Fucking n003 - need moder help

Ok, don't laught.

I try to make a little change to an preexistant plugin and i'm unable to save my changes. But why ?!

1) I load the pluging via the Geck,

2) I set it as active file (or not active, same result)

3) I go to the script,

4) I open it,

5) I make my change (something very little, a drug ref with another one)

6) I press and ...nothing

When I try to close the window a pop up appears saying "do you want to save your mods", i say yes and... still noting.

Why ? :huh:

I am assuming you are talking about New Vegas.

Are you loading the GECK with NVSE? Some of the scripts can only be made/modified with it.

To run the GECK with NVSE jut make a shortcut for the geck somewhere and then hit properties and in lieu of this for the target: fallout new vegas\Geck.exe"

put this: fallout new vegas\nvse_loader.exe" -editor

Then click apply and ok. Then click on your shortcut to open the GECK via NVSE and you should be able to modify your script and save it. :)

I'm speaking of unequipping.

Impeeding removing (dropping / putting in a locker / etc) should be easy with the quest box.

I want to equip some bodywear and impeed unequipping for a certain amount of time.

I try to play some sounds when walking, sneaking and running too but I can't make this f*** Animation Sound Enum working.

To say it easy : I try to customise the tentacle dilo of [WIP] Adult Resourses.

I already attach some spells when wearing it, but I'd like to impeed removal for a certain time and if possible having some sounds playing occasionnaly when walking, running and sneaking...

...and I'm a noob

If you're just worried about the player or NPC being able to take it off via normal methods, you can make that impossible via a flag on EquipItem. Normally you see that used like "equipitem someitem 0". If that last 0 is a 1 instead, then the item cannot be removed via normal methods; NPCs will not unequip it to use something better, and the player cannot unequip it via their inventory.

There isn't really anything you can do to prevent an item from being unequipped via other methods (console, other scripts). You could catch it in a gamemode or onunequip block watching for it to be removed and add another one, but that will probably just end up causing weird problems.

Glad I read this, I accidently did this with the outfits in Working Girl and Legion due to misunderstanding the EquipItem entry in the GECK article.

I'll get fixes for both out today. This is probably the cause of some weirdness with Cass and Veronica and de-equipping.

It could be. If you're not setting the flag, it defaults to 0, meaning the player (and NPCs) can take the item off at will -- which NPCs will do instantly if they have something in their inventory that is better, armor-wise.

If you set it to 1 they'll keep it on, but make sure you take it off when it is appropriate to do so. This may be a good place for a script on the item itself, that checks companions, or something like that, but only runs on the player.

The goal would be to let the player take theirs off, but not the NPCs, and have the NPCs automatically removed by the script if the player takes theirs off -- and automatically equip them if the player puts it on.

You can do this with something like this (not trying to give you more work or broken scripts.. just an idea!)

Begin OnEquip Player
 ; If Cass is a companion and in the cell..
   ; if cass does not have one of the prostitute outfits
     ; give her one
   ; endif
 RoseOfSharonCassidyREF.EquipItem (your item ref here) 1

; do the same for veronica and whoever else.
End

Begin OnUnEquip Player
 ; If Cass is a companion and in the cell..
   ; if cass is wearing a prostitute outfit
     RoseOfSharonCassidyREF.UnEquip (your item ref here) 1
   ; endif
 ; endif

; play it again sam, for veronica, or whoever.
End

That will force them to put it on and not take it off when the player does, and take it off (and not be able to put it back on themselves) when the player removes theirs.

There are a bunch of caveats listed on the TES wiki that I'm not sure apply to FO3 or FONV, but they may. The most important one is that if you run equipitem in a script (rather than the player putting the outfit on manually), the onequip block will NOT run, so you'll have to duplicate that functionality in both places. Or you can put the code in a spell and cast it whenever you call equipitem on that item, and in the onequip block as well.

It could be. If you're not setting the flag' date=' it defaults to 0, meaning the player (and NPCs) can take the item off at will -- which NPCs will do instantly if they have something in their inventory that is better, armor-wise.

[/quote']

Yep. Which is why when I pull that trick I make sure their armor is confiscated.

Haha.. that sounds like the old knockdown effect. It used to be a pretty severe ragdoll 'kick' somewhat like that rapers knockdown, and would send you flying into orbit if the conditions were just right for havok to do something stupid like calculate the gravitational force as 1/infinity or whatever.

Thanks to your help I suceed in my second script.

I now have a symbiot (from [WIP] Adult Resourses [FNV]) giving altered stats, that refuses to be removed unless between some hours, makes cum impredictably (at random time) with visual falldown effect, sounds, sex exhaustion and warning messages.

And it takes me only ... 16 hours T_T.

Actually, it's for my own use but let me know if you want it.

:s

My mod has a major issue and I have no clue on how to fix it.

Imagine that on of your character wears the symbiot. You disconnect wearing it.

If I change any spell parameter for my symbiot and you udpdate the plugin you will face a major issue as, at reconnection, you will gain something like 35 or 50 rads/sec. As the symbiot is impossible to remove and you gain radiation even during wait and will face an unavoidable death.

It seems that it's not due to my work because if you update the plugin without wearing the symbiot you will never face any problem. It seems to be a Fallout engine bug.

I can easyly make a removal plugin but I fear a little that if my work is included in someone other work that could cause very severe issue (= game save lost).

Other problem is that if you wear the symbiot and didn't charge the plugin you will suffer permanant penalities (and bonuses).

In one word : you MUST remove the symbiot before any change to this pluging. No kidding.

This mod add a non amimated symbiot in goodspring school. Wearing it cause the symbiot to bind to you and live in a sexual harmony with your character.

6784452012022700002.jpg

: mod

: removal mod remplacement, use it if you face a severe issue.

I say it again : you MUST remove the symbiot from your caracter before any change/update to this pluging. No kidding. Please read carefully the post above.

If anyone has comment(s) to to do my script I will be more than happy to hear advices as it is my second script. I apologize in advance for english mistakes, if they are some, as it's not my language.

It sounds like you need to put a version var in your main quest, and if you detect updating versions, you may need to reset all the spells/effects on the player. That or make a note that people must "clean save" when updating your mod (save a game without it active, then activate it and load the save to continue).

By "spell parameter", what do you mean? The conditions on the base effect? variables in the base effect script? Base effects on the actual spell (actor effect)?

Whenever I change any parameter of the enchantment. I didn't try all the possible but I meet the problem twice.

The first time when I increase rad regen and the second one when I change rad resistance.

It's possible that only rads effects create the problem, i'm not sure. I confess that after 20 hours of work I whised to play a little :P.

So you opened your enchantment, opened one of the effects it has, and then changed the magnitude? Sorry to peek pushing but I really need details on what you changed, and how you changed it. There are a handful of ways to change everything related to an enchantment or spell -- which also forces me to ask, since you've used both words, are you talking about a spell (SPEL in fnvedit), or an enchantment (ENCH in fnvedit).

A spell is called an "actor effect" in the GECK and they are under "Game Effects". An enchantment is called an "object effect" in the GECK, also under "Game Effects".

They are similar but not identical.

If you have the time, just explain exactly what you did, in the sense of:

1. opened my mod in the geck.

2. went (here) in the object window.

3. opened (this).

4. clicked (that).

etc. It may be the only way for me to understand exactly what you did without you making a youtube video of it.. ;)

Lol.

I understand your question.

I...

1) Open GECK

2) Filter All* with "Symbiot" as all my mod components have that part in their name.

3) go to SexoutSAlienSymbiot Enchantement. (the one with an E bordered with a green square.

4) make some changes (I'm not sure but I may have deleted one line, a -2 in Endurance, and change rad regeneration from 1 to 2)

5) change the mesh.

5) close all windows

6) save

7) play and cry.

But you may have found the easiest way to solve my problem, with an update script.

The update script is probably the "way to go".

set newver to 1

if newver > oldver
 set oldver to newver
 if player has whatever enchantment or enchanted object..
   remove it.
   add a new one.
 endif
endif

That's the basic idea, but most of us don't simply use the ">" compare, so we can support multiple version upgrades at once we do something like this:

set newver to 5 ; raise this every time you release

if oldver < newver
 ; do stuff here you need to do EVERY update, no matter the version.
endif

if oldver == 0
 set oldver to 1
endif

if oldver == 1
 set oldver to 2
endif

if oldver == 2
 set oldver to 3
endif

make sure to not use elseif's here. That will let all the update blocks run going from 0 to 3... 1 to 3... 1 to 2.. whatever. Just raise newver on every release when you need to add a new block. Never initialize oldver, it will start at 0 as it should the first time, and get raised up to newver automatically.

I'll try to understand that tomorrow :)

Thanks.

You can test the mod freely, it works and should not create any bug as long as you remove the symbiot as I said.

For a quick test, just change this line in scn 00SexoutAlienSymbiotScript :

set SymbiotTimeToCum to 1 + GetRandomPercent * 360 / 100 to set SymbiotTimeToCum to 1 + GetRandomPercent * 60 / 100

[Edit : i change the line above, my mistake sorry (= you cum once/minute)]