Is it possible? HDT Flails and maybe Nunchakus?

kamikaze00007

With HDT getting pretty common as well as animated weaponry already being in existence, I was wondering if someone was already in the midst of creating a Flail type weapon (of course it's going to be in the mace or axe category) that actually behaves similar to one.

For those who didn't know, flails are basically maces that have a sort of chain that attaches the head of the mace to the handle instead of using a shaft or a stick-like connection. The momentum and weight of the head increases the damage

caused because the chain doesn't transfer much of the impact's recoil to the handle. Instead, it actually acts as a fulcrum much like how a whip functions.

Now, I know there's a mod called Combat Cross out there that's basically a sword handle enchanted with an animated tentacle graphics effect that protrudes when you attack, but apart from aesthetics it's just a sword and the range is just to the tip of the invisible blade.

I was wondering if it was possible for an actual HDT flail weapon to be made, something like those spike-ball and chain traps already within the game. When you swing the weapon, the weight of the head part affects the swing and movement, and when not moving the object hangs down from the handle. I got curious after remembering the wraith enemy in the LOTR movie as well as seeing my bro play Sejuani in LOL.  :D

I believe to this day all whips in other games are animated and there must be practical reasons behind that, physics are more prone to bugging I think, whilst animated flails are easy to do and can be made to act naturally and have different animation loops to make it seem more natural, it's totally do-able I think but better stick to the traditional method, it's failproof ;)

Archived