GECK won't add quest (dialogue) topic.

What I did:

1. Created a Quest.

2. Went to Topic.

3. Clicked Add Topic.

4. Selected Greeting.

5. Nothing happened ?

6. Blank window.

Pls help me. I love to create, but shit like this just make me want to destroy.

It's their on your text display (under Top-level only) area on the left you have to resize it. Win 8 minimizes them for some reason.

Oh...my....god. It worked!

Thank you for solving my problem. My GECK days will continue after all. 

Much appreciated kind sir.  

yeah, same thing is happening for me too. How did you resize it? :/

You have to pull them back from the left side of the topic enty list. there are a few columns till you see the usual topic name. Same for the condition window: All entry columns are hidden on the left side.

But if you close your quest window and open it again (or another quest) you have to do this again ... and again, and again.

Geck got this issue with windows 8 for the first time. It was fixed with updating to windows 8.1, now it came back with the windows update of march15. Wonder if this will be fixed again :(

You have to pull them back from the left side of the topic enty list. there are a few columns till you see the usual topic name. Same for the condition window: All entry columns are hidden on the left side.

But if you close your quest window and open it again (or another quest) you have to do this again ... and again, and again.

Geck got this issue with windows 8 for the first time. It was fixed with updating to windows 8.1, now it came back with the windows update of march15. Wonder if this will be fixed again :(

I hope so because it's damn annoying, I tried removing a few updates around 13th to 15th but nothing changed

I hope so because it's damn annoying, I tried removing a few updates around 13th to 15th but nothing changed

That's not good.

As I have written here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45600-geck-is-suddenly-broken/ I am seriouly thinking about reactivating my old win-XP-desktop-pc for modding and playing fallout. On the other hand I could upgrade it to a machine which is strong enough for a good looking skyrim. But this would keep me away from modding f:nv once again ... Oh, couldn't someone convince the creators of the Geck to make an update which works with this nasty and annoying win-8 ;)

Archived