FOMM will not install anything

Molevalence

To clarify things I had an issue before with the teleportation to black mountain then it would crash. I think I found out the culprit which was Sexout sex mod so I was installing a few mods then testing the game out just to see if the issue was fixed. Things were going fine after about 5 mods being installed but unfortunately now FOMM will not install any mod. I keep getting this error:

"A problem occurred during the install:

Exception of type 'fomm.Transactions.Rollbackexception was

thrown.ChinhDo.Transactions.txtFileManager+TxEnlistment

Failed to Rollback.

Access to path: 'C:Users:********\Documents\mygames\falloutnv\fallout.ini is denied.

The mod was not installed."

I researched this error and some answers claimed it to be because there were too many mods installed. They said a limit of 200 some mods. If this were true I have less than 100 mods and I am getting this error. I had this issue in the past to with Tryout but when I removed the mod, exited out FOMM then ran it again Tryout installed fine.

I am using Prideslayers custom FOMM and every core file is installed correctly and up to date. The game honestly has been giving me problems for a few days now. I even did a complete removal of the game, mods, everything and installed it fresh and it worked for the most part but then that error started to happen.

If anyone can enlighten me what is going on I would appreciate it. I tend to derp a lot but with so much trial and error I have done in the past I know for the most part on how to use FOMM. This is just a pain in the ass now.

Update: Decided to do a complete removal of everything. Uninstalled all the mods, the game, got rid of access files. Complete sweep clean and reinstalled new vegas. Followed instructions down to a "T" and now I get this error even with NO mods installed:

A problem occurred during the installation

The file already exists.

The mod was not installed.

Now I am getting frustrated.

At one point or another you ran FOMM as administrator.

That was a bad idea. The instructions specifically say to not do that, in huge red letters.

Now the administrator owns all the files that FOMM uses, and you cannot run it as a normal user without fixing that. So, "fix that". Take ownership of all the FOMM files (default dir: c:\games\falloutnv) as your normal user, or ensure you keep your backups up to date and keep running it as administrator.

At one point or another you ran FOMM as administrator.

That was a bad idea. The instructions specifically say to not do that, in huge red letters.

Now the administrator owns all the files that FOMM uses, and you cannot run it as a normal user without fixing that. So, "fix that". Take ownership of all the FOMM files (default dir: c:\games\falloutnv) as your normal user, or ensure you keep your backups up to date and keep running it as administrator.

Hey Pride. Thank you for answering. Just to verify I know for a fact I did not run it as admin. I do my best to follow your instructions. I got it working now but it took a lot of time and effort to get it going again. Lesson learned. If I did run it as admin I have no recollection of where and when I did it. Thanks again for answering. 

It happened at some point.. really that's the only way for those files to get messed up in that fashion. Well that or you (or someone) intentionally changed the file ownership after it was installed. You can blame MS for the useless errors about the file already existing and such.

Also check your temp directory size. If you have too much 'crap' in there, FOMM will not work. It needs enough space available to extract and recompress the mods you install.

Just checked my temp folder and got that all sorted. Crap was for sure the best word. Removed 52 gigs of it.

It happened at some point.. really that's the only way for those files to get messed up in that fashion. Well that or you (or someone) intentionally changed the file ownership after it was installed. You can blame MS for the useless errors about the file already existing and such.

Also check your temp directory size. If you have too much 'crap' in there, FOMM will not work. It needs enough space available to extract and recompress the mods you install.

• 2 months later...

Archived