how do i place esp files in my plugins in nexus mod manager?

alienwarfighter

so i downloaded a couple of mods from loverslab and some i guess requires you to place esp files on the plugins and i have no idea how to do that? theres 3 mods that came with a sepreat download that had esp and they are

Immersive Arousal.esp

LoversVictim_DogsnHorses.esp

Radiant-SchlongsPatch.esp

so how do i place 3 of those on the plugins?

You have to place them in your skyrim folder with the rest of your .esp's and then start the mod manager that you are using and then tick the .esp's if there are already versions of them in your skyrim folder then those will get overwritten.

and what would happen if i dont do them? will i still be able to use the mods?

You have to place them in your skyrim folder with the rest of your .esp's and then start the mod manager that you are using and then tick the .esp's if there are already versions of them in your skyrim folder then those will get overwritten.

btw so do i place them on my main skyrim file? cause i tried that and it didnt pop up on the NMM?

You need to import the mods into NMM. At the top of the left hand column of icons there is an icon with a green plus sign (if you mouse over it it says "Add mod from file".

Click on that file and it will bring up a box where you can navigate to where you saved your mods. Choose the mod you want to install and it will be imported into NMM. After that you will need to activate it (as you do for any nexus mod).

If you look in your skyrim data folder you will see where the rest of the .esp/.esm's are that is where they need to be placed. Placed .esp/esm's do not appear in the mods list they appear in the plugins tab they should be like the last ones in the list.

I'm guessing  Immersive Arousal.esp LoversVictim_DogsnHorses.esp Radiant-SchlongsPatch.esp are all patches I would read the page for them to see if you need them as some patches are probably for if you have that mod installed like Radiant-SchlongsPatch.esp I'm guessing is a patch for radiant prostitution.

If you look in your skyrim data folder you will see where the rest of the .esp/.esm's are that is where they need to be placed. Placed .esp/esm's do not appear in the mods list they appear in the plugins tab they should be like the last ones in the list.

I'm guessing  Immersive Arousal.esp LoversVictim_DogsnHorses.esp Radiant-SchlongsPatch.esp are all patches I would read the page for them to see if you need them as some patches are probably for if you have that mod installed like Radiant-SchlongsPatch.esp I'm guessing is a patch for radiant prostitution.

What you are suggesting is a manual install into /data. NMM keeps mods in a folder which it references to maintain the list of installed mods and which are active/inactive, therefore the mods need to be imported first.

What you are suggesting would work but the OP is asking specifically about NMM

Well to find the folder path to where you have NMM storing the mods at you can load up NMM and then click folder at the top and select open NMM's mod folder this will open the folder that has all your mods at then you can drag and drop the rar's into the folder then click the change game mode tab in NMM and select skyrim again and it will refresh and after that the rars should be in listed for install in NMM that is if the rar is set up correctly. Look at the folder path for where NMM has your mods stored at so anytime you need to add a mod manually all you will have to do is go to that folder and drop them in and then load up NMM. If it is just a .esp then you just have to make a rar for it and name it.

Well to find the folder path to where you have NMM storing the mods at you can load up NMM and then click folder at the top and select open NMM's mod folder this will open the folder that has all your mods at then you can drag and drop the rar's into the folder then click the change game mode tab in NMM and select skyrim again and it will refresh and after that the rars should be in listed for install in NMM that is if the rar is set up correctly. Look at the folder path for where NMM has your mods stored at so anytime you need to add a mod manually all you will have to do is go to that folder and drop them in and then load up NMM. If it is just a .esp then you just have to make a rar for it and name it.

Why overcomplicate the process when there's absolutely no need to.

There's a perfectly good import routine already in NMM as I mentioned a few posts up, it's the top icon on the left column.

I stopped updating NMM a long time ago when they kept adding more bells and whistles to it then it needed and kept breaking shit every time they did a update to cram more crap into it. So there is no import routine in mine and there never will be. I can't see the way I do it as over complicated. 

I stopped updating NMM a long time ago when they kept adding more bells and whistles to it then it needed and kept breaking shit every time they did a update to cram more crap into it. So there is no import routine in mine and there never will be. I can't see the way I do it as over complicated. 

Ah, that explains things, I was wondering why you hadn't mentioned the import.

It's not overcomplicated to you but to someone new to NMM who would not be using an extremely old copy without an import routine it would be an unnecessary complication I would say. We both know how NMM works but a newbie wouldn't.

I agree with you on some of the fluff they've added, though it's never once broken anything and I use it for a lot of testing as well. The latest version 53.2 seems to run slower now they've put that crappy activation queue in but aside from that it's not given me any problems.

Archived