SexOut TTW Essentials

dewguru

What can I find here:

Right now it's nothing more than a heads-up, Work In Progress placeholder.

What is SexOut TTW Essentials:

I recently put together a fresh installation of the Fallout Tale of Two Wastelands project. One challenge in running TTW is living with the mod count limitations of Fallout. I've already made myself a TTW Essentials plugin that has things like increased level cap, a perk every level, extra perks/traits, handling custom races for the Fallout 3 ending, making companion armor playable, and adjusting the 3rd person camera angle to a more centered, over head view. Those things were in five + plugins before I made my own single plugin.

Now I'm working on something similar in terms of SexOut functionality. This isn't a merged file. I'm creating it via the GECK, and although some functionality may be seen in other SexOut mods, in most cases it'll be a complete re-work.

Also, I'll admit that I'm being selfish in creating content that I'm interested in seeing or that simply struck me as something worth adding. So while recommendations are welcome, I'm not a wizard like Prideslayer or Doc and I just want you to know up front that I'll likely not do it if it a ) seems like more work than I'm willing to invest, or b ) not something that I'd likely use in my play through.

This is what I view as essentials for my playing enjoyment and I fully understand that it may not be for you. I am only sharing it in case there are indeed others who would enjoy it. I am not sharing it with the need or intention to make it something for everyone.

What is required:

Tale of Two Wastelands (TTW): http://taleoftwowastelands.com/

SexOutNG: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/548-sexoutng/

SexOut Common Resources (SCR): http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/33-sexout-common-resources-stable-version-scr/

What it currently includes:

• New GOAT dialog with Mr. Brotch.

What is planned:

• More than I'll probably ever admittedly get to.
  • Teacher's Pet Perk that can be earned from Mr. Brotch
  • Bad Karma option when Amata is being harassed by the Tunnel Snakes
  • Bringing the "Dreaming about you" dialog when Amata wakes you up into a reality
  • Incorporate play from SexOut TTW Encounters (permission received from Brocules to take his work and expand on it)
  • Incorporate play similar to SexOut Drug Dealers that covers both the DC Wasteland and New Vegas
  • Incorporate play similar to SexOut Resolutions and SexOut Consequences (to me these along with Encounters all sort of fit together as one - which is the aim of this mod, to have one instead of three or more)
  • Maybe something similar to Fallout TTW QuestOverhaul (there are parts of this mod I really like, and others that I just wish were done differently)
  • Fade to Black

When will the first plugin version come out:

I'm not going to throw a date out there because life happens and I see too many dates come and go when people mention them. All that I can say is when I feel like I'm able to share a plugin that I feel contributes, then I'll share it.

I also fully expect to run into obstacles, so my plans will definitely change accordingly.

If there's stuff you'd want to do differently than the Overhaul mod, I'd suggest sticking that in a different plugin - that way no one would have to choose it over what you're doing.

That's one of the obvious challenges. This effort is solely for myself. Meaning that if I decide that I could do something else with the slot presently filled by Overhaul, then I'll probably incorporate the aspects of it I enjoy into mine.

On the plus side, the Overhaul mod is pretty far down on the list of what I'm considering, so there is a good chance I either won't have a need to make my own flavor of it, or I'll have moved onto another game.

Then again, worst case scenario, I'm not going to purposefully conflict with another mod. Presently, how I've been planning things out, one could run Overhaul and mine and simply have multiple options on how to address something, choosing either the Overhaul flavor or mine at a certain topic point.

As I'm certain you can imagine (since I've enjoyed some of your mods in the past), is that once you begin, the hard part is trying to keep on top of all the ideas. I just finished a small test session and I've thought of three different things I'd like to do in the small 30 minute window.

Archived