Meshes, blobs. Help!

DrPompo

Long ago i had to format computer. i had a running oblivion with a few LPK mods 3 others: OOO, alternate start and travellers cloacks.

recently i tried reinstalling everything and got yellow blobs for missing textures/meshes everywhere. made a post about it, got some help, couldnt solve it though and gave up. now i really want to play oblivion.

i went back to scratch with my backup file, forgot about anything LPK and tried to get the other mods running. Found out that apparently its OOO thats causing the problem (by turning on and off different mods to see which one brings up the yellow blobs).

the thing is.. i remember when i first installed OOO that it prompted me with a lot of options to chose different plugins and their settings. after the formatting, everytime i install it it just installs without prompting me.. i dont know if this has any importance. (also, when i installed LPK a few months ago, i remember some files like the HGEC female body replacer prompted me too, but they didnt that time around)

yes i have tried with a completely new character save  everytime, but the problem persists. i really dont know what do do and it drives me nuts every time i try to mod. i realize this is not strictly an LPK problem/question but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!

ive tried archive invalidation as part of the LPK installation proccess but it didnt work back then.. i forgot about this today.. but will try again to see if it workls with the few 3 mods im installing right now..

its still weird that i dont get prompted about the plugins, do you know what may cause that? is it possible that some settings are remembered by my stea mcloud after i re-installed it?

Have you installed your game in C:\program files...  the default install path ? Then it can be that the archive Invalidation does not work.

Check your Oblivion ini if the archive Invalidation entry exists.

Read my yellow Link below :

Do not install Oblivion in the folder specified by the game Installation program ( C:\ program files .....),

and further down archive invalidate:

Oblivion Modmanager and WryeBash  archive invalidate ini entries are shown.

Have you installed your game in C:\program files...  the default install path ? Then it can be that the archive Invalidation does not work.

Check your Oblivion ini if the archive Invalidation entry exists.

Read my yellow Link below :

Do not install Oblivion in the folder specified by the game Installation program ( C:\ program files .....),

and further down archive invalidate:

Oblivion Modmanager and WryeBash  archive invalidate ini entries are shown.

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

i guess this is it? thats what i found in the ini

No No NO

With Oblivion Mod Manager you have this

sArchiveList=..\obmm\BSARedirection.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

With WryeBash you have

sArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Open the Oblivion ini and use the Windows search Funktion, search sArchiveList

All in my yellow Link !!!

Have you watched this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15185-xeo-sp/page-4?do=findComment&comment=496940 ( how you do it with Oblivion Mod Manager. )

And if you have your game installed in C:\ program files..... the OblivionModmanager or WryeBatch can have Problems to add the entry in the ini. Windows does not allow changes.

Mod does not work = load order Problem

Missing meshes and textures = archive Invalidation

You can try the WryeBash archive Invalidation  without WryeBash.

Copy the BSARedirection.bsa ( Oblivion\obmm Folder ) in your Oblivion\data Folder and rename it to ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa

Then open the Oblivion ini ( not the ini in the Oblivion game Folder ! the ini in My documents\my games\Oblivion )

search the sArchiveList  line and change it, must look like

sArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

I use it in my current Installation , I have have not clicked the ModManager archive Invalidation button and I don't have WryeBash. Works fine.

damn, now the body replacers wont work... it says the CRCs dont match and the HGEC overrwrites roberts, and then noMaam overrites HGEC... im giving up,  it has fair enough before, but now its a nightmare... its the same game, what changed? why is it so problematic now.

did you look at your load order ???

i wood wipe every thing  of oblivion in my pc  and reinstall it again clean and new  .

After testing that it works perfectly  i would start installing some mods following instructions with noticing what are the requierements than testing again.     (need to check load order each time and reorder it if necessary as oblivion never puts them in the correct order.  an exemple of load order in " read before posting " thread or use BOSS. )

Archived