how do i change a existing follower mod to play nice with the same mod

prakhan

so  here's  my problem.

i have two slightly different versions of the same follower mod, different armor and hair 

I want to run both in my game (like twins) but they have the same esp just different meshes and textures

I was hoping (lol) i could just rename the esp and assorted file folders but nope  that wont work.

i tried messing with CK but i dont know if it will work as i have Mod organizer loaded

and as not to mess with my game loaded CK in a new  skyrim folder with a basic skyrim install

but cant seem to get the file to load to edit it

spent hours combing google for outdated info

so 2 pots of coffee and a pack of smokes later thought i would come ask for help

here are links to the 2 versions

What i really want is a way to run both  so perhaps a simple change in names   idk from bee to dee

so hoping for a simple and uptodate way to figure this out 

version 1 http://mod.dysintropi.me/mods/ThirdParty/Bee-V%203.5%20SP.7z

vesions 2 http://mod.dysintropi.me/mods/ThirdParty/Bee-V%203.5%20LH.7z

thanks for your time 

hope this made sense kinda got the jitters now to much coffee

You likely need to create a new custom follower in an esp and then import those files that you desire from the other mods. (face morph etc) and make any changes you want to them, for example different hair etc. research some info on creating a follower, importing face settings and assets ( hairs, skin, skeleton etc) and you should be able to have a very stable follower that is a very lean mod indeed.

For MO help with CK we have a thread here that has many users and some modders they should be able to help resolve any CK issues and give instructions. AS for the other idea I am not a moder but have been interested for some time just haven't had the time to "put the rubber to the road" so to say. There might be easier ways but I don' t know of any other way that will be 100% reliable. Besides you do the above you have 1/2 the knowledge you need to create a mod in CK for the future.. :D

Thanks for the rapid responses =)

Well yea

"You just slightly change the ID name of the follower, use separate file paths for the second follower"

thats what i was hoping for but My lack of skills in the CK seems  to have derailed this quick fix =) .

I guess i was dreaming of this software that allowed to view  files /edit said files  to point to the correct files structures .

If i have this right its the esp. that contains the info for what file the game looks for in the Mod. I tried editing the esp in notepad ++  and  you know what it worked badly  but  it worked. In my head I was thinking of a editor  that allowed the esp to be edited to point to a files system that's preset/premade  and load those files  with out the filter/glitches of the ck.  

But of course that wont fly I,ll  just keep playing with the CK . I did  get it working thru the ck  with minor glitches that i need to iron out like hair tint not loading and combing thru tutorials for info  and how to's

thanks peeps

There are tutorials for CK. Many are very easy but some time will be needed.

You need to understand the ID and how to change it.. ( perhaps create a new esp for this also part of basic tutorials) Then there should be some tutorials on how to import the resources. That should give you some good ideas on how to do this. If you still run into some problems with the CK and such. Post a screencapture of where you are at and what you want to do. This should show those brains like Rayblue :D. that you are truly trying to do this and many will give more direct info and aid.

What you are doing is an excellent intro into CK and modding. ;) Trust me I have been here for more than two years and I have seen others just start what you are doing and shortly later they are doing full blown mods with others.. :P

tru stuff 

My skills with the CK are lacking  and trial and error will help  as well as many of the well written tutorials here and else where

It just seems tho sometimes using CK is like using a sledge hammer to pop a beer cap. altho i have learned a lot in 5 days of fiddling with this.

And MO  makes it nice once  i got my head around the load order issue =( Yeah as far as the ID  that was a given.  its all the details ie reassigning  the meshes  and textures

to the new esp removing the parent esm-ified master and stoof . the phrase just enough information to be dangerous comes to mind.

Thanks for the help =)

If you're going to make two versions of the same mod to run at the same time:

1. There has to be a separate folder/directory(s) for the second mod (with the contents copied from the first mod), like thismod/textures and then thismod_CBBE/textures (same thing with the meshes)
  2. A duplicate and renamed copy of the .ESP, which you then modify its paths to the second mod resources. You also have to edit the facegen mesh using NIFskope by sourcing the textures from the second mod.

If you're going to make two versions of the same mod to run at the same time:

1. There has to be a separate folder/directory(s) for the second mod (with the contents copied from the first mod), like thismod/textures and then thismod_CBBE/textures (same thing with the meshes)
  2. A duplicate and renamed copy of the .ESP, which you then modify its paths to the second mod resources. You also have to edit the facegen mesh using NIFskope by sourcing the textures from the second mod.

This is what i ended up doing Cept the whole nifscope thing and i,m sure  thats one thing i still have to do

Also seemed i have another earlier mod  that i use for 2nd Bee  rather then the one linked  different armor  and such, it was fun and frustrating to play with ck. but yea I learned a lot . And have so much more respect for modders =) I mean i had alot before  but even more now 

Archived