View File

Here is my first set of tattoos for the excellent mod, SlaveTats by murfk, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/619-slavetats/. These are "lore" tattoos in a very loose sense, meaning that they were created using Skyrim phrases as inspiration. There are five tattoos included and three alternates.

- Blade and Shadow, Silence and Death (+1 alternate)

- Glory Awaits Those Who Triumph

- May Your Road Lead You to Warm Sands

- Victory or Sovngarde (+1 alternate)

- Walk Always in the Light (+1 alternate)

As you can tell by looking at the images they deform a bit when applied because the texture is being wrapped around the model. Still fighting paint.net and gimp to compensate, right now this is as close as I can get but I think it's good enough to share.

I tested the tattoos mostly on UNPB and a bit on SevenBase. Haven't tried CBBE or any others so your mileage may vary.

Only "May Your Road Lead You to Warm Sands" uses the color adjuster in the SlaveTats MCM, the others are custom painted and I'm not sure what would happen if you changed the color. Maybe nothing.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Added ten tattoos, one from each jail in Skyrim/Solstheim. There are six for the body, two for the hands and two for the face. Which means you can get thrown into every slammer and have a memento to remember your time there. Now the good citizens of the realm will know to steer clear of you.

A small update to the Jail tattoos. I added a progressive marker along the outer thigh. Essentially you change the tattoo after every turn in prison to the next higher, 1-10. The idea is that this only takes one slavetat spot but also records the number of times you've been incarcerated.

And if you no longer are admiring your less than savory tattoos from the Skyrim Penal system, just download Remove Your Tats by jfraser, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1664-remove-your-tats/ and for a mere 1000 gold have all your sins wiped away.

I should add that these tattoos must be applied by the user through the MCM. I haven't tried and not sure how to have the game apply them as you get incarcerated.

The third tattoo pack, Skyrim insults. I picked up a few of the more notable insults the citizens of Skyrim use and added them to a tat pack. Looking for suggestions for this category (and others if you wish).

- Mangy Piece of Pit Bait

- Greyskin

- Lying Little Harlot

- Filthy Horker

- Milkdrinker

- Snowback

These are designed as scrawls, something someone would apply (to your character) quickly without much thought for being neat about it.

Please share any photos you may have in the support topic section. Curious to see the tattoos with different lighting/skin mods. Especially curious to see how they fit on CBBE as I don't use that body type.

Designed and tested with installation using Nexus Mod Manager.

Enjoy. Or not.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/26/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    Slavetats and all of it's requirements.
  • Special Edition Compatible

Hope it works out for you, CC.  The "Walk Always in the Light" tattoo gave me the most grief.  I've kept the mod off LL for over a week because I could not get it to place properly without weird deformations.  I know it's still not right, I have to think of a better solution.

Good sir, what is that wonderful piece of clothing you have, and is it bodyslide compatible?

Are you talking about this one?

attachicon.gifmonthly_01_2015-8ddb3d6086d0b93e9fcb4713578f804f-blade.jpg

It's one of Newmillers old items, since taken down, and I don't know if it's posted elsewhere.

You can still find it in this mod.

That's a good version that CC linked.  It let's you add the armor to the leveled lists so all female vampires wear it.  It also varies in color according to the vampire's level.

Please do tell what the rags in the latest pic are. Nd is it for cbbe?

Here you go!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28233/?

and this,

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28056/?

and finally, there is this, which I like because it changes the color from a funny and glaring white,

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37724/?

Hope that helps.

CC, you beat me to the punch.  Yours posted while I was chasing down the links.

• 2 months later...

Hello, first of all, great mod. I am really loving JailTats... really adds the flavor.

However... (not that I'm criticizing your choice of tattoo location or anything) I would like to edit/change some of the tattoos' location to suit my selection of clothing little better, for my personal use. Will it be ok for you to me edit your creation?

And also, if above is fine with you, could you help me find straight/flat version of grid? outline? that's surrounding "Castle Dour Dungeon" text? I think I could edit other tattoos without much problem, but for that one I'll need you help, on finding original version or something.

Thank you for your time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi megusta, sorry for the delay in replying, I've been traveling.  Of course, feel free to edit whatever you like.  Post some screen shots here, I would like to see what you do.  I'm not sure I understand the Castle Dour Dungeon grid, maybe you mean the frame around the text???  I created it in Illustrator, part of the problem could be that I had to warp some of the artwork so it appears proportional when applied.  I'll attach the original tif file here.

Solitude.7z

Hope this helps.

• 4 years later...