC Post processing functionalities, there's no need to convert between TMC and OBJ.  They can be used as is.

Anyone can try to repair neck seam now with a click of a button.  Please note that the neck seam repair is not complete until the skin mtr col is set, and the proper texture is swapped in.

What in the... I only asked a few hours ago, and a bunch of things have been fixed, explained, and improved already. One normally has to pay good money for this kind of service. :D

Particular thanks for the explanation of what the collision transfer does, this whole time I assumed it was for the clothes and didn't even notice the hair. So do you still use Harry's skeleton patcher if you already have auto bone/collision checked during conversion?

What in the... I only asked a few hours ago, and a bunch of things have been fixed, explained, and improved already. One normally has to pay good money for this kind of service. :D

Particular thanks for the explanation of what the collision transfer does, this whole time I assumed it was for the clothes and didn't even notice the hair. So do you still use Harry's skeleton patcher if you already have auto bone/collision checked during conversion?

Nope, if the transfer is successful (ie loads in the game and does not eject you to desktop), then you don't need to use Harry's bone tool.   His bone tool is still one of the most reliable tools I have ever used, but sadly, it does not transfer collision for hair as I described, so it is a last resort, sort of.

I had this the other way  because I was trying to get the collision for clothing into the model to transform, but it should be kept, lol.  The hair collision should be transferred from the reference since the existing model already has the correct collision in place. 

wow really great tool. thanks alot.

Since im not that experienced with doa modding i was sceptical at frist, if i could get a good result but the tool is perfectly easy and delivers everything you need to swap costumes. It takes like 2 minuets and tadaa, it works :)

Hey I'm glad you find it useful!  The goal is to make it accessible for anyone to try and get some of costumes that they like (whether mod or official outfits) on their favorite girls without having to ask someone else to do it for him/her.  I hope I have succeeded so far.

I have been thinking about ways to increase the quality of transformation but this problem is a very tough nut to crack.  I hope you guys like the quality so far.   Any feedback, suggestion, complaint, criticism are most welcome!

Lol, looks like I missed a fair amount of action the last day or so. Great work timmy, really great work.

Thanks Si.  it appears that there are never ending bugs, lol.   To all Marie lovers(which probably accounts for over 60% of DOA5 player base?), I may have a solution to the weird breast "ring" issue that DigitalCookie discovered.

Both versions are SF30.

V0.1.6b weird breast shape on Marie

post-781013-0-03618100-1455485214_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-00065800-1455485216_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-00647400-1455485218_thumb.jpg

This problem goes away if you use higher smoonthness, however, marie also gains a bit more weight and has bigger breasts :bush:

v0.1.7 fix

post-781013-0-96361900-1455485219_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-82812800-1455485221_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-28320100-1455485224_thumb.jpg

And my experiment gone wrong :D

post-781013-0-04130300-1455485297_thumb.jpg

Lol, looks like I missed a fair amount of action the last day or so. Great work timmy, really great work.

Thanks Si.  it appears that there are never ending bugs, lol.   To all Marie lovers, I may have a solution to the weird breast "ring" issue that DigitalCookie discovered.

Both versions are SF30.

V0.1.6b weird breast shape on Marie

attachicon.gifv0_1_6_marie_breasts (1).jpgattachicon.gifv0_1_6_marie_breasts (2).jpgattachicon.gifv0_1_6_marie_breasts (3).jpg

This problem goes away if you use higher smoonthness, however, marie also gains a bit more weight and has bigger breasts :bush:

v0.1.7 fix

attachicon.gifv0_1_7_marie_breasts (1).jpgattachicon.gifv0_1_7_marie_breasts (2).jpgattachicon.gifv0_1_7_marie_breasts (3).jpg

attachicon.giftimmy_experiment.jpg

Hahahahaahahahaha - Marie Rose turns to mutant.... ;)

But I love the size of her boobies in upper pictures.

Which Honoka textures do I use to swap?

You should check out Saaf's posts http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56672-doa5lr-saafrats-h-lod-nude-mod-v10-curvy-body-mod/ for some good textures.   Make sure they look like all the other body textures to ensure UVs are mapped correctly though.  Or a number of other full nude posts here that should have Honoka skin texture for you to use.

attachicon.giftimmy_experiment.jpg

lol! that marie rose looks insanely hawt!

Which Honoka textures do I use to swap?

You should check out Saaf's posts http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56672-doa5lr-saafrats-h-lod-nude-mod-v10-curvy-body-mod/ for some good textures.   Make sure they look like all the other body textures to ensure UVs are mapped correctly though.  Or a number of other full nude posts here that should have Honoka skin texture for you to use.

Thanks for supporting my thread timmy. Regarding Honoka textures, I think that may be more appropriate using textures from the previous version, since the reference model is more similar to that model.

PS: I will look for those textures and I'll upload it here if it's ok ;)

oh... and no more rep ups again... no need to say how annoying is this :s

Thanks for supporting my thread timmy. Regarding Honoka textures, I think that may be more appropriate using textures from the previous version, since the reference model is more similar to that model.

PS: I will look for those textures and I'll upload it here if it's ok ;)

oh... and no more rep ups again... no need to say how annoying is this :s

That would be awesome.   MoP is here to save the day with his ultra high quality reference Honoka model!  (release TBD :bush:)

Honoka's got too much mammary she's literally taken up all the available mammary storage and I can't upvote :(

post-781013-0-81341700-1455488799_thumb.png

That would be awesome.   MoP is here to save the day with his ultra high quality reference Honoka model!  (release TBD :bush:)

Honoka's got too much mammary she's literally taken up all the available mammary storage and I can't upvote :(

attachicon.gifwtf_LL.png

Shhh! don't put words on my mouth, I'm only speaking about textures lol. Not that I don't want to cooperate haha, but I would need to make that reference model from 0 D:

As always I will say: I will do it ;).... when?... "this saturday" ;) haha.

and yeah, the rep ups are always out of mammary here :s

this is what happens when I inject honoka's texture into costumes

it's because that texture was designed only for HLOD honoka, the diffuse UV map is completely different. You need to use the old Honoka textures. Here is the texture pack:

Honoka body textures.7z

*Use only "maroka" textures with the default reference model. Pubic hair version is also available (thanks to mario80).

edit: "Maroka" texture may be slightly different to the original texture used on the reference model. Expect some seams.

some recursivity

post-790447-0-91338800-1455491571_thumb.png