modding mods and crashing to desktop

spadgas

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I guess it's some sort of technical support. I use 'Better Followers' mod which is rather nice, as it gives some of your followers their own armour and some appearance changes which seem nice to me.

However, the lady who tends the shrine of Azura has been given a special dagger which you cant remove. This means she wears it all the time. Even in bed.

So I braved TES5EDIT, loaded the esp and found the weapon, and it is marked as 'can't drop, non playable'. I switched those off and saved the changes.

Now with that change, if I load a save game directly it crashes to desktop extremely quickly. However if I load a save from the start of the game (it's a very old save, right from before I selected my appearance! I have to wait several minutes for all the mods to initialise if I do that), then I can load a save up and transfer the weapon around as normal. And save. But I still get crashes to desktop if I load.

The papyrus logs don't seem to say much helpful. Bit that i can interpret them very well, but I don't see anything different to a papyrus log from when I've exited normally.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening and how I can load up without going through the two step process?

Happy Christmas and hugs

Not without a load order we can't as we have no clue what you have installed into your game other then to ask if you have done the basics. Like have you run LOOT? Have you run TES5EDIT to see if there are any errors in your load order? Have you cleaned your dirty DLC's and mods with TES5EDIT?

Not without a load order we can't as we have no clue what you have installed into your game other then to ask if you have done the basics. Like have you run LOOT? Have you run TES5EDIT to see if there are any errors in your load order? Have you cleaned your dirty DLC's and mods with TES5EDIT?

i use mod organiser and loot. and in so far as i'm able to understand it i've run tes5edit to clean mods that have been identified by loot as having problems. beyond that i'm rather at a loss. but this appears to be a unique item oto this mod, so i'm not sure how changing it could have that sort of effect

Load order is attached. i hope

loadorder.txt

easy way is to open skyrims construction set when its open click to load data but DONT load just look at the list on the right if it says UNKNOWN then it needs a mod you dont have thus causes you to cdt to desktop

This doesn't apply. I'm altering a mod I have had no problems with and gives no errors on tes5edit or loot

Archived