Elves of Azure (aka Longer Eared Elves) [DawnGuard Compatible]

this my judel elf char. jus want to show how pretty this race made by

AzureMouse.thanks to u!!!love it!!

n @ralph..thanks fo the help...

TESV2012-03-1811-58-36-58.jpg

nps :)

Really nice, may i ask what face and hair is that? Looks awesome.

The face included in the judel mod is the same in the ashen race which was made by someone else and the hair is from Vindictus that was ported by Billypnats I just edited them so you could change their colors

oh and your character looks awesome XD

--AzureMouse--

Just a quick heads up. I'm noticing that there's some deformation on the face when playing with the nose height on the race menu. I also noticed while moving the nose up and down it seems like part of the ears also get moved around.

This happened through the showracemenu on a character I already had. I'll restart the game fresh and see if this is happening on a new save or not.

Okay just added some quick fixes for all three races, I was mostly just tweaking with the ears and stuff and I repositioned the Rakiel female ears just a little bit (they were bugging me). The male versions of each race are still not done (mostly because 3ds max and niftools don't like me >.<)

Oh and I add better pictures of everything, I just got a photobucket account and was uploading like crazy...

The ears still bug me, because of the lighting effects (especially with the Rakiel ears), but I have no idea how to fix that and it's mostly a skyrim bug anyway... I think... it'd be great if someone fixed that or told me what I'm doing wrong...

Anywho might be more updates to fix bugs later this week, gonna have to take a little break so I can actually work on homework now -.-

--AzureMouse--

Thanks for the fix on the weird deformation when playing with the face! I think there's a few noses on the far right side of the slider that are still a little jacked up. It looks like they got smushed a bit.

Anyway I appreciate the fixes because it distorted the face a bit when you played with the nose height but your fix err....fixed it lol!

I look forward to seeing where else you take these mods!!

Yeah I think those noses are the orc ones lol. I enabled all the noes and mouths for my vanilla races..and just like you said far right slider is like...wtf. I had some CTD with your Drudel elf, so I guess I'll check the updates in case I missed one. As for the other two, they are coming along nicely :D

I look forward especially to when you have males for Rakiel and Drudel. Thanks again for all your hard work Azure.

http://i44.tinypic.com/4iymhz.jpg

Weird thing with Drudel race.

Long time lurker' date=' first time poster here ;)

The problem you see is with the textures, I had it myself.

To fix it, open up the [i']Drudel_Race_v1.2[/i] Folder somewhere on your computer, then go to textures then actors. Rename the characters folder to character (remove the s).

Proceed to copy the whole thing in to your data folder (essentially reinstalling it) and add in the patches and updates as normal ;)

Long time lurker' date=' first time poster here ;)

The problem you see is with the textures, I had it myself.

To fix it, open up the [i']Drudel_Race_v1.2[/i] Folder somewhere on your computer, then go to textures then actors. Rename the characters folder to character (remove the s).

Proceed to copy the whole thing in to your data folder (essentially reinstalling it) and add in the patches and updates as normal ;)

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Im trying to figure out what is causing this odd thing to happen to my Judel. She was fine, then this bump formed on her nose and sometimes her jawline gets weird. Im going to try and post some examples here. Hopefully somebody knows what to do. this has become my favorite race :(

Socokilzu I believe that was a bug in an earlier version. Make sure you're using the most updated version of the race mod as I think there was some bones that were messing up the face mesh. He has it fixed as far as I can tell in the current version.

Okay, I was thinking about the racial abilities and I decided that compared to the Rakiel and Drudel, the Judel abilities are kind of lacking. Sure they got an ability to go invisible (shadowmeld) but that seems too much like the Drudel racial shadowstep.

So I want to give them something more unique, like how the Rakiel can polymorph other, it has to be related to nature (because of their background), and is either useful or fun.

Any help on this would be much appreciated :D

oh and the ability will either replace the shadowmeld or quickness, depending on what everyone's opinion is. I would love to know what you prefer so please message me or post your request/idea here for the new ability (I check everyday).

Please and Thank you

--AzureMouse--

To Socokilzu: that issue has been fixed in one of the updates, it had something to do with the .nif file of the ears.

When I think of classic elves in fantasy and/or anime I somehow feel that either a sort of "quickness" skill that makes their run and dash speed 30-50%(for a small time of course)faster might be interesting. Not sure if it would be considered "unique" or "fun" like you're wanting though. The other thing that I think when discussing elves is usually being able to jump ridiculous distances. Kind of like in anime or comics when you see an elf jump from tree to tree without much problem. It might be pretty fun to have a ridiculous jump height when you're playing the elf.

I had two more ideas but even though they were simple in theory they would be a ridiculous headache to actually script so I'm not going to bother suggesting them. I'll try to come up with a few more.

Very nice. Thank you for this. I particularly like the Drudel, it's just what I was looking for.

Also, I apologize if it was already posted, but what armor is in the first Drudel picture under "pics of race," where it's in front of the Riften market? It's very nice looking.

To Ocultist: Thanks for the compliment :D and the armor used in the first Drudel sceenshot (under pics of race) is called shadow walker. I can't remember where I originally got it (probably somewhere on loverslab) but you can still get it from the ANK Castle mod in the adult downloads section of this site.

--AzureMouse--

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno... I think I would rather have a racial that turns you into a shadow with increased sneak than extra running. How about a wood elf-like ability that lets you summon a pet-follower? I would like that... just dont like the wood elf one since it doesnt last long.

Oh! One of my favourite shaman spells from warcrack was the ability to summon two ghost wolves. How about something like that? Summon a spirit wolf that attacks for 30-60 seconds. :D

:o!! I just noticed you updated a version for the Drow... NICE!! I have a request though: Could you please do a drudel version using the long ears from the Judel? Please!

Error: You goofed up on the file structure for the Drudel. All of the textures are in a "characters" folder instead of the "Character" folder.

Even More Errors: So I really like the Vindictus hairstyles, but trying to overwrite the vanilla hairstyles just super-imposed the vidictus over the vanilla. Just make the a regular hair addon. They look really nice.

The very end skin colour looks dark gray in chargen, but in-game shes chocolate. Oh and the shadowmstep skill is missing.

Edit #440904434 (lol): So.... I figured out how to switch the ears, but they stay lavender... lol guess I'll go play with the Judel for now. :)

I've repacked the Drudel race (sorry my fault) here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?o9jt74mgcv71qex

it should work, hopefully... and it includes all the necessary updates though not the vindictus hairs, the file was just too large.

As for amulets not showing up, most of the in game ones 'should' show up. I made these races to use the default armor types, but not all amulets are made for the default race. Especially the custom ones found on the nexus or other download sites. To fix that just edit the .esp of the custom amulets and change them so they show up on the default races. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll look into it (I might have messed something up, who knows).

To Fox maiden: the spirit wolf idea sounds cool :D I'll see if I can make that work, and I suppose I could make a version of the Drudel with Judel ears, shouldn't take too long. And as for the chargen, there are a lot of bugs with that, I did notice that some skin colors appear differently then change when you exit (when you exit they look like how they're supposed to). Also the abilities tend to disappear when you return to the showracemenu, dut if you switch to a different race and quickly switch back that doesn't happen. Not sure why or how to fix that problem unfortunately. Maybe someone will find the fix for that...

Hey, I had a bit of trouble once starting to use your race. Once I got it working I realized that default underwear stays on the new race. Is there a way to change this? If so, how?

Also screenshot of my character. I love the skin tone though for some reason the head tends to be a different tone than the body. I wish there were more face paint colors. D: I put something on since I dislike the vanilla underwear so much. Though I still haven't changed it.

ScreenShot5.png

BTW. Love the races. :> Can't wait for updates on the ears.

Zazemel I had a similar problem when I first installed. You should look up the "Ashen" race. It's the race that these elves are based on and both here and the nexus there's a slew of textures you can use that is compatible. Once you install a matching set of textures for the face and body you'll get rid of both the seam and the tone difference on your elf.

Basically install the Ashen textures into the Judel or whatever's texture folder.

I'm not having your problem with the default underwear so just make sure you have the body mod you like installed and the correct Ashen textures for that body installed as well.