It is not supported by the author, but perhaps anyone has a suggestion why when my character pays with their body to the guard, the guard (and any nearby guards) is attacking them?

I thought it was a companion I have, who started attacking guards as soon as the scene starts, however, when I dismiss them, guards still attack.

Any suggestions on how to fix it or what conflict might cause it?

Conflict with another mod would be my guess.

First, how large is the bounty you're trying to pay off? Does it warrant an attack by itself?

Do you have any mods that modify the prison system, or have guards react to public sex?

It is not supported by the author, but perhaps anyone has a suggestion why when my character pays with their body to the guard, the guard (and any nearby guards) is attacking them?

I thought it was a companion I have, who started attacking guards as soon as the scene starts, however, when I dismiss them, guards still attack.

First, how large is the bounty you're trying to pay off? Does it warrant an attack by itself?

Do you have any mods that modify the prison system, or have guards react to public sex?

I think it was around a 1'000. It really isn't bugged up until the end of the scene, when the guards around become aggressive. As for other mods, I do have spectators crowd installed, however, morality guards are removed, since I feared it'll make conflicts with this mod.

I think it was around a 1'000. It really isn't bugged up until the end of the scene, when the guards around become aggressive. As for other mods, I do have spectators crowd installed, however, morality guards are removed, since I feared it'll make conflicts with this mod.

That sounds like a bug in the bounty clearing code, but unless someone had a similar problem I'd say its some conflict in your install.

I don't think it's an issue with my scripts clearing the bounty, they are modeled after the vanilla method and I tested this mod probably the most out of any of my mods.

I don't think I can solve the problem but questions I would look into is if a sex scene in any other scenario is causing this aggro?  Can you use another mod to initiate sex with someone in front of the guards and see what happens?  Maybe initiate with that same guard and see?  Perhaps some other mod is also impacting the flow of the arrest dialogue, and because you didn't choose its explicit path to resolution it considers my path to be the same as telling the guard you'd rather die or whatever?

If you are familiar with TES5Edit at all you could pull in your load order and see if anything in my mod is conflicting with another.

The guards attacking after a scene is over has happened to me a few times as well. It's always after I forget not to skip through a guard's dialog after choosing one of their options for dealing with the bounty. If you skip even one line after making your choice, as in not letting the guard speak and just bringing up the next option to end dialog faster, the bounty won't get cleared and you'll usually get attacked by guards and probably half the townspeople.

OK, I've checked everything out, it seems to conflict with Spectators Crowd. Even when Morality Guards are disabled, something in the scripts still sees this mod as an assault there and make the guards attack on sight, even with no bounty; and your followers attack the guard offender, seeing it as an assault on the PC.

I'm not that good with Skyrim scripting, so I can't really make a patch, but it seems that disabling Spectators Crowd helps most of the time.

OK, I've checked everything out, it seems to conflict with Spectators Crowd. Even when Morality Guards are disabled, something in the scripts still sees this mod as an assault there and make the guards attack on sight, even with no bounty; and your followers attack the guard offender, seeing it as an assault on the PC.

I'm not that good with Skyrim scripting, so I can't really make a patch, but it seems that disabling Spectators Crowd helps most of the time.

Hmm... Bear in mind I haven't looked at the guts of this mod for a long time, so I'm making educated guesses at best.

There are a number of encounters with the guards that are flagged as non-consensual (especially at high bounties).  And iirc there are options in Spectator Crowds that make rape illegal.  These might be interacting.

If that's not what it is, my next question would be if you get the same problem with any public sex or if it's only with guards.  If it's with anyone, then the morality guards option seems to be not working and might have nothing specifically to do with Sex Bounty.  If it's only guards, I'd start looking into the options in Spectator Crowds for what might only be triggered with the guards.  I don't remember all the options of Spectator Crowds so I can't really say.

Hmm... Bear in mind I haven't looked at the guts of this mod for a long time, so I'm making educated guesses at best.

There are a number of encounters with the guards that are flagged as non-consensual (especially at high bounties).  And iirc there are options in Spectator Crowds that make rape illegal.  These might be interacting.

If that's not what it is, my next question would be if you get the same problem with any public sex or if it's only with guards.  If it's with anyone, then the morality guards option seems to be not working and might have nothing specifically to do with Sex Bounty.  If it's only guards, I'd start looking into the options in Spectator Crowds for what might only be triggered with the guards.  I don't remember all the options of Spectator Crowds so I can't really say.

As I said, even when morality guards are off (a.k.a., rape is illegal and counts as an assault), and the option to get bounty for it is disabled, it conflicts with this mod somewhere, and counts as an assault.

It goes like this:

- somewhere in SC there's a script to see public sex as a crime (even if disabled);

- guards see you performing it, and give you bounty;

- guards try to engage in dialogue with you, but it automatically kicks you out of it which makes them aggressive towards the PC.

At the same time:

- somewhere in SC there's a script to see rape as an assault (even if disabled);

- guards see another guard "assaulting" a PC and attack him;

- your follower sees guard "assaulting" the PC and attacks him;

- guards see a follower attacking their faction and turn aggressive on him;

- follower assaults guards, gaining you bounty;

off: I think most times I got non-consensual, as I'm playing a very lawful character, and all the times I got bounty it was of a follower using AoE spells and accidentally killing a few guards in process of, idk, hunting a wolf; so the bounty is pretty high (I think, 1'000 per deceased person?)

And, yes, it's only with this guard mod + spectators crowd. Your mod works well with all the other mods, SC works well with all the other mods. I'm thinking these mods both touch the same behaviour pattern which creates the conflict above.

I don't think it's something to be tempered a lot with, I just can tell the two mods might conflict with each other, and perhaps it has to be noted to other users. Deleting spectators crowd or sex bounty works, but together they aught to make you a target for guard attacks.

Yielding, though, helps as it does in vanilla games, but, as we know, guards would not accept yielding before few minutes of aggression will pass. On higher levels if you have a follower it means that when a guard accepts yielding, you already have few thousand gold bounty again and the cycle continues until there are no guards left. Not counting possible NPC casualties, including quest NPCs or traders.

- guards try to engage in dialogue with you, but it automatically kicks you out of it which makes them aggressive towards the PC.

I think we've stumbled on a clue.  This makes a bit of sense, if the guard tries to talk to you but then the dialogue ends, leading to aggression.  The flow of the bounty conversation makes it so leaving the conversation before resolving the situation is the same as telling the guard you won't submit or pay.  That's why they are becoming hostile.

The open question then is why the conversation is ending automatically.  Without downloading both mods and doing a more in-depth investigation, my guess would be that 1) SC is hijacking the dialogue at some point or 2) SC has some type of scripting or AI package that is making the guard try to walk away, ending the conversation.

If it's 1, I'd think making sure my mod is lower in your load order would fix it.  If it's 2, they might just not be compatible in these cases (it would probably be possible for someone to make a patch to make them play nicely).

I hope this helps.

Edit: But I thought they were becoming hostile during or after a sex act triggered by my mod, which doesn't appear in line with what you describe.  If the sex act is being triggered, the bounty should be cleared already, so the aggression coming from the bounty dialogue wouldn't necessarily make sense.  I still suppose if that is what is happening, SC scripts causing the SB script to lag might be a culprit, but I'd imagine the SC scripts would have to be really poorly optimized for that to be the case (or running on a very slow machine).  I know how frustrating it can be when script lag causes mods not to work...

• 1 month later...

This is a cool mod, but does it conflict with TDF Prostitution or Radiant Prostitution? TDF has guard dialogue changes and so does RP, but since you didn't list them in the known conflicts I'm unsure as they are kinda different. 

It has been a while since I used this mod, but I think it modifies a different branch.  TDF and RP have dialog lines when you are comitting a crime. Usually even TDF's lines when you are caught in the act don't conflict, as it is handled internally.

If anything, this mod would conflict with Prison Overhaul or one of those more.

It has been a while since I used this mod, but I think it modifies a different branch.  TDF and RP have dialog lines when you are comitting a crime. Usually even TDF's lines when you are caught in the act don't conflict, as it is handled internally.

If anything, this mod would conflict with Prison Overhaul or one of those more.

That's wonderful, thanks.

IIRC, there was a conflict with Prison Overhaul but if you load this mod after, they work correctly.  The only bit that doesn't work well is bounty hunters, as Prison Overhaul creates an entirely new bounty hunter and bounty hunter dialogue instead of modifying the existing ones, meaning this mod will not appear for them at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...