Dance Synchronizator 3.6 Issues

Hi there. I am trying to setup Dance Synchronizator v3.6 on my install, but I cannot for the life of me get FNIS to run with it.

I am using Mod Organizer and to try and install it I copied my skyrim directory and installed DS over the coped Skyrim directory. I then took the contents of that added by DS and put it into a zip file and installed it plus all the BSAs for DS.

Now I am unable to run FNIS with this (I couldnt get DS 3.6 to work before I switched to MO from NMM either (swtiched to MO last week. Liking it!)

I have noticed that the behaviour file that comes with DS called mt_behavior.hkx seems to dissapear upon running GenerateFnisForUsers.exe

I tried to rename it to ds_mt_behaviour.hkx which stops it from disappearing but genfnisforusers.exe says that it is an invalid fnis behaviour file or something.

Does anyone have any idea how to get FNIS to run with DS 3.6? Is it possible?

Cheers!

Never run FNIS after installing Dance Synchronizer or any of RSV's mods unless you have to (e.g. installing new mods or uninstalling mods that require FNIS).  He does not use FNIS, rather, he created an installer that generates the behavior and anim files.

Here's the installation instructions.

http://casualmods.net/DanceSynchronizator/DSMainEng.html

Warning!!!

If you're using FNIS, every times you'll use FNIS for Users, you'll have to reinstall Dance Synchronizator by DS Installer, at the other case FNIS will delete all required strings from defaultmale.hkx and defaultfemale.hkx files.

So basically, you need to:

1. Run FNIS generator for users for any mods that require it.  Exception is DS.
  2. Run the DS installer.
  3. If you run FNIS afterwards for whatever reason, you will need to run the DS installer again.

The installer requires direct access to Skyrim.esm and Update.esm for it to generate the needed files so it will not work with MO's virtual folders.

What you will need to do is copy the required FNIS behavior files (after running the generator) to the Data folder.

Data/meshes/actors/character/_1stperson/behaviors/mt_behavior.hkx
Data/meshes/actors/character/_1stperson/characters/firstperson.hkx
Data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/mt_behavior.hkx
Data/meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx
Data/meshes/actors/character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx

Run the DS installer and let it update these files (some or all, not exactly sure) along with generating the other DS files.

Move all of the files (behavior files+DS created files) out of the Data folder and install them with MO like any other mod.

If you have any FNIS generated behavior files in MO's Overwrite folder, move them to a backup location so that they do not overwrite the files from DS and as a precautionary measure, if having problems with animations in-game, you will have the original behavior files.

Aye, I have tried this, though I just copied my Skyrim install and used the copy with my generated FNIS files, took a copy of all that was created by DSInstaller and installed it in MO. but I just get a CTD when I click new game or try and load a game, not sure if it is to do with the String localization (it could be as I notice that everything has $ signs in front of it in the UI, i.e. $Load, $Save etc). But I have run the installer and clicked English localization, perhaps the DS Installer localization defaults to US while I need UK (assuming there is any difference). Quite confused! I mean I actually gave up trying to get it to work even when I was still using NMM for the exact same problem.

If you are crashing and exhibit problems associated with localization files then I think I know how to fix this.

Check your Data folder for a STRINGS folder.  If you have one, look within for the Skyrim English string files (total 3).  If you do not see them or do not have a STRINGS folder then do the following.

You need something to extract BSA files.  I use BSAopt at nexus.

Use the BSA extractor to extract SKYRIM-INTERFACE.bsa to a location outside of the Data folder.

Copy/paste the STRINGS folder to your Data folder to add the loose localization files.  You can delete any localization files for other languages as you do not need them.

Now retry the DS Installer.  It could be that there was some error with the installer finding the English strings or something of that nature.

If you are still crashing then I have no idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Two really quick question please..

I have DS 3.6 installed....and am attempting to play "Sexy Love" animations...(which is working) however...the dance animation I have for that song looks different from this animation:  

Question 1.   Is that a different dance animation than the 3.6 currently has for the song ?  Where can I get the above animation ?

Question 2.   Is anyone else experiencing a problem with the "Dance with Me" and "Dance Me" conversation commands?  Nothing happens with I use those.

• 4 weeks later...

My Problem is the same , if i load or start a new game after a short duration in loading screen the game crash. But with the FNIS .hkx everything is fine. I got the String Folder and all strings in it (3 Total). Maybe help to get DS to work would be great.

I am having the same problem. I have followed the installation instructions for DS 3.6, including not running FNIS afterwards, and I CTD after a brief time when trying to load or create a new game. When I run FNIS for Users, I no longer CTD, but DS does not work (as the author said it would not). I have all of the English localization files in the Strings directory. Anyone have any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

My Problem is the same , if i load or start a new game after a short duration in loading screen the game crash. But with the FNIS .hkx everything is fine. I got the String Folder and all strings in it (3 Total). Maybe help to get DS to work would be great.

I am having the same problem. I have followed the installation instructions for DS 3.6, including not running FNIS afterwards, and I CTD after a brief time when trying to load or create a new game. When I run FNIS for Users, I no longer CTD, but DS does not work (as the author said it would not). I have all of the English localization files in the Strings directory. Anyone have any thoughts?

i have exactly the same problem.. i have followed all the steps exactly as they. as the instructions.  any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

i have exactly the same problem.. i have followed all the steps exactly as they. as the instructions.  any thoughts?

I also face this same Issue :(

The music works but they never dance, how to solve it? I have to run FNIS after DS Installer because it will CTD me if I don't run FNIS after it.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly the same issue here. CTD on loading any save or starting a new game.

According to the Dance Synchronizator v3.6 installation page, everything is installed correctly.

I've given up to be honest. My best guess is that it's an issue with load order or a conflicting mod, but there's no real option for support with this mod as far as I can tell.

• 3 months later...

I am currently using Dance Synchronizator v3.7 and everything seems to work fine except for the 'Choose Dance' option. I press NP1 and nothing happens. I can start the dance but it is always Aitakatta. I've checked and all the required files are present and I made sure to install DS after using FNIS. Everything seems to be in order but that one function just refuses to work. Could someone please help me figure out what I've done wrong, please and thanks. 

I have exactly the same issue as TotalMentalCase, the choose dance and choose camera options are the only things that doesn't work, the dialogue menu doesn't show up

I was previously using the 3.6 version of the mod and it worked perfectly

I have checked the Dancesynchronisator.esp with TES5edit and i have found that every files under Dialog topic folder have this written : <Error: No strings file for Istring ID...>

It is perhaps the culprit ?

Please help :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It works wonders but if you are using ver 3.7 too can you press the choose motion button ? 

I only mention 3.7 because some of the animations in there are from 3.7 and not 3.6. I'm still trying to get 3.7 working, it's being a right pain in the behind at the moment

hehe. i know right. i just hope rsv would fix this

Archived