Devious Devices

Deviously Cursed Loot

Daymol

SD+

Defeat

Specialized Followers

AFT

Skytweak

I'm playing a Mage and have a follower Lydia....Specialized Followers so Lydia is like a Tank and has the AI to use Shield Bash plus a special power to restore an allies health once every 6 real minutes.

So I'm wondering how can I make the game a bit tougher in and still have progression?

Maybe you guys have some ideas on this I haven't thought of?

Or maybe another question

Without having to edit every armor I download is there a mod that makes that easy in game or though a proc patch nerfs the armor to realistic stats for the level?

plugins.txt

The combat mods I use that makes it more challenging are Combat Evolved, Deadly Combat and Revenge of the Enemies. I think it is Deadly or maybe Evolved but one of them has a MCM menu that lets you tweak up and down how much damage NPC's do, how much the PC does, how much their skills help with armor etc. You can really fine tune these stats to make the enemies more dangerous, combine with the other two that give them more abilities and a better AI for fighting and I found it was noticeable jump in how dangerous they was. It took awhile to tweak it to get it just where I wanted but worth the effort IMHO.

One of the toughest npc spawn mods i've found is sands of time but its even better combined with asis however its also pretty heavy on the system basically it creates random spawns with some custom baddies but some vanilla if you stil still to long someplace you'll prob get overwhelmed that's mostly in dungeons but mobs also will attack towns, settlements. ect. Asis can also be used to increase spawns but i recommend it to improve mob ai's they'll block use potions cast invisibility and run away ect. My system had a hard time dealing with it so personally i run dbf random encounters, obis, obis redone, perma, asis the way my game is it starts out farliy easy but rapidly increases in difficulty.

Remember that upping the difficulty or altering NPC damage taken is going to affect your follower also, so it is likely that Lydia is going to be even more beastly.

Could try to look for mods that increase enemies level and or equipment.

High Level enemies

Enhanced High-Level gameplay

Better Deadly Bandits

Might not want to use them all at once tho...actually I never bother to look how/if they overwrite or amp each other. :s

Also remember that tweaking damage settings will affect your levelling. In vanilla Skyrim Expert mode drops the damage you do by a quarter (0.75) consequently you have to hit enemies 25% more times roughly, which will increase your single/double handed skills faster.

It's easy to get round by using a mod that allows you to tweak it back to 1, or what I did was to make a small mod in CK which adjusts fDiffMultHPbyPC[x] = 1 (x = game level), using fDiffMultHPtoPC[x] allows you adjust incoming damage as well.

Ah Thanks everyone,

I adjusted the difficulty up to Master Level and brought the player damage up to 0.75

Though I'm pretty much 1 or 2 shotted by everything ><

But I don't spend a lot of time in the fray anyway so I think its pretty close to fair.

Archived