Animation issue, hindering progress

~magic~

Hi,

I am using Animation N3 tools and Blender 2.7 to make animations, primarily SL animations and various idle poses that I felt were missing from skyrim (e.g sleeping, covering, examining weapon).

I am running into a constantly repeating and extraordinarily frustrating problem - Everything is spot on, except that the hands are offset in-game by a few inches, and not in Blender.
This is a major issue when trying to make sexlab animations, because the hands clip with other parts of the body rather than being where they should. It makes what should be an okay-looking animation look awful. 

This shows the discrepancy between the editor and the game:

pdQsty2.png

KpmsF0H.png

In the editor, the hands are where they should be. In-game, however, the hands are not, especially the right hand - it appears as though everything from the forearm down is incorrect.

Things I have tried:

C?> Maybe it is the IK solver not working correctly.

S> Try doing an animation without IK.

R> Exact same problem, regardless of what method I use for animation.

C?> Perhaps it is upper arm twist, or clavicles?

S> Try removing all keyframes from bones I'm not animating.

R> No change. Arms, hands, etc. are still displaced.

C?> Maybe it is a blender issue, with the .kf format script.

S> Try using a different version of the script.

R> No change, arms are displaced the exact same amount regardless of what version of the script I use.

S> Try not using blender.

R> I know how to use Blender. I do not know how to use 3ds Max, and have never touched it in my life. I cannot afford 3ds Max and would have to pirate it, only to spend hours upon hours learning it to a basic enough level.

C?> Maybe it's a body mod issue - a difference in the hand sizes?

S> Tried using a UNP body rather than Dream Girl in game, to test the animation.

R> Same problem.

C?> Perhaps it is a bone priority issue?

S?> This seems like my best bet, but I don't know how to test this.

The mesh in game is that the same you use for blender ?? if not then maybe that is where to start looking. Some mesh has longer arms. you need to ask Anton what mesh he used for his blender IK.

The mesh in the editor is UNP.

I tried using UNP in game, same issue.

Umm just FYI, 3dsmax student free download:

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max

My only suggestion, would be to try exporting your animations from blender as FBX or some other file, then you can use the actual havok animation tools to only re-export them from 3dsmax to the native hkx format. (That way you don't have to play with learning how to animate in 3dsmax at least)

You'd have to mess around with using multiple programs that way though :( Which I admit is probably the most frustrating thing about 3d modelling/animation there just isn't an all-in-one package.

Try locRotScale once to see if it fixes it. Also Make sure the arm fix is ticked of in fnis. If this doesn't fix it then there might be extra dead nodes attached to the one of the spine bones in the skelton.nif screwing up the scaling in game. Further more if the .hkx isn't set up right it will cause this issue. Just some ideas.

Then the only thing i can think off is are you baking the animation before exporting from blender ?? When using rigs you need to force a animation baking before exporting the animation. or else the animation will not look the way it should.

just hit space bar and type bake and you should see the option to bake the animation before exporting from blender.

I have made several animation using Anton rigs and they all look fine on my end. Maybe you just forgot 1 thing before really exporting the animation.

or upload your blend file maybe we can identify what you are doing wrong before exporting.

Then the only thing i can think off is are you baking the animation before exporting from blender ?? When using rigs you need to force a animation baking before exporting the animation. or else the animation will not look the way it should.

just hit space bar and type bake and you should see the option to bake the animation before exporting from blender.

I have made several animation using Anton rigs and they all look fine on my end. Maybe you just forgot 1 thing before really exporting the animation.

or upload your blend file maybe we can identify what you are doing wrong before exporting.

I am not exporting. I am using a script from animation n3 tools that is independent of any exporters. 

I know i already say i used that rig before without problems when using the alt + P to export from newer blender. you still not answered my question ?? how you been doing before exporting with the script ?? did you use Bake Action command like Anton mentioned in his readme ??

Archived