Barbarian MilkDrinker Neck Seam Help!.

Huston we have a problem!.

I am using MilkDrinker alongside fairskin complexion and UNP and i am having some neck seam issues and i cannot for the life of me fix it!.

Any help from people with this sort of experience is immensely appreciated.

Here are some screenshots

Slight seam

post-730639-0-52256800-1430146787_thumb.jpg

Completely visible seam(gets way worse in areas with shadows)

post-730639-0-48893900-1430146868_thumb.jpg

Thank you in advance!.

Fair Skin Complexion is a full set of textures, you can only use either that or the milkdrinker textures.

Adorable Face is basically an add-on for FSC. So first re-install FSC.

Then try using only the femalehead.dds and femalehead.msn.dds from AF on top of FSC.

Fair Skin Complexion is a full set of textures, you can only use either that or the milkdrinker textures.

Adorable Face is basically an add-on for FSC. So first re-install FSC.

Then try using only the femalehead.dds and femalehead.msn.dds from AF on top of FSC.

Neck seam is still there when i turn off fair skin(using mod organizer)

Just was testing this again with a different ENB under various light conditions and skintones, tried really hard to find seams:

tu3KTo4.png

7j49uPO.png

qE0VOzG.png

qkAd3dm.png

SzRJgQn.png

Zh18pX1.png

I didn't even see any when i used a wrong headsize (import).

• Remove Milkdrinker Skin
  • Re-install Fair Skin Complexion (options: silky + subsurface maps OR subsurface fix)
  • Copy only femalehead.dds and femalehead_msn.dds from Adorable Face
_____

P.S.:

In your ENB settings (enblocal.ini), you can try to change this setting under [FIX]:

FixTintGamma=
I set this to TRUE and had a massive head/body mismatch. Reverted to FALSE and no seam at all like in the pictures above. Edited by guk

Yep the OP seems to have misunderstood my first reply ;)

You CAN NOT mix the milkdrinker skin with Adorable Face. Also not with Fair Skin Complexion.

I'm not using adorable face and i disabled fair skin as posted above :) effie is the one using adorable face.

I just downloaded all of them, and you probably use the file that only has the diffuse maps (femalehead/hands/body.dds).

You definitely should try to have some quality textures like FSC loaded before Milkdrinker then. UNP standard is absolutely not up to date, and TBH those milkdrinker skins look like quickly hacked together as well. Chances are that it's those textures causing the seam, but i haven't tested them in game.

edit: yeah sorry i was somehow combining your issue with effie's ;)

I just downloaded all of them, and you probably use the file that only has the diffuse maps (femalehead/hands/body.dds).

You definitely should try to have some quality textures like FSC loaded before Milkdrinker then. UNP standard is absolutely not up to date, and TBH those milkdrinker skins look like quickly hacked together as well.

edit: yeah sorry i was somehow combining your issue with effie's ;)

thanks i will give it a go and report back :P. And im using the high quality version of milkdrinker and here is my setup as of now 

http://gyazo.com/32ac588b0031fe2bd0fe85433ca30e94

I know i have a lot of textures XP

Okay i compared your mod resources - the UNP standard textures only have all the required textures for body + hands. So with the mega milkdrinker installed, you are simply missing the normal/specular/subsurface maps for the head.

Unless the UNP textures are 100% compatible with the vanilla head, there just has to be a big seam.

But seriously, use some real textures ;)

Okay i compared your mod resources - the UNP standard textures only have all the required textures for body + hands. So with the mega milkdrinker installed, you are simply missing the normal/specular/subsurface maps for the head.

Unless the UNP textures are 100% compatible with the vanilla head, there just has to be a big seam.

But seriously, use some real textures ;)

Oh thats not all my textures xD that's only 1/4 of what i have, but i really love milkdrinkers skin. Also where do i get those normal spec and sub maps from? i really want to make this skin work D:

Maybe try to load one of the full packs from the same page, like from the HV Skin Suite (also edits or re-uploads of original MilkDrinker & Barbarian)

I can't do that because those textures are different. I extracted the proper folders from the HV suite which was only the milkdrinker folder, the others are different textures. And some of them add stuff like veins and furr LMAO

This would be the correct file: Milkdrinker Skin-24318-1-03.7z

Load it before the MEGA Milkdrinker.

But these textures are not made for UNP Skinny, so the small breasts will look pretty poor. Anyways that's all the advice i can give, still suggesting to use a full set of real high quality textures like FSC.

This would be the correct file: Milkdrinker Skin-24318-1-03.7z

Load it before the MEGA Milkdrinker.

But these textures are not made for UNP Skinny, so the small breasts will look pretty poor. Anyways that's all the advice i can give, still suggesting to use a full set of real high quality textures like FSC.

Nah that's fine, thank you very much for the help your characters are awesome by the way ;) 

Just was testing this again with a different ENB under various light conditions and skintones, tried really hard to find seams:

tu3KTo4.png

7j49uPO.png

qE0VOzG.png

qkAd3dm.png

SzRJgQn.png

Zh18pX1.png

• Re-install Fair Skin Complexion (options: silky + subsurface maps OR subsurface fix)
_____

P.S.:

In your ENB settings (enblocal.ini), you can try to change this setting under [FIX]:

FixTintGamma=
I set this to TRUE and had a massive head/body mismatch. Reverted to FALSE and no seam at all like in the pictures above.

I already have that set to false and i sitll have a seam. It doesn't even matter which enb i use, it has been visible ever since i downloaded it :b Even after going into photoshop and matching the color perfectly, i still had this yellow ting on the neck as if it was the lightning that caused it. 

I use MO as well and i only have fair skin and adorable face there - i have checked sooo many times.

Hold on... UNP actually has face textures, under optional files "DIMface2"

Try to merge that into the UNP Skinny Body mod in MO

Alrighty i'll give it a go, i also used two different milkdrinker normals specs etc and they didn't do anything really except make my lips glossy :s

Edit just tried fair skin with elixir and it makes her look too plastic and way younger, it's not to my taste at all 

tu3KTo4.png

7j49uPO.png

qE0VOzG.png

qkAd3dm.png

SzRJgQn.png

Zh18pX1.png

_____

P.S.:

FixTintGamma=
I set this to TRUE and had a massive head/body mismatch. Reverted to FALSE and no seam at all like in the pictures above.

I already have that set to false and i sitll have a seam. It doesn't even matter which enb i use, it has been visible ever since i downloaded it :b Even after going into photoshop and matching the color perfectly, i still had this yellow ting on the neck as if it was the lightning that caused it. 

I use MO as well and i only have fair skin and adorable face there - i have checked sooo many times.

Hmm if it helps, i am using RCOTS in these pictures (never tested Adorable Face on the vanilla races) and i can't say for sure wether i have the RCOTS head or the AF head installed.

edit: ENB is Tranquility ENB

If you use the YGnord race from ECE, do not install the AF headmesh on top of that. For other custom races you probably have to install it, but then also have to correct the texture path in nifskope.

(1 NiTriShape -> 6 BSLightingShaderProperty -> 7 BSShaderTextureSet ---> in the bottom window are the texture paths)

Well as you can see in my pics, this is very-very seamless for me. The only "seams" i can detect with my ENBs are pretty much the same like with default FSC, but that's more of a resolution difference rather than mismatch of anything. True 100% seamless is never possible, the higher detailed the ENB and the closer you look, the more likely that you will see some kind of seam from certain angles.

Do you only use the diffuse and normalmaps from AF? Throwing in the subsurface and specular maps could certainly make it worse.

Edited by guk

Hmm if it helps, i am using RCOTS in these pictures (never tested Adorable Face on the vanilla races) and i can't say for sure wether i have the RCOTS head or the AF head installed.

edit: ENB is Tranquility ENB

If you use the YGnord race from ECE, do not install the AF headmesh on top of that. For other custom races you probably have to install it, but then also have to correct the texture path in nifskope.

(1 NiTriShape -> 6 BSLightingShaderProperty -> 7 BSShaderTextureSet ---> in the bottom window are the texture paths)

Well as you can see in my pics, this is very-very seamless for me. The only "seams" i can detect with my ENBs are pretty much the same like with default FSC, but that's more of a resolution difference rather than mismatch of anything. True 100% seamless is never possible, the higher detailed the ENB and the closer you look, the more likely that you will see some kind of seam from certain angles.

Do you only use the diffuse and normalmaps from AF? Throwing in the subsurface and specular maps could certainly make it worse.

Maybe the enb is the cause, since my enb's are usually high detailed with a lot of sharpness. Cause indeed i do usually also see the seam with fair skin alone ^^ So i guess i am just stuck with the inevitable xD