Odd "Unequip" issue during Sexlab Scenes.

Hi, I've run in to a rather strange problem here, that is probably slot related. I have an item that uses slot 39 (The "Shield" slot). This item works fine, renders as expected, etc. 

However, immediately upon entering a sex scene, the item is hidden (As in, no longer rendered). The item is still equipped on the character through-out the entire scene (This can be seen through "WornHasKeyword", as well as the item still being visible as "WORN" under "ShowInventory". The item has the SexLabNoStrip keyword on it. As soon as the scene ends, the item becomes visible once more. 

Any ideas? I'm rather perplexed. Is this just a non-utilizable slot for Sexlab scenes?

[01/21/2015 - 06:44:43AM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: Found Animations(2): Bleagh Female Masturbation, AP Female Masturbation, 
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:43AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Thread[0]: Entering Making State
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:43AM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(test) -- TRUE -- Cache MISS
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:43AM] SEXLAB - [sslActorAlias <alias ActorAlias004 on quest SexLabThread00 (02061EEF)>]: Slotted 'test'
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:44AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Adjustment Profile: APFemaleSolo.NordRaceF
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:45AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEventDone: prepare Timer: -28.968002
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:45AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: AnimationStart
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:45AM] [Zad]: OnAnimationStart()
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:45AM] [Zad]: Filtering disabled for debugging. Done.
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:45AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEventDone: Sync Timer: -9.771004
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:45AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] animating: Stage: 1
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:45AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageStart
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:46AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (060177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[01/21/2015 - 06:44:49AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (060177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:02AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageEnd
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEventDone: Sync Timer: -9.721001
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] animating: Stage: 2
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageStart
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageEnd
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEventDone: Sync Timer: -9.771004
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] animating: Stage: 3
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageStart
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageEnd
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:03AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (060177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEventDone: Sync Timer: -9.754997
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] animating: Stage: 4
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageStart
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageEnd
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEventDone: Sync Timer: -9.754997
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] animating: Stage: 5
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageStart
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: StageEnd
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:04AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEventDone: Sync Timer: -9.721001
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:05AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] animating: Stage: 6
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:05AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: OrgasmStart
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:05AM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:05AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: OrgasmEnd
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:05AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: AnimationEnding
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:05AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (08083137)>]: test had orgasm date updated
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:05AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (08083137)>]: test got -8 exposure for having orgasm
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:05AM] SEXLAB - test: -- Resetting! -- 
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:06AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (060177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:06AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEventDone: Reset Timer: -44.147995
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:06AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] AliasEvent: Reset
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:07AM] [Zad]: UpdateControls()
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:07AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook: AnimationEnd
[01/21/2015 - 06:45:07AM] [Zad]: OnAnimationEnd()

IS the item equipped going into the scene or is it equipped by a SexLab hook during animation? Are you using TFC during the scene? Do you have nude suits enabled in SexLab's MCM? Is the character a female and maybe equipping a strapon that is overriding the equipped item?

IS the item equipped going into the scene or is it equipped by a SexLab hook during animation? Are you using TFC during the scene? Do you have nude suits enabled in SexLab's MCM? Is the character a female and maybe equipping a strapon that is overriding the equipped item?

The character is a vanilla nord female.

The item is equipped prior to the sexlab scene.

I am not using TFC during the scene.

Nude suits are not enabled.

I am testing with a solo (1 person actor) scene. Bleagh's female masturbation (I tested before with a 1-person custom scene, before disabling filtering to narrow down causes).

I have reproduced the issue with vanilla Sexlab settings, on multiple fresh characters.

I am testing with a solo (1 person actor) scene. Bleagh's female masturbation (I tested before with a 1-person custom scene, before disabling filtering to narrow down causes).

I have reproduced the issue with vanilla Sexlab settings, on multiple fresh characters.

Those are the only things that immediately stick out to me as possible starting points for investigating, if it's indeed SexLab related. By the sounds of it, my immediate guess would be the item is missing some setting, either in the Armor or ArmorAddon objects, something that it's its missing or doing to make it not play nice with SexLab's method of locking actor movement.

Have you tried testing it with an NPC instead of the player? That might indicate it has something to do with the player specific movement locking.

Those are the only things that immediately stick out to me as possible starting points for investigating, if it's indeed SexLab related. By the sounds of it, my immediate guess would be the item is missing some setting, either in the Armor or ArmorAddon objects, something that it's its missing or doing to make it not play nice with SexLab's method of locking actor movement.

Have you tried testing it with an NPC instead of the player? That might indicate it has something to do with the player specific movement locking.

I had not tried testing with an NPC, though I have done so now. Same result. The item ceases to render immediately upon the scene starting.

EDIT: Interesting. Upon hitting 'O' to switch animations, the item briefly flickers visible, before vanishing again. Still equipped, just not rendered.

I had not tried testing with an NPC, though I have done so now. Same result. The item ceases to render immediately upon the scene starting.

Could you send me the esp/esm file? I could take a look at the item in tes5edit or ck and see if anything about it sticks out at me.

Otherwise the only thing I could really think to suggest is disable the different parts of SexLab's movement/positioning code (all inside sslActorAlias.psc) until you find which, if any, are causing it.

Could you send me the esp/esm file? I could take a look at the item in tes5edit or ck and see if anything about it sticks out at me.

Otherwise the only thing I could really think to suggest is disable the different parts of SexLab's movement/positioning code (all inside sslActorAlias.psc) until you find which, if any, are causing it.

See my edit in the post prior to yours.

Also, I just verified that a second item (An armbinder, which was recently migrated to slot 39) is now suffering from the same problem. All items that are not on slot 39 (The Shield Slot) are working as expected. So, the problem is clearly slot related.

https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDa/blob/Development/00%20Core/Devious%20Devices%20-%20Assets.esm?raw=true(Dependency)

https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDi/blob/Development/Devious%20Devices%20-%20Integration.esm?raw=true(The item in question is updated in this file, ID xx026691, editor ID "zad_yoke_ScriptInstance").

I'll start debugging sslActorAlias, looking for leads. 

Okay, I've narrowed down the cause of the problem to the "ActorRef.SetVehicle(MarkerRef)" calls. Guess those don't play nicely with slot 39. Any ideas for working around this, aside from "Don't use slot 39" (Which is looking more and more like the solution here)?

Okay, I've narrowed down the cause of the problem to the "ActorRef.SetVehicle(MarkerRef)" calls. Guess those don't play nicely with slot 39. Any ideas for working around this, aside from "Don't use slot 39" (Which is looking more and more like the solution here)?

If a different solution for keeping an actor on a level plane ignoring collisions can be found, I can update future versions of SexLab to use it instead of relying on SetVehicle(), which is also the cause of the scaling bug some people complain about with spiders or certain other races. I've been hoping for an SKSE plugin solution to toggle specific actors collisions as a work around, but haven't had much luck. 

If a different solution for keeping an actor on a level plane ignoring collisions can be found, I can update future versions of SexLab to use it instead of relying on SetVehicle(), which is also the cause of the scaling bug some people complain about with spiders or certain other races. I've been hoping for an SKSE plugin solution to toggle specific actors collisions as a work around, but haven't had much luck. 

Okay, guess I'm stuck for now then. Thanks for the help figuring this one out. 

As one last suggestion, if you call QueueNiNodeUpdate() on the actor after the animation starts and the slot 39 item disappears, does that help any?

As one last suggestion, if you call QueueNiNodeUpdate() on the actor after the animation starts and the slot 39 item disappears, does that help any?

That did not have an impact, sadly. 

That did not have an impact, sadly. 

Hm, it may be the way the furniture marker used for MarkerRef is setup, I'll experiment later with some different items to use as the marker.

Archived