[Help] Issue on diffuse map of hoof meshes

Findri

Hi guys, I have this akward situation with a diffuse map on a mesh that I'm customising to use on my draenei character.... As you can see in the pics, I set the diffuse maps on Bodyslide outfit studio like I  often do with other custom armor, and  they show accordingly, until I go ingame and looks like the meshes inside the game load the "actors\character\female\femalebody_1.dds'' textures....

I think the .nif file on this mesh contains some sort of information or scripts that makes them load the body textures ingame instead the ones I set on bodyslide studio.....

So what is the proper tool to modify this information so I have the correct textures shown in game?? 

Btw the original meshes can be found here http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1420-draenei-race-with-hoof-armors-by-trykz/
HoofArmors.7z

...from a custom race mod, they only load the proper textures when used on the custom race. not the vanilla races and they present the same issue I have...

Btw I'm ussing these meshes on a Vanilla race... and I dont have the custom race mod installed... just extracted the .nif files... no .esp or script files at all

I need some serious help or guide here... so any is very appreciated. TY for your time

post-58324-0-64472000-1434896746_thumb.jpg

post-58324-0-75796800-1434896761_thumb.jpg

post-58324-0-88397900-1434896773_thumb.jpg

post-58324-0-29028000-1434896786_thumb.jpg

post-58324-0-17969900-1434896797_thumb.jpg

So you're saying you don't have an ESP plugin for it... well that eliminates the Creation Kit errors. The path in the NIFs seem to be correct as well.

Is it correct for both the _0 and _1.nif files? And the actual content of the texture files is correct as well?

Ah, right. If you replace the femalefeet_1.nif and _0.nif files of a race (even vanilla race), the texture of the hoofs will be overwritten with the body textures. You would need to make an ESP plugin for that, which tells the game to use the correct ones.

So in short, you need to either use the custom race of the mod, or modify the vanilla race.

Thank you for replying

Indeed, they are the same for _0 and _1

And yes, somehow the textures are being overwritten by the body textures.... But I was wondering if there isnt information inside the NIF file that makes the textures follow one path instead the one I assign....  Because I dont have that issue when retexturing boots that follow the same body partition (37,38) .... Then , is there a way to assign textures using the creation kit?... or a tool that  sets diffuse maps according to the game options?? cuz I never had this kind of issue when retexturing nifs....

In the nifskope go to the BSLightingShaderProperty and look at the Skyrim Shader Type (at the top of the block details) the value will be set to 'skin tint' when this is the case skyrim will replace the textures with the ones it has set up in a texture set. (also applies the correct shaders for skin) 

One way of correcting this is to set up a texture set in the CK and link it in the the Armour addon (this will let you use the skin shader)

Or in nifskope change the shader type to 'default' to stop it from being redirected. (no skin shader applied)

In the nifskope go to the BSLightingShaderProperty and look at the Skyrim Shader Type (at the top of the block details) the value will be set to 'skin tint' when this is the case skyrim will replace the textures with the ones it has set up in a texture set. (also applies the correct shaders for skin) 

One way of correcting this is to set up a texture set in the CK and link it in the the Armour addon (this will let you use the skin shader)

Or in nifskope change the shader type to 'default' to stop it from being redirected. (no skin shader applied)

Wow it seems we are getting somewhere

When I change the shader type to other that isnt skin tint (I tried with Default, envoirment and glow shader) the game crashes ... What is causing the CTD?? Would you take a look if I send u the NIF file with ESP and textures??

BINGO! I managed to make them work after I changed the values of some checkboxes ... I've learned something very useful today... I didnt know NIFskope was able to modify textures at this magnitude.... way too helpful

I'll post some ingame screenshots later.... Thank you guys!

post-58324-0-14700800-1434913292_thumb.jpg

BINGO! I managed to make them work after I changed the values of some checkboxes ... I've learned something very useful today... I didnt know NIFskope was able to modify textures at this magnitude.... way too helpful

can you share your files?

mine is not working well

enb_2015_06_21_19_46_31_522.jpg

can you share your files?

mine is not working well

enb_2015_06_21_19_46_31_522.jpg

Allright... I made a mod, it contains the plugin file, textures and meshes.... So you can straight install it with a mod manager and use it in game I guess.... Make me know if you have any issue

Equipable Hooves.rar

I modified some of the shader types on the meshes to make them look more natural, the previous download had too much of glossines/envoirment shader on it.... I think there are still some values you can change to make them look better... but this one looks fine for now... so you might want to download this one

• 1 month later...

Archived