Marriageable males?

Rabblerouser

So what's your favorite MAN to marry?

Sorry.. I'm more into heterosexual stuff, so I'd like to hear my options.

It seems for female characters, there are a few go-tos (Serana, Ysolda aren't half bad-looking), but when you're PLAYING a female character and want a man.. well... what are your options?

Looking for vanilla and mod characters that will work with Spouses Enhanced.

As far as general interesting husband material goes,I'd say Derkeethus but he's a bad dad (as in he can't acknowledge the Hearthfire adoptees in any way whatsoever due to Bethesda Softworks forgetting to record lines for Argonians for Hearthfire) but Marcurio is a close second. He has the right looks(as in he looks like the kind of guy who can pull off being married to a cat-woman without catching too much flak from greater society),he has an amusing sardonic personality and he is the most useful male character as part as a battle couple.

I would have probably gone with Halbarn Iron-Fur but to marry him,one has to kill all of the Rieklings in Thirsk Mead Hall and no man is worth giving up control over a tribe of troll-kin so he has to die.

Pretty slim pickings for husbands, unfortunately. My go-to guy is Farkas. There's just something about the gentle giant type. He's a big grizzly bear who could rip in half anyone who tries to mess with you, but who really needs a strong woman to look after him. :wub:

My girl ended up with Jon Battle-Born, because he seemed to have a good perspective on things and had a pretty likable and easy going attitude. Plus (at least at first) there was that whole forbidden fruit angle since he was already involved with Olfina - but couldn't act on his affections because she was a Gray-Mane. So she got him drunk, seduced him, took him back to her place and slipped him the cock - and he's loved her ever since.

My girl ended up with Jon Battle-Born, because he seemed to have a good perspective on things and had a pretty likable and easy going attitude. Plus (at least at first) there was that whole forbidden fruit angle since he was already involved with Olfina - but couldn't act on his affections because she was a Gray-Mane. So she got him drunk, seduced him, took him back to her place and slipped him the cock - and he's loved her ever since.

I love you guys, you know.

Though I'm not sure Jon is a vanilla marriage option? What mod do you use for that?

And yeah, while Hearthfire support isn't required (at least for playthroughs after this, I want to at least see it work in this current playthrough and once I've seen it all, not a requirement), I would like to make sure it's compatible with Spouses Enhanced, which requires someone to have a voicetype that supports marriage.

Nope, he's not marriage material in the vanilla game since he's involved in a quest that could break if you don't complete it before you propose to him. I used a batch file I found on the Nexus, but it's no longer there. You can do the same thing through the console though by just bringing it up, selecting the NPC you want and then use the following commands;

setrelationshiprank player 4

addfac 19809 1

addfac 5a1a4 1

That should work for most NPCs without issues so long as they're not needed any more. I haven't tried Spouses Enhanced yet, but he's a low-impact NPC so there shouldn't be any problems.

Archived