Why do animations start off center?

trepleen

I made a custom sexlab animation of player and npc kissing.

Here is the positioning I used in 3d studio max:

5lxrq1.jpg

However, in game the camera is always off centered.

20g1i78.jpg

anim.addpositionstage(a1, "slfc_kiss02_center_player_receiver", silent = true, openmouth = false)
anim.addpositionstage(a2, "slfc_kiss02_offset_npc_initiator", silent = true, openmouth = false)

I find that animations only line up on the heading you adjust them on in game or 180 degrees from it.

I set up on North so animations initiated while facing North or South align correctly.

This never was never an issue a while back BTW, so it has crept into the Sexlab build at some point.

The camera is unaffected by offsets in animations. It's always centered where the player "should" be and not where they actually are in the world animating, the root of the actor stays put, separate of their visuals animating. This is a Skyrim engine thing and not really something that can be fixed without hacking together a solution, which would very likely require a custom SKSE plugin to move the camera.

Archived