View File

Version Nova

- Stamina / Magicka points increase formula nerfed to only the value in the MCM per increase, for example if it is set to 2, you will only get an increase of 2 Magicka or Stamina per increase regardless of player level.

- You now receive 1 Movement Speed/Jump Height every 2 levels.

- New descriptive message boxes added, they only show up when you first start up the game or a save game with this mod on.

- 'THE BUTTON' and the addition of a leveling formula which can accommodate any starting statistics between 1 - 500. If using the button above 500 will break the mod rendering it unusable as well as your save-game, so be careful when pressing the button.

- If you do not have the correct SKSE version installed, the game will quit to the main menu.

- What 'THE BUTTON' does is recalculate the level progression formula to be in line with your stats so you can be level 1. If you have more than 500 Magicka/Stamina you won't be able to use it anymore, if you do use it you will bug the mod.

- The default values: Your health is 50% of your Stamina + a flat value of 25. You receive 2 Perk Points per level-up. Every 10 points of Health you get from now on equals a level, every 50 points of Magicka you get from now on equals a level. You can only have a maximum of 3 perk points at a time, use them or you will waste them when you level-up, you get 0.01 Attack Speed for both hands per level and 0.01 Weapon Damage per level. You get 1 Movement Speed/Jump Height every 2 levels. Your carry weight is 60% of your Stamina + a flat value of 50. You receive 2 points of Magicka or Stamina per Magicka or Stamina increase. For Requiem there's a fix on the Utility page, enable it if you have Requiem initialized.

- Logo added <3.

- There's a fix for Requiem in the Utility tab, enable it only after Requiem has initialized, if your level is not 1 after Requiem had finished initializing, go to the MCM Menu -> Alternative Leveling -> Utility page and press 'THE BUTTON'. If there's any similar mod which does the same thing as Requiem, repeat the procedure, but only if you are not level 1 at the start of the game.

- If you are not level 1 at the beginning of the game, then press 'THE BUTTON' found in the MCM Menu -> Alternative Leveling -> Utility page.

- The maximum cap that you can set for some of the options in the MCM Menu have been changed to accommodate the changes done so far, if you don't like the current default values you may set them higher or lower than they are now, some of them have a limit to how low you can set them because otherwise it would break the mod.

fBmQmVb.png

This mod re-vamps the current leveling and statistics system in Skyrim. You no longer level up or increase your stats the way you used to; instead, by using up either Stamina or Magicka you can increase those said stats! Get your gym face on, it's time to make some gains. You'll receive notifications about each increase (Increases scale with level).

• By increasing your Stamina, you increase your Health pool, movement speed, jump height, attack speed, carry weight and weapon damage.

• By increasing your Magicka, you increase your spell damage and spell duration.(Up to 50% stronger spells)

The changes in actor values aren't noticeable at first, but the more you level up, the more noticeable they'll become.

• You many not notice any changes done since you might get used to them as you play, the growth is slow. To make a solid comparison, start a new game and compare 'feelings' between the two characters.

Let's talk "Leveling up". Your level now scales directly with your Health (You can check every formula I came up with if you check the source files, have a blast mate). When you level up, your Health resets back to full as usual, you don't have to press TAB to do that any longer because all your stats will increase dynamically as you play which means that you level-up automatically without having any control over it.

Perk points are awarded on each level-up; 5 perk points to be exact. There is no level limit. You'll receive a notification when you level up, telling you how many perk points you received, this notification's purpose is to notify you that you have leveled up.

And for the most important feature of all, all of these stats are updated in real-time, which means that you will feel the changes as soon as they happen, not 3, 5, or 10 seconds later. There are no performance issues and no CTD's.

Number crunching for the interested:

(Default)Statistics caps!

Stamina - None

Magicka - None

Health - None

Level - None

Movement Speed - 125 115

Jump Height - 200

Attack Speed - 1.5x

Carry Weight - None

Weapon Damage - 3x 2x

Spell Damage/Duration - 1.50x

LATEST VERSION VIDEO

CsULd3J.png

There are no compatibility issues at the moment, but if you find any; please report them.

To be sure that this mod does not conflict with any other mod, give it the highest priority and let it overwrite any other mod.

LtrEA8J.png

Make sure you have the latest SKSE(BETA 1.7.2) version installed ! VERY IMPORTANT!

Dawnguard/Dragonborn/Hearthfires.

wJ5or3m.png

1. Does my character level up by and only by using his stamina/magicka?

Your character levels up only by increasing his Stamina, by increasing his Stamina his Health Pool increases, by increasing his Health Pool his Level increases.

2. Do skills keep leveling as vanilla?

Yes, they do. My mod completely disables the previous system, so you don't level up by game mechanics, you level up by script.

3. Did you completely disable the old leveling system?

Yes.

4. Can you make an MCM Menu for the mod? Done!

If you know how, yes. I don't. I tried learning but I couldn't understand anything.

https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Quickstartis the link to the tutorial, if you understand anything and learn how to do it, make an MCM Menu for this mod and post it and I'll add it to the mod page or you could just release it separately, the source files for this mod are provided in the archive.

wzs47Da.png

Free to use by anyone.

Free to modify by anyone.

Free to make addons or enhancements by anyone.

Not free to be used to gain money with.

As always, to support the modding community/Bethesda, all of my mods will require Dawnguard/Dragonborn/Hearthfire.

____________HALL OF FAME_________________________

My thanks to PeggleFrank for the formatting and images provided.

My utmost thanks to theimmersion for creating the MCM Menu for this mod.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/30/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE BETA 1.7.2 AND LATEST SKYUI.
  • Special Edition Compatible

Hi, I tried it yesterday, with a new game. I think it has some compatibility issues. In MCM I changed only the lower section (damage, speed, jump).

After like 1-2 hours of play, very little fighting (I had less then 10 encounters) my character is level 35 and has 150+ skillpoints. This led to fight unbeatable enemies, since my combat skills have improved like 1-2 points only, so I could not even spend the skill points. The game in the meantime throws at me leveled enemies, expecting that I have combat skills around level 35.

I will not test it out, but the problem might be connected to SexLab Wear and Tear 2.06. It has a requirement, the Player Value Controller, which modifies the basic stats (stamina regen for example).

Another suspicious mod is the Player Succubus Quest, which also modifies the mana, HP and stamina pools if the player is low on Succubus energy (and the player starts only about half full). I had this mod enabled too.

The third culprit might be Defeat, when it applies the defeat stamina debuff.

A suggestion: You should enable the jump height to go up to 1000. It is immersion breaking, yes, but so are some other settings, like the running speed. Let the players decide if they want this or not. For example if they play some custom race (cat people, demons, etc), it might be fun to jump real high.

what i likely its a mod that allow leveling by each ennemy killed. more strong is the ennemy, more xp points i win and level more faster.

exempl :

kill mudcrab = 5xp

kill dragon = 300xp

xp make the level bar grow and when its complete , bing ! , level up to level 2 etc..

sound like a levelup system from old rpg game. but i like this system ^^

Hi, I tried it yesterday, with a new game. I think it has some compatibility issues. In MCM I changed only the lower section (damage, speed, jump).

1. After like 1-2 hours of play, very little fighting (I had less then 10 encounters) my character is level 35 and has 150+ skillpoints. This led to fight unbeatable enemies, since my combat skills have improved like 1-2 points only, so I could not even spend the skill points. The game in the meantime throws at me leveled enemies, expecting that I have combat skills around level 35.

2. I will not test it out, but the problem might be connected to SexLab Wear and Tear 2.06. It has a requirement, the Player Value Controller, which modifies the basic stats (stamina regen for example).

3. Another suspicious mod is the Player Succubus Quest, which also modifies the mana, HP and stamina pools if the player is low on Succubus energy (and the player starts only about half full). I had this mod enabled too.

4. The third culprit might be Defeat, when it applies the defeat stamina debuff.

5. A suggestion: You should enable the jump height to go up to 1000. It is immersion breaking, yes, but so are some other settings, like the running speed. Let the players decide if they want this or not. For example if they play some custom race (cat people, demons, etc), it might be fun to jump real high.

1. This is why you should also train your skills on training dummies or less :D.

2. My mod does not change the regeneration values.

3. Shouldn't matter, my mod overwrites it.

4. If the debuff is a mod actor value then it's fine, it won't do anything nasty.

5. The running speed is immersion breaking? I tested my default settings many times to make sure that they aren't, I might change the caps in the future.

1. After like 1-2 hours of play, very little fighting (I had less then 10 encounters) my character is level 35 and has 150+ skillpoints. This led to fight unbeatable enemies, since my combat skills have improved like 1-2 points only, so I could not even spend the skill points. The game in the meantime throws at me leveled enemies, expecting that I have combat skills around level 35.

5. A suggestion: You should enable the jump height to go up to 1000. It is immersion breaking, yes, but so are some other settings, like the running speed. Let the players decide if they want this or not. For example if they play some custom race (cat people, demons, etc), it might be fun to jump real high.

1. This is why you should also train your skills on training dummies or less :D.

5. The running speed is immersion breaking? I tested my default settings many times to make sure that they aren't, I might change the caps in the future.

1. I don't understand. If I play a game, I want to play the game and not beat up dummies. Also, if I leveled up to level 35 while doing very little, then beating up dummies will level me up even more.

5. You can set the run speed to very-very fast. I think you should enable the jumping to go higher too.

A quote from the original post:

3. Did you completely disable the old leveling system?

Yes.

Well, I don't see how this can be "yes", since I'm getting levels at an incredibly fast pace. I played a bit more with the aformentioned save and after killing 4 undeads (it was quite hard due to the low skills) I went up to level 70ish.

I think the player level should be connected to the actual spent skill points and not to the collected ones. At the end of the game, I had a skillpoint on everything I had access to and still had 220+ unspent ones. Since you insist that your mod works as intended and the other mods have no effect on it, I unistalled it, because using it made the game completely unbalanced.

If you level really that fast it means that you have overlapped previous versions of the mod. :)

It takes me ages to level up to 70 or even 30.

At level 20 you should have to consume 2050(with the default) stamina to get a increase in stamina. And to be level 20 you should have somewhere around 500 stamina do you know how long it takes to do that? You're saying level 70 here.

You're saying you're 70; you should need to consume 7050 stamina to get a increase in stamina.

BESIDES THAT, you can edit in MCM the value to slow down the leveling progression by changing "Stamina to Exceed for Stamina" so don't hold me accountable for your inability to do so.

If your level skyrocketed 3 or more levels then it means you haven't uninstalled previous versions of the mod and they overlapped each other and are now giving you two or more times the increases.

The reason I let you set the movement speed cap above 115 is because it doesn't break animations.

When you jump above 300 units in third person your character walks on air.

If you level really that fast it means that you have overlapped previous versions of the mod. :)

It takes me ages to level up to 70 or even 30.

At level 20 you should have to consume 2050(with the default) stamina to get a increase in stamina. And to be level 20 you should have somewhere around 500 stamina do you know how long it takes to do that? You're saying level 70 here.

You're saying you're 70; you should need to consume 7050 stamina to get a increase in stamina.

BESIDES THAT, you can edit in MCM the value to slow down the leveling progression by changing "Stamina to Exceed for Stamina" so don't hold me accountable for your inability to do so.

If your level skyrocketed 3 or more levels then it means you haven't uninstalled previous versions of the mod and they overlapped each other and are now giving you two or more times the increases.

The reason I let you set the movement speed cap above 115 is because it doesn't break animations.

When you jump above 300 units in third person your character walks on air.

Yeah, I had that impression by your first answer that you are one of those godcomplex guys who know everything better. The next sentences will hold no meaning to you, so you might as well stop reading it.

As I wrote in my 1st post, your mod has issues. It was the 1st time I tried this mod, on a clean new game. It completely broke the game because it has compatibility problems with other mods.

Now you can try to blame it on me, but in a version 1.7 the default settings should be playable. Again, I'm not saying that the default setting is not good, I'm saying that your mod has compatibility issues! But of course it is easier to assume that the other one is the stupid.

And finally, if your mod indeed has no compatibility issues, then it is the most unbalanced mod I ever saw. You are not supposed to expect players to set up the mod the first time when they see it, especially with a completely new game mechanics. You are also not supposed to expect players fix your mistakes with the balancing. You are supposed to give a mod which is playable as it is, without changing anything in the MCM.

There are no compatibility issues at the moment, but if you find any; please report them. 

That's what I actually said.

The default settings are playable, they are set by my taste, not yours, that's why you have the option to change them. Did you watch the video? :P

You also level fast (with the default settings) because there is no level limit, so you will eventually out level the entire game since mobs can't go above a certain level.

I have no idea how anyone is leveling that fast. On the other hand, my character isn't heavy combat. (high stamina usage)

As a mage character I enjoy building up my magic. Just have to remember to do some sprinting to raise levels and health.

I like the set up on this overall. I can make my own adjustments to alter leveling speed though I would like a bit of clarification. What factor is it that effects character level? Aside from that to say in a silly manner and my own opinion.

Ya dun good kid.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm I like the premise of this mod, is there an option to turn off jump height and movement speed changes altogether? I don't want it to stack or interfere with the values of the Athletics Training mod.

There is no option to disable them unless you are running Requiem and I'm not going to add a quickfix for a mod that was last updated 2 years ago.

hmmm I like the premise of this mod, is there an option to turn off jump height and movement speed changes altogether? I don't want it to stack or interfere with the values of the Athletics Training mod.

There is no option to disable them unless you are running Requiem and I'm not going to add a quickfix for a mod that was last updated 2 years ago.

I wasn't asking you to, made that post prior to trying the mod, although it is slightly odd that one can change the rate that you gain most of the other stats but not the rate for speed and jump height.

I may have found a minor compatibility issue with this mod and Sanguine Debauchery, whenever you surrender to an aggressor it treats you as always having a weapon equipped, even if you have literally no weapons in your inventory or equipped, and as a result there's an annoying console screen nearly every frame saying that my weapon has been unequipped(only to give me the same message over and over again). I turned off most of my mods except the mod requirements and bare necessities to test this out and started a new game and am consistently getting the issue only when alternative leveling is active.

One thing I noticed in my new game.  The carry weight does not change at all no matter what the setting.  I always have 50.  It did work correctly in prior versions though.  

There's an update to download in case you haven't noticed, it fixes that problem and another major problem.

I may have found a minor compatibility issue with this mod and Sanguine Debauchery, whenever you surrender to an aggressor it treats you as always having a weapon equipped, even if you have literally no weapons in your inventory or equipped, and as a result there's an annoying console screen nearly every frame saying that my weapon has been unequipped(only to give me the same message over and over again). I turned off most of my mods except the mod requirements and bare necessities to test this out and started a new game and am consistently getting the issue only when alternative leveling is active.

Not supporting SexLab, the issue is the RefresherScript, deleting it will fix the compatibility issue, but the mod won't work properly.

I 2nd lordhalmar's comment.

Really love the mod and the idea. 

Stamina won't raise unless you manually level up your stamina. 

Changing it through console does not work either.

Press ~

Type

Player.SetAv Stamina 500000

You can change your stamina through console.

Press ~

Type

Player.SetAv Stamina 500000

You can change your stamina through console.

Doing this does not increase the carry weight 

BECAUSE you haven't downloaded the UPDATE, isn't it a bit weird that there are TWO files? ;;)

• 1 month later...

Not sure how, starting from a clean save, but my skills other than crafting stopped leveling up no matter what, pressing the button set some skills over 200, some skills over 100, and left the others alone, while sending infinite messages for additional perk points. Magicka does not increase no matter how much I use it, and the messages all say 0 stamina and 0 magicka will be increased, although stamina increases normally.

• 2 weeks later...