How to place a house in CK?

I've seen 5 tutorials, but not one of them show the guy actually placing a custom house into the world in CK. How do I place my Duplicate house into the world? Dragging it from the Cell View window does nothing, there's no Copy option, and no Place in World option, and it shows up nowhere in the object window, no matter what I click.

I don't want to copy/paste an existing house from one place to another, I want to add my duplicate. How do I find it in the object window? Or is there another way to add it?

You have to click on and drag the exterior of the house you want from the list on the left side of the screen to the render window. It'll be under Static/Architecture. But like I said, it's only the exterior of the house.

If you have an interior made already, after you put doors on the exterior of the house, you click on them, there's a tab for teleporting (or some such, it's been a long time since I was in the Ck) then you simply link the doors to the appropriate doors of the interior.

I've seen 5 tutorials, but not one of them show the guy actually placing a custom house into the world in CK. How do I place my Duplicate house into the world? Dragging it from the Cell View window does nothing, there's no Copy option, and no Place in World option, and it shows up nowhere in the object window, no matter what I click.

I don't want to copy/paste an existing house from one place to another, I want to add my duplicate. How do I find it in the object window? Or is there another way to add it?

Greetings.

I'm not quiet sure if your "question" is a jole or not ... so all you need to know is there :

http://www.creationkit.com/Bethesda_Tutorial_Layout_Part_1

Just one important thing ; be carefull when you choose your place where you want to put your construction ... it's better to put it where there is " nothing "  ( ex : outside the border limit ) , avoid all the existing towns ... and take a look at the pathgrid first  .

You will need to edit the pathgrid to join the exterior door ( teleport" ) to the existing world or your " companion" would not be able to follow you " in " and  "out " ... and to avoid collisions , so you need to remove the pathgrid " under" your construction too ...

And don't forget to give a new ID in each pieces you what to use if you are intended to change something to these piece ( containers etc ...) or you 'll probably corrupt a lot of things if you miss to create your own ID ...

Cheers.

Actually no. I only saw parts 1 and 2. I never did this before, so I was dumb in not copying the actual house and pasting it where I wanted it, and then adding my interior to that. I was under the assumption dragging an interior would be same the same as dragging the whole house to the land. I thought they were "linked" (add one the other happens too). Nope.

Thanks everyone. Now that I know the house and what's in it are 2 entirely separate "areas". I'm still inexperienced with Skyrim modding. Never got into it because there were millions and millions of people modding it, so I figured the mod I'm making would have already been made. It's not. Absolutely amazing...

Actually no. I only saw parts 1 and 2. I never did this before, so I was dumb in not copying the actual house and pasting it where I wanted it, and then adding my interior to that. I was under the assumption dragging an interior would be same the same as dragging the whole house to the land. I thought they were "linked" (add one the other happens too). Nope.

Thanks everyone. Now that I know the house and what's in it are 2 entirely separate "areas". I'm still inexperienced with Skyrim modding. Never got into it because there were millions and millions of people modding it, so I figured the mod I'm making would have already been made. It's not. Absolutely amazing...

Greetings .

just one important thing to  avoid confict or to not corrupt some places : don't touch anything with your mouse in the Windows screen ... if you wnt to duplicate something ( ex : a simple entrrance door ) don't touch it ... duplicate it by clicking on its reference you can see in the " detail" block ( sorry i have no Skyrim on this machine , so no CK too , of course.

A lot off inexperimented " modders" do that kind of errors ... and if you're playing with an english version it's not easy to see you already corrupt some place ... because the name is still the same , but if like me you play with another Skyrim version ( mine is french ) each " corrupted" meshes ( so a door , a house, a place , a town etc ...) will now appear in english so i know that's something is " wrong/corrupted here " .

Be careful with this point.

If you move something, even if you replace that object excatly at the same place , it's already a " corrupted place/ room or more ".

So if you did it , quit the CK and reload it ...that's better to keep a mod " clean" .

there are so many corrupted mods in Skyrim that i never use a esp from anyone since a long time. too dangerous ! ... :°)

Cheers.

PS : i use only one " foreign " ( a mod made by someone else ) mod done from someone i cannot remember the name because i cannot find this mod anymore at the Nexus , and it is no more in my downloaded files list  too ... it's name was " Riverwood Temple" if i'm right ... very well done , especially by someone who never done anything with the Ck before , it' was his first mod ... This " temple " is just a duplicate temple fromthe one in  Whiterun ( Blanche Rive in french ) ... all was clean , except the entrance door because he moved the original one ( in Whiterun) when he duplicate it ... so the Whiterun temple is now corrupted to me ... i already have a mod there ( Summon Angels by TurboSnowy - 4  "incredible " angels with one wearing the incredible robe from YanYang ... or a name like this ... ) and by corrupting this place ( the temple ) , 2 spell books weren't no more there ... so try to avoid that kind of errors.

Archived