Idea - Degrees of Skimpy

cartoonsmut

Ain't it weird how NPCs never bat an eyelash when you walk past them wearing naught but silly string? In their mind, you're either naked, or in full plate mail. Would be cool if there was a mod which introduced a gray area for skimpy armors, as far as NPCs go.

Degrees:

Fully Covered: Almost all vanilla armors. No reaction.

Skin showing: Like, no sleeves, knees showing. What a scandal! Minimal reaction.

Somewhat revealing: Bare shoulders? Miniskirt? Yowza! Medium reaction.

Cleavage and/or Bare-ass: Mostly like Fully Covered, but the chest and/or butt as the revealing focal point. Medium/Strong reaction from NPCs (either derision or arousal).

Skimpy: Two previous degrees combined (C/BA + SR). NPCs start sweating profusely.

Now-you're-pushing-it: Seriously. NPC break point, might just have to grope ya.

You determine what category your current armor falls under in MCM.

Of course, it would need brand new dialogue. But it could be like a small framework-y mod which other mods could take advantage of (ie. Sexlab Aroused).

Whatever.

Ain't it weird how NPCs never bat an eyelash when you walk past them wearing naught but silly string? In their mind, you're either naked, or in full plate mail. Would be cool if there was a mod which introduced a gray area for skimpy armors, as far as NPCs go.

Degrees:

Fully Covered: Almost all vanilla armors. No reaction.

Skin showing: Like, no sleeves and knees showing. What a scandal! Minimal reaction.

Somewhat revealing: Bare shoulders? Miniskirt? Yowza! Medium reaction.

Cleavage and/or Bare-ass: Mostly like Fully Covered, but the chest and/or butt as the revealing focal point. Medium/Strong reaction from NPCs (either derision or arousal).

Skimpy: Two previous degrees combined (C/BA + SR). NPCs start sweating profusely.

Now-you're-pushing-it: Seriously. NPC break point, might just have to grope ya.

You determine what category your current armor falls under in MCM.

Of course, it would need brand new dialogue. But it could be like a small framework-y mod which other mods could take advantage of (ie. Sexlab Aroused).

Whatever.

Yeah that would be awesome I have to admit.

Only how skyrim is currently build there is no way to implement this.

All armors in skyrim are seen the same to the code, no matter how skimpy it is (heck even a nude body armor would be seen as an armor)

Only way to let it work would manually edit every single armor mod out there.

Don't get me wrong I really like the idea, but I won't see it happening in skyrim.

All armors in skyrim are seen the same to the code, no matter how skimpy it is (heck even a nude body armor would be seen as an armor)

I understand this. But I know that at least one Sexlab mod (Sexlab Aroused?) had the option of tagging your current armor as being nude (as far as the mod goes).

If all else fails, tho, the degree you choose could just be the default level of skimpy for ANY armor you wear. If you switch to a less revealing armor, for instance, you could just change the degree in MCM. Not a big loss, considering people have favorite armors which they wear 80% of the time.

Only way to let it work would manually edit every single armor mod out there.

Don't get me wrong I really like the idea, but I won't see it happening in skyrim.

Just need to give the player the option to tag armors themselves. Is not like we need ALL armors ever made, tagged by default.

I think Frostfall checks what slot is equip and assign a "warmth" value to vanilla clothing/armor piece, custom armor all share a "default" value regardless if they look skimpy or not. There might be ways for player to customize it, but yea you are left with customizing it yourself.

A simple degree of skimpy would work 1 to 5 or whatever all base on slot 32, while functional and usable, but I think that's not as interesting as it could be.

A more involve process would be to know what is being equip and not. Body, helmet, foot, hands, jewelry, and things get even more interesting (or complex :P ) if we have underwear, bra, stocking, armor/clothing that takes up unconventional slots like leg, arms, lower/upper body only.

Then we further sub divide them with keywords for each, but we also need a system of logic.

Say we have a revealing top but with a bra. We can also have a revealing bra but a standard top. The two should involve different reactions.

So we are sort of left with the conflict of checking what is there or what is missing.

To 3#: Frostfall can scan PC's clothes, why no way to implement this!?

Frostfall has the list of values pre-made. It just has a crapton of mods included because it's such a popular and well-made mod. Also, since it registers the value of each slot it seems to carry more complexity. For skimpy clothes technically you got to show three things tops, lol.

Archived