[WIP] Female Bovine Race - Bovuman, maybe?

Jessica69

So I'm not going to release this until it's a little more developed. Bear with me, I work my primary job every day from 5AM-(5-8PM) Mon-Thur.

I'm going to put as much time as I can into this mod, however I will be moving soon so it might put a temporary hold on this project.

Anyway, I found a [WIP] mod like this, a lot more developed, though. I want to have my race look like a female and a cow- a human cow. So I don't want it to look like the laughing cow running around (like what the other mod seemed to be looking like), but cow-enough to please the masses (mostly meself ;D)

I have a screenshot of what I currently have, which took me all day to figure out how to make a custom race and change the base textures of everything (most of the day was spent changing the textures so that the character body was visible and not just a head floating). Now that I figured that out, though, I'll be needing some help with this mod since I haven't done too much with CK. I know a bit, but not enough to finish this mod myself.

Current Screenie:

sn1214.jpg

Working On:

So far, I need to find out why my character can't wear clothing. I'm sure it's got something to do with it not being connected to the web of weapons and classes that already exist (since it's a one-day old new class), however I'm not sure where to start looking for the issue. I'll be searching more thoroughly this weekend, unless anyone has any information they can find on why this might be happening.

HDT works so far, body sliders, etc. However, HDT hair does not work on the character (as it does not work on Draenei either). If anyone knows what that's all about, that would be great help to know too, thanks!

As I stated before, I won't be uploading until the race is at least playable. Please be patient, and if you're looking forward to the mod coming out, help me stay motivated by helping me! :D Thanks all!

So far, I need to find out why my character can't wear clothing. I'm sure it's got something to do with it not being connected to the web of weapons and classes that already exist (since it's a one-day old new class), however I'm not sure where to start looking for the issue. I'll be searching more thoroughly this weekend, unless anyone has any information they can find on why this might be happening.

If you created a new race, it will be not used by standard Armors.

Enabling the armors for your custom race is quite long but simple.

Edit each armor (in CK) you want to be wearable by your race, and just click on your race on the right list of "additional races."

I repeat, it is quite long. But easy to do.

Of course do not expect armor scaling following your custom body. Semi-transparent armors, will NOT show by efault your body under, but the vanilla one (or the one the are build for.)

In CK, open an Armor (in my example csbJaveleenClothes)

Then check the name for the Armor Addon (in my example csbJaveleenClothesAA)

Open it, and then in the right list of "Additional races", be sure your Bovine-human race is selected.

Very nice.

I too am trying to do the very same race type.

llla_bova.png

Nice now it just needs some cow ears and horns and it'd be great

could we possibly get a version with less cow skin pattern ideally less on the face and with it only going up to the hips for the legs not to be rude or anyting

I am still trying different skins and need to learn how to make the human flesh parts even on the butt and bottom of feet.

I was thinking of adding psd textures to a freckles or tattoo overlay mod and just leave skin textures blank. For cow spots I mean, so more colors than black.

i gave up on creating a cowgirl race mysellf after i realised they wouldn't be able to wear any armor ever, thanks to the way ArmorAddons work. :\

i had started by adding two more tits to the body, eventually just merged the extra tits into my existing armors.

post-501843-0-78567400-1434468016_thumb.png

i also had a version where i moved them down to the utterplace but didn't seem to take anyscreenshots of that.

nah i wouldnt try to add udders. too much work. 4 breasts maybe like darkconsole did. i do think theyd look awesome with hooves though. if not part of the body mesh maybe have them as armor? i tried to take pony boots and recolor them in like a cow print pattern and good god did i fk shit up. that was my 1st and last attempt and any kind of modding, lol

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry everyone, FINALLY settled into my new apartment. Having a little issues with bills and work scheduling currently. I will try to continue working on this and providing updates as I can :D thanks for patience. Anyone else who wants to get in on this race, feel free to collaborate here or PM me! :D Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice.

llla_bova.png

could we possibly get a version with less cow skin pattern ideally less on the face and with it only going up to the hips for the legs not to be rude or anyting

TESV_2015_08_31_17_29_06_64.png

TESV_2015_08_31_17_28_50_14.png

Like that or same white skin and less spot?

Very nice.

llla_bova.png

TESV_2015_08_31_17_29_06_64.png

TESV_2015_08_31_17_28_50_14.png

Like that or same white skin and less spot?

wow that looks great, it does come off as a bit ghostly white what can ya do about that, unless your willing and able to make it a tiny bit transparent to help it blend in with the character's natural skin tone but other wise great as it it

what body type do you plan to make this for? I kind of hope you can make one for cbbe

• 1 month later...

Wait . . . if this is a female only race, why is it called Bovuman? Just saying.

Because it's a cross of bovine and human, human has MAN in it too. c:

Any updates? This looks like a fun race, and I know a friend who will -really- like it. Sorry for the necro.

I have big troubles with mine.

I let steam run in online mode and the auto updater has done something to my skyrim and  the creation kit will not work anymore and I tried for weeks to fix it. 

Also the harddrive where I have saved my back up data folder and mods for skyrim has failed out of the blue and I lost everything.

I still want to finish what I started but I need to try a way to do it with out using the creation kit. 

This edit: A good idea to allow more customization for users who have different wants for fur patterns and different sorts of skin texture mods or wants to add spots to other races is to add overlays. It saves lots of time and work.

I have made a few in place of a freckles mod.

Here are some spots with the size of 4096x4096

spot%20test%201_zpsiizgqnah.png

overlay%20test%20_zpslkbobbl1.png

With color and transparency.

overlay%20test%202_zpsw1ctyu1g.png

• 1 month later...

I have no modding/modeling experience, but I've been messing around with textures and combining parts of other mods (created by people who actually KNOW what they're doing) and I've managed to come up with this. Since my attempts to make an actual race mod have not been entirely successful (can't get the racemenu sliders despite editing the races.ini) I could upload what I have so far here and let somebody else have a go. I managed to get it into the game through the Customraces mod.

post-225886-0-40637100-1450346789_thumb.jpg

Hello! This mod looks great, but the end result will kind of suck imo since the race will not be an anthro cow, but just a human with horns, tail, and a cow pattern, which is why, I, a mediocre modeller would like to try my hand at modeling a cow head for this race. So, I am asking for permission to use your current progress, along w/ rand0m84's mashup to make my own race mod, if you will allow it. I would like you to send me the materials and all the names I would need to credit for the mod.

@everyone else, if op does allow it, please do not ask about progress, or eta, I am a chronic procrastinator and am forgetful, so even if i do work at a breakneck (reasonable :P ) pace, I will most likely forget to update. I would rather deliver it as a pleasant surprise rather than be bullied into releasing a shitty, half-baked mod. :D

Edit:@Op, I can also try to work on a lore for both races, if you want.

Another Edit: If people start spamming me, I will cut a bitch

*Spelling errors

Archived