Pink Screen of Death T_T

Hello, I am currently having a really annoying issue with the pink screen of death and I can't figure out what's going wrong. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and uninstalled again so many times I don't even want to count T_T.

Here is my load order

[X] FalloutNV.esm

[X] DeadMoney.esm

[X] HonestHearts.esm

[X] OldWorldBlues.esm

[X] LonesomeRoad.esm

[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm

[X] ClassicPack.esm

[X] MercenaryPack.esm

[X] TribalPack.esm

[X] CaravanPack.esm

[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm

[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

[X] ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm

[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm

[X] NSkies URWLified.esm

[X] Sexout.esm

[X] SexoutCommonResources.esm

[X] SexoutSlavery.esm

[X] SexoutLegion.esm

[X] bzArmour.esp

[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp

[X] WMX-ModernWeapons.esp

[X] WMX-MW-GRA.esp

[X] WMX-DeadMoney.esp

[X] WMX-HonestHearts.esp

[X] WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp

[X] WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp

[X] WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp

[X] EVE FNV.esp

[X] WMX-EVE.esp

[X] NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp

[X] NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp

[X] NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp

[X] Sexout LevelUp.esp

[X] SexoutNotify.esp

[X] SexoutKhans.esp

[X] SexoutKings.esp

[X] SexoutNCR.esp

[X] SexoutPowderGangers.esp

[X] SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

[X] SexoutFiends.esp

Also to clarify it's my game that's crashing when the pink screen (window I should probably say) occurs. Oh and I apologize for not posting this all in the correct format. It was driving me nuts last night and I didn't know who else to turn to :(

im not sure what it is exactly... i just call it the pink screen of death because whenever i open up New Vegas the window turns pink and new vegas crashes. T_T

Can FNVEdit load all of your mods without error?

Hmm had to look up what that was haha, but I have it installed now so I will test to see if it can load my stuff up ):3 thank you

Project Nevada does that gregathit' date=' they have two esp's that are esmified.

[/quote']

Must be a newer version of PN...as the version I used to run worked fine with the esp's down below. PN jacked with too many things on my install and had to go so I am likely out of touch on that puppy.

Thanks for the heads up :D

im not sure what it is exactly... i just call it the pink screen of death because whenever i open up New Vegas the window turns pink and new vegas crashes. T_T

Can you start the game with no mods at all using the original game exe and create a new character to see if things are still pink?

You may have a bad vid driver or a card that just can't handle the game (or has gone bad). Also check your directX.

If Everything is pink then that is a serious issue and probably not a mod related one. Of course I could be wrong.

Can you start the game with no mods at all using the original game exe and create a new character to see if things are still pink?

You may have a bad vid driver or a card that just can't handle the game (or has gone bad). Also check your directX.

If Everything is pink then that is a serious issue and probably not a mod related one. Of course I could be wrong.

hmm now that you do mention it, when i disabled all the mods my game still wouldn't start whenever I tried to use FoMM. Then i tried to start up the game using the mods 1 at a time and it still wouldn't work. But my video card should be fine... I have an alienware m15x laptop and i chose the best graphics card i could get when i bought it >.< (i'm not too technically savvy so i figured the more expensive thing is usually better).

In any case the only time fallout did start was when I started up through steam. I'm afraid I may have broke something again :(

*sigh* does anyone know if there is anyway I can reinstall this without having to redownload it off steam :(

In any case the only time fallout did start was when I started up through steam. I'm afraid I may have broke something again :(

*sigh* does anyone know if there is anyway I can reinstall this without having to redownload it off steam :(

Use the Steam Website Library backup tool after downloading so you don't have to downlooad it again.

Also try the Steam Website Verify Cache tool first and see if that fixes the issue.

Something else to look at is if you installed steam to the default location (program files) and have Win7 you could be fighting a battle with UAC.

gregathit is right' date=' I install Steam to my C:\Games\Steam directory, not C:\Programs and it works great, no UAC problems at all.

[/quote']

ahh yes I have been installing it there. alrighty I'll try doing that next time then see if I have less issues...

thanks for the help ^^

Also I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but whenever I download from nexus I always use the mod manager but whenever I download from here I kind of just drop it in my data folder and adjust things in the mod manager. Is this the correct method >.<? Sorry if this is a silly question.

@sen4mi

I am guess he is using the nexus mod manager since he is downloading through it.

@Forthing

generally dumping things into the data folder is correct. HOWEVER, always unzip things to a temp folder to check the file structure. If you unzip something and end up with: FNV\data\data\ then it will NEVER work.

@sen4mi

I am guess he is using the nexus mod manager since he is downloading through it.

@Forthing

generally dumping things into the data folder is correct. HOWEVER' date=' always unzip things to a temp folder to check the file structure. If you unzip something and end up with: FNV\data\data\ then it will NEVER work.

[/quote']

got it. i'll try this again and hope it works :D thanks for the help guys ^^

Archived