Savegame cleaner?

wr1

So after not playing for a while, I started up my modded game of Skyrim again.  For some reason the performance of the game seems down.  The game seems choppier than before, noticeably so.

I wondered if there might be some runaway scripts in the background or something like that.  I've heard about a "savegame cleaner" that improves stability.  Would this be the right thing for me to do?

Make a back up of your saves and give it a try. It might be the issue. I ran into a similar problem and for the first time in history I had to start using a save cleaner. It has to do with Skyrim. It took a very long time for it to process all those random records out but once it was done it performed better however I didn't have as bad as a problem as you seem to have. Just some slow responses in crowded areas, dialogue taking longer to pop up etc. Actual game play (fights and other stuff ) seemed to work just fine.

Yep, back-up your save first, though some of them do auto-backup the save they are working on or rather re-name the cleaned save, also make sure before you do it your are in a small empty indoor location, normaly I would use breezehome as that seems to work for me.

And it may or may not improve your game speed stability as it could be something else making it do that.  But it probably won't hurt it.

I used the "Skyrim Save Tool" a few times and its saved some unplayable games, you do have to be careful with it because it can break mods that are working fine beforehand.  It automatically makes a backup unless you turn the feature off. Super useful.

Perhaps some links for the save game cleaners. I had reformatted my computer and not sure if I still have the old one I had before. Also never tried others, there might be some better ones out there. With the links some review? perhaps. It seems to be a needed tool for Skryirm so ti woudl be very useful.

There are some difference about them and how they work.

One cant reset your Havoc and the other can do that and other things.

I have used them together depending about what I want to do. About one year now. I love them.

Did manage to get one of my heavy bloated save to actually work again. But it was not easy. You need to know exactly what script to remove.

But as always DO one backup. And most important READ ABOUT HOW THEY WORK.

Is there an advised one? and why.. Curious aliens would like to know.. ok some humans might want to know as well. :P

Either one will work fine, I believe both have an automated option to remove non-permanent references from saves.  And both allow removal of scripts by name, I normally use the 1st one linked in the above post.  Personally try either one and use whichever one feels the most useful to you.

Archived