HDT High Heels + Sexlab

azmodan22

I have recently installed some armors that use HDT High Heels. When I equip the boots, the character gets taller as supposed to. 

Everything works nice and smooth untill I start an animation with sexlab. The animation plays normally, (although there might be missalagments in scenes where the boots are not removed, but this is normal) but when the animation finishes and the boot are re-equiped, HDT High Heels does not see that. As the result the character has the original height and the feet are sunk in the ground. Opening the inventory, unequiping and re-equiping the boots fixes that.

Is there a way to avoid that, and make HDT HH recognize that the boots have been reequiped after the animation?

I dont think that re-aling actors will help. (and I think resentrly the buttons were not working for me so I'll have to take a look at that too.) 

The 'problem' ocurs after the animation when they re-equip their armor (player and followers). If a follower sits on a chair/bench or use a crafting station, when they are done HDT updates their height.  

That is a know issue with Sexlabs and the way it replaces the armor/clothing on a character.

Why:

HDT HH works by the way of an enchantment on the boots/heels to kick off the custom height.

What Happens:

The way that Sexlab re-equips armor/clothing causes the enchantments to not take affect.

The enchantments will not take affect until you undress and redress from your inventory menu.

To test what I'm saying do the following.

Have on an item that increases the magic regeneration, then have Sexlab kick of a sex animation where that item is removed and reequipped.

Next fire of some spells and watch the magic bar take its normal time in regenerate.

Now remove and reequip said item from your inventory menu.

Now fire of some spells again, notice the regeneration has sped up....

Live and learn...

It's been like that for as long as I can remember and I started using sexlabs back around 1 or 2 years ago.

yep..its been like forever as far as I know..what I do is map an fkey to a set of armour via SKYUI MCM and also map one to strip all items. (just check one of f keys in SKYUI to remove armour when you press it) .then it just a case of hit one to strip it all and hit other to re-dress...that fixes it for me :)...

majordespair I do exactly tha same thing. :-)

Never noticed that NO enchantems work on items after sexlabe re-equips them though. Although that yould explain a lot. I imagine that the same thing happens with Defeat. 

After the animations are finished, the enchantments of the armor will not work if sexlab re-equips them. 

hhmmm

live and learn

That is a know issue with Sexlabs and the way it replaces the armor/clothing on a character.

Why:

HDT HH works by the way of an enchantment on the boots/heels to kick off the custom height.

No, HDT HH works with a script on the shoes, not an enchantment

the magiceffect is from a spell called by the script, but the script will not run.

Enchantments on items are always applied. What does not fire when using equipItem is the OnEquipped event. ( it did the same in Oblivion )

I don't think that it is a bug. It is meant to avoid an infinite loop in the script of cursed items which set the forceEquip flag in their OnEquiped block

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
  akActor.equipitem(getbaseobject(),abPreventRemoval = true)
endevent

Archived