FPS drop on FP view and close distance view

The fps drop only seems to occur for me with ENB enabled but no amount of editing the enb settings has had any effect and furthermore, the same character with the same appearance was just fine when I created her earlier today with the enb running.

You are right that's not connected to enb . enb just eats your frames overall. Try looking down with enb OFF in first person you'll still have a problem with fps drop(( However looking down with  a bow drawn still has good fps no matter enb on or off. All we have to figure out is what  is it in drawing a bow that cancelles(immune to?) that fps drop in first person.

Nope, I'm sorry but what you are describing is incorrect for me. If I load a save before this bug occurred I can zoom in as close to my character or 'look down' as much as I want with ENB enabled and still get 50 fps. After the bug creeps into a save though the only way to mitigate it is to turn off textures, disable ENB with shift-f12 or swap the character race/gender, which only fixes it until the next time I change my view or change cells. Drawing a bow doesn't make a difference for me in either case. I can't see ENB being the problem since I can play fine with it until the save is effected, but at least for me ENB seems to exacerbate the problem once it has occurred.

I have made progress keeping it from showing up in a new save however. After trying everything else I did the smart thing and resorted my load order with LOOT and started a new character with the same face preset and all the same mods. I'm currently 6 hours in and haven't had the issue yet though I am watching for it. yatol is probably right about it being some mod conflict, though a thorough investigation of my load order before and after the sort didn't turn up anything that looks like a culprit to me.

If only it was that simple. I've cleaned all my mods and sorted with loot. Problem starts to show up after 1-2 hours into a character, but doesn't get really noticeable until 8-10. You can test by going into 1st person, then 3rd person, then do the player.sexchange dance. If your frame rate jumps,  the problem has already started.

I think i figured out why this problem starts. atleast for me, it starts to creep in as soon as you start modifying something in MCM, so i suggest  whatever you wanna do in MCM options do it as soon as you installed the mod(or better don't customize anything at all through MCM), then save , quit the game and reload( it helped me to prevent this problem, at least so far). I guess the problem is that old options from any mod in MCM that you customized still kinda litter your game and then you apply new ones and if you continue playing they just kinda mess with each other, although i can't say i'm 100 %  sure about this,but this helps me prevent the problem.

there's some npc that don't use bow when you fight them

when you switch to a bow it get rid of it? then the problem is with something only your char have

you should check those vampire mod some are talking about, or immersive first person view, or your buffs...

It's not when you switch it to bow it's when you draw it and hold it but not release the arrow and i'm not the only one who gets fps boost from this action so i don't think it has to do with only my character. The buffs though could have something to do with it maybe .

You are right that's not connected to enb...

... I can't see ENB being the problem since I can play fine with it until the save is effected, but at least for me ENB seems to exacerbate the problem once it has occurred.

... yatol is probably right about it being some mod conflict, though a thorough investigation of my load order before and after the sort didn't turn up anything that looks like a culprit to me.

i can chime in on this. im not a user of ENB and yet i've got this problem. i wish i could use ENB but the fps hits my game just enough to irritate me =P

and yeah, i made a new character too. im around 4 hours in game and everything seems fine. i sure do hope it stays that way though. and im using the same mods as i do on my old character. so most likely its some script conflict but who knows. i did however, made sure only one mod could mess with one bone at any given time. i have a feeling it could be clashing scripts trying to resize reshape the body or whatever, but again, who knows.

ok now it's getting REALLY weird. So i was playing for tens of hours(20-30) without this problem reappearing and everything was fine, no fps drops in FP or close up 3d person then i decided to change something in MCM (i believe i changed smth in a killmove mod and smth in another mod i don't remember) and textures on my character disappeared .  In first person i see light blueish monochrome "texture" in 3d person there's nothing at all! (sometimes only a bow textures) Textures reappear when you got poisoned or become ethereal for a duration of effect and then disappear again. Anyone help please)

So I've been playing around with this a little more over the last few days and I'm fairly certain, in my case at least, the culprit actually is Deadly Drain. It seems after sex sometimes DD doesn't 'deactivate' for lack of a better term and I can still hit the hotkey to drain 'something', even in an empty cell with no actors around. My only guess is that DD's scripts are somehow not clearing the actor references after some acts and the effect or something just keeps stacking up on the character. In my tests I actually made two new characters, had sex a couple of times and then spammed the DD hotkey on nothing until my frames dropped from 60 to about 16 while zoomed in on my character, staying that low even after the draining visual effects have worn off. I've been able to reliably reproduce this twice now in under ten minutes. Removing DD from my load order and playing regularly I've played a sexually active character for up to eight hours without symptoms showing up. Can anyone else check that out and confirm/deny that this is the problem? (Or related to it?) This would be a shame because I really like that mod.

Edit: If it's some sort of targeted magic effect stacking on the player that might also explain why it's contained in the save but not removable by script cleaning.

• 1 month later...

So I've been playing around with this a little more over the last few days and I'm fairly certain, in my case at least, the culprit actually is Deadly Drain. It seems after sex sometimes DD doesn't 'deactivate' for lack of a better term and I can still hit the hotkey to drain 'something', even in an empty cell with no actors around. My only guess is that DD's scripts are somehow not clearing the actor references after some acts and the effect or something just keeps stacking up on the character. In my tests I actually made two new characters, had sex a couple of times and then spammed the DD hotkey on nothing until my frames dropped from 60 to about 16 while zoomed in on my character, staying that low even after the draining visual effects have worn off. I've been able to reliably reproduce this twice now in under ten minutes. Removing DD from my load order and playing regularly I've played a sexually active character for up to eight hours without symptoms showing up. Can anyone else check that out and confirm/deny that this is the problem? (Or related to it?) This would be a shame because I really like that mod.

Edit: If it's some sort of targeted magic effect stacking on the player that might also explain why it's contained in the save but not removable by script cleaning.

Hi,

I have the same problem, after i spammed the deadly drain button it started to lag when i zoom in my character.. so i thought it was because of my 4k textures... so i reinstalled my textures and changed  it to 2k.. but it still lagged. I loaded an old save and it was gone. After reading your post here i remembered i just spammed that button to.. so im almost certain it is this mod sadly.

Thanks for your post i will delete this mod and hopefully it gets fixed.

The comments here are kinda all over the place...?

Uh so if you've been playing for a few hours or even like 10 hours.  When you turn your game off and restart and notice an FPS boost that has to do with the hardware not so much the game itself but the Ram and the Cache clearing.  The effect of your game is pretty much that it is more demanding than other games and its still a hardware thing...Pretty normal really.

Another separate but relevant issue is that when you have a whole lot of mods that use scripts that make call functions in like the 1 second range constantly well........Here goes, if those are present and we are likely talking about a game that is packed to the max here ok all the bells and whistles right,?

Well your game will suffer slow downs so when your hitting "consul key" to use showrace menu your basically pausing the script system and this does effect its behavior.  The same for when you save or load the game.  The script system will pause.  If you've ever taken your mods list right up to the edge you'll notice odd behavior such as scripted scenes not progressing until you use the ~ or ESC keys.

Basically this is entirely fixable, you just trim back your scripted mods, if you take out some of or all of the heavy hitters your going to notice a real obvious difference across the board with gameplay.