Blockhead is back

junkacc

• 4 weeks later...

You know, I never really noticed what blockhead was doing for me, other than helping with OCO v2.

That's pretty much the only reason it exists at this point. I was trying to figure out at one point if you could use it to assign armor meshes by race, for races with hooves or talons, but that never got anywhere. It would be grand to be able to use vanilla armors properly with those races.

Just because you couldn't find any use of it other than for OCO, doesn't mean it isn't doing anything other than running OCO. Blockhead is the only way to manipulate racial assets and certain types of animations at runtime.

I want a cyborg race.

I made a conversion of the body parts from Fallout's Daughters of Ares mod, but I'm not sure if I can make it work as something

I'd like for it to work as a race, Thinking it probably could, given we now have Blockhead and that could use a body swap function for the clothing. But I'd also need some help getting the head to work and those lights too...

If not, It would have to be a body suit, and no blockhead =(

In either case I'd need permission to upload, but even before that, I need to know if it's even gonna work. If not, I'll just keep the conversion private and it will have to gather dust somewhere.

Yeah, the head doesn't work because of that. What I meant is, perhaps I (with some help, in that case "we") could figure out a way to make it work for Oblivion.

Custom heads have been made before right? It's pretty much like it... nif file is there, conversion is possible, only need to figure out a way to make animations and facial morphs work too, even better if they could be ported instead of remade. Somebody before has created custom head for Oblivion, why would such process be lost?

And lights, yes, some textures have animated lights. Noticed the body has 3 attached textures, a diffuse, a normal and a glow I think. diffuse looks standard black. I tried the thing as a bodysuit with no head. But it's meant to look glowing, like this:

53683-1-13843519801.png

The process is not lost, just no one bother making new one from scratch, or no one dares the sheer amount of work.

I don't know how sophiscated the fallout version is, but I'd first try sculpting head06 (cause it's the most high poly'd). That's probably the least tough way.

About glowing thingy.. You might want to try material animation. I can't promise it will also work with the skin shader, but it'll probably work, worth trying. Recently I've made some animated glowing eyeballs and can confirm it's working in game.

Actually the highest poly head is the Digital Girl Head (by a huge margin, the head is incomplete in terms of expressions tough), it even comes with a Blend file ready to export so that it's easier to sculpt/tweak it to your liking.

As for the suit, you can easily make it glow like in that picture (in the material set the emissive light to the blue tone you want, then in the glow map recolor all the parts that represent those lights to the same blue but really saturated and a bit brighter while keeping the rest of the glow map as it was; ENB will then take care of making it glow like in that screenshot), but, only as long as the material isn't named "Skin"/"skin" (glow maps do not work with this type material, annoying hard-coded stuff -.-).

That's too bad. Skin does not accept glow map? Then probably the lights must be separated from the main body.

By the way, if the glow map is colored then material color must be white. Otherwise you don't get the result exactly as you wanted. At least one of glow map and emissive color must be white.

By the way, if the glow map is colored then material color must be white. Otherwise you don't get the result exactly as you wanted. At least one of glow map and emissive color must be white.

Not necessarily, you can have both colored glow map and emissive color, as long as one of the RGB values of the emissive color is at 1.00 it will work, proof (unedited, just using a tweaked ATE ENB), those tattoos (separate mesh btw, glow maps don't work with the skin material) use both colored glow maps and emissive color.

Archived