[DOA5LR] genderswap (male to female)

passage

Hello everybody!

I've been playing DOA5 for a while now, and a friend of mine often likes to tease me about my best characters...

And he's right, aside from Kasumi, I'm often playing with the male part of the roster. "Why, when there are girls like that?"

Well, the idea has been in mind for quite some time now: swapping body to have a female char using the moveset of a male.

Not just swapping, since I'm planning to try this on my main Jan Lee, and I'm willing to rework the model to obtain kind of a new character.

I'm not a newbie when it comes to 3D. I have enough knowledge to extract/modify/create the mesh/textures, but I have some questions for the more experienced modders of this game out there:

-Are joints shared by both genders? I mean the most important ones (basic movement), not things like the jigglebones. I've never seen sex swap in DOA, and that certainly is because of this point.

-Is it possible to modify the joints' structure (things like narrowing the shoulders)?

-What about the weights? Will I have to do all over again?

-Method or workflow for this particular task, anyone?

Those are likely blocking points. I could try, fail, and loose a considerable amount of time, or ask the community. Chose the latter.

If I succesfully pull this off, I'm willing to post the DLC, and maybe work on other genderswap characters.

I tried to swap female character on Eliot model and it look almost possible with this char to make a sex swap if you know which face and body to put.

But I tried on Hayabusa and the body look weird, large shoulder, inapropriate body bones, ect..

I only tried with Dlc Tool, you could maybe do something better with other software.

There are also an other problem that is funny, the sound.

Sex swap is cool but you must swap sound too or you will have a female char with a boy voice.

I didnt tried to swap a male on a female body but I can guess this is easier (largest body on small body).

I am curious to know if someone else tried and done this correctly here, I saw Hayabusa on Kasumi model a long time ago, perfectly compatible in her private paradise.

Given the result you obtained with Eliot, I think that I'll have to figure out wether the animations are working with motions, or postions.

With positions only, it will be impossible to reshape the skeleton, since it will be "resetted" by the animation properties. If this method is used by the game engine, then the whole genderswap idea is impossible.

However, if they are using only motions, it won't matter if the skeleton is modified, since they will be applied to the bones using its current form. The video you saw with Hayabusa seems to point in that direction. I really hope it is.

I don't know if it will mess up the hitboxes, but if they're not part of the model there should be no problem.

As for the voice, I will try changing the clips, but it isn't my main concern right now.

Archived