Where's my luck?

circ

I've trained Luck with several characters. One character for example started out with 60 luck - thief sign. Level 7, I think I've trained luck 7 times or 6 whatever, but my luck is still at 60. What's going on?

I've tried shrines, used potions of restore luck, potions of fortune. Nothing.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Luck

and

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Increasing_Attributes#Luck

There are no skills governed by Luck, so you can only raise it by a maximum of 1 each level. Given the wide variety of things affected by it, one strategy is to devote 1 point to it every time you level, regardless of what other attribute bonuses you get.

And I think I recall that Luck is bugged at or over 100, so keep it at or below 100.

Yeah I know what luck does and how it works. That's not the problem though. My issue is that how am I supposed to know my luck is at 100 or whatever, when my stat screen shows it at 60 all the time.

Greetings.

If you don't want to share some points you won in each level with the " Luck " stat , in the old mod " The Undercity " ( not Undercity , don't forget the " The ..." ) there are some " potions " made by the alchimist to increase different stat ( you can only buy one model at the time , so force +1 , luck +1 , etc ... but not two lucky potions ). 

And these ones are " stable " , you 'll not loose the points you gain by drinking these potions when you load your saved files.

Now these " lttle bottles" have a cost : 4000 or 5000 septims if i'm remember well .

For me it's not a problem because i made a Spell " Golden Saints summon " and i can took their inventory ( = weapons and armors in separated pieces ) and sell them for a good price where i want ... i use the TalkieToaster companion mos ( but not the last version ) to kkep / " share"  this inventory from any summoned creatures or NPCs .

Well i know , it's like a cheat ... but that's another story because i increase the prices of almost everythings in my game by 10 or more so ...

Now you can also use Console to get " some" moneys , but i don't like to do so .

Sorry i don't have the right link on this machine ( the mod yes but not all informations ...) so here what i know about it;

It's still at the Nexus , i saw it a few weeks ago , so use the Nexus Search function.

Name: The Undercity

Version: 1.0

Date: 30/11/2008

Category: Buildings

Author(s): Borjoyzee

Source: http://www.-------

The esp file is called ; TheUndercity.esp    ... and you need the Shivering Isles to get this mod work.

Cheers.

NB ; there is also a Dremora Female Merchant you can Summon everywhere in this mod ... you need to find the book to get this spell by yourself somewhere in one of the Shop ( at the upstair) ....

PS : i'm checking my  " Download History " to found that mod , because i'm afraid its name was changed to something else .... this mod mod " Free of Charge ( - modder resources ) so if it is not still there , i 'll share it here ....)

Alright. That doesn't really help though. My luck not showing properly, is that a bug or what? You touched on that with your - luck when loading a save line. Bit confused. This a bug or what. Google doesn't really tell anything.

Yeah I know what luck does and how it works. That's not the problem though. My issue is that how am I supposed to know my luck is at 100 or whatever, when my stat screen shows it at 60 all the time.

The only time you can raise Luck by 1 is during a level up, other than using items that raise luck or a MOD specifically targeting raising Luck.

You can of course use the console and raise luck to what ever you like.

There's a way to use showracemenu without screwing things up, as long as you're not actually switching races. It's a little tedious.

* Make a save before you start this, in case you screw up

* Open the racemenu, but DON'T CLOSE the ~ console. Keep it open the entire time while you're changing whatever you're changing.

* When you're done doing whatever, DON'T click the "Done" button (or if you do, cancel it). Use the ESC button to open the game's Pause menu, then type save yoursavesfilename, then reload it with load yoursavesfilename.

* The ~console has to be open the entire time. If you close it before reloading the save, your stats are probably screwed up.

Archived