Good way via scripting to differentiate body types?

Fredas

Turns out there are good reasons, related to body geometry, why one might want to know which kind of body a given actor is using.  (UNP CBBE Manga etc.)  I'm sure it can be done.  But digging into the matter myself always takes a while when I barely know where to begin.  Probably someone has a good idea how to go about it.  Would probably need to be done in a fashion which does not rely upon standard folder structures, since for example self-contained followers tend to include the files they need for their given body.

Not sure if i understand the question - you want a mod that can recognize the exact body replacer on its own?

Most likely impossible, because the meshes always have the same names femalebody_1.nif etc.

Otherwise you may want to check out Bodytypes of Skyrim. There's an armor changer in the works as well.

This allows to control the body replacer, textures, specular maps etc for everything from single NPCs to whole races via script.

All major bodies are included, and you can install quite a lot of custom bodies on top of it.

So you maybe can't tell which body follower X is using, but you can give him the body you want.

I was hoping there would be some means, taking advantage of the factual differences between the bodies.  I still think it can be done, but only after some (probably easily-implemented) functions are added to a certain mod.  Definitely beyond my own abilities.

SKSE plugin that reads the body nif and compares its checksum to all known body types?

Without question, that would be ideal.

But barring that, it doesn't need to be quite so involved.  The ability to check nif filesize or Num Vertices would cover most of the bases, and be future-proof to a certain extent.

Archived