Problems with Oblivion... Playable black screen ?

kepler78

Hi guys, I'm new and i wanted some help.

I haven't play Oblivion since a long time, and when I saw all mods you got there... I had to reinstall it.

So, I downloaded a lot of mods, Oblivion Mod Manager, Wrye, and Boss... And I think there is something missing.

The game starts well, but when I want to play, either if I load a save or I start a new, there is a graphical problem. Everything is black, or like grey or something. I can move, I can ear sounds, but I don't see anything...

I used topics on the loverslab forum to help me, and I tryed to take all latest versions... but I think there is a probleme, may be a missing ressource, or an incompatibility...

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french... And there no support for this on french boards

Can sombedy help me ? Thanks !

There is the load order... Is something missing ? I tried to install this since two days...

There is the load order... Is something missing ? I tried to install this since two days...

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion ESM
01  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ESM
02  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul ESM
03  Lovers with PK ESM
04  LoversCreature ESM
05  x117race ESM
06  Chanpon ESM
07  MaleBodyReplacerV5 ESP
08  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul ESP  [Version 1.35Beta]
09  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - No Daedric Items ESP
0A  LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP ESP
0B  LoversVoiceSSPplus ESP
0C  LoversRaperS ESP
0D  LoversBed ESP
0E  LoversBiko ESP
0F  LoversPayBandit ESP
10  Lovers with PK ESP  [Version 96v5]
11  LoversBitch ESP
12  LoversCreature ESP
13  LoversBackup2 ESP
14  LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer ESP
15  LoversMB2 ESP
16  LoversLight ESP
17  LoversSlaveTrader ESP
18  LSTBravilUnderground ESP
19  BudongsNarcolepsySpell ESP
1A  DiabloEF 6 in 1 ESP
1B  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask ESP
1C  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye ESP
1D  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race ESP
1E  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules ESP
1F  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules ESP
20  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules ESP
21  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules ESP
22  x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules ESP
23  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace ESP
24  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves ESP
25  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons ESP
26  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves ESP
27  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake ESP
28  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc ESP
29  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race ESP
2A  x117race ESP
2B  x117Race ENG Race ESP
2C  Lop-ears Elf ESP
2D  Lop-ears Elf_mini ESP
2E  LoversIdleAnimsPriority ESP
2F  LoversAnimObjectsPriority ESP
30  LSTaddonInH ESP
31  LSTaddonoutH ESP

So, for the playable black screen, it was a little problem with HDR...

Now, I get the problem with the "exclamation point", I've forget to apply the unofficial patch, let's go te repatch all...

Thanks for the tips with the zip in your "how to" install Loverslab, It's faster than to reinstall all!

Ah.. There is still the same problem... I will try to reinstall properly... In fact, the mesh missing appears on "bethesda elements" woodstuff, like chests or buckets, it's strange !

First, 1.2.04, then for the OMOD, BOSS, Wrye, then OBSE and plugins... Overhaul, Body replacers, and then... The lovers lab ! Am i right ?

I'm glad to see you are there... I just have one or two questions.

I saw a lot of people used to recommand Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul, and I wanted to know if Loverslab mods are compatible with Oscuro's Characters Ovehaul ?

There, I'm rezipping my game... I just put Wrye, OBMM and OBSE + plugins. Now, should I install Unofficial patches first ? Then the overhaul, and, the classic order ?

Yes OCO is compatible with Lovers Mods.

Yes install Oblivion, Si , 1.2.04 Patch, DLCs, then Unofficial patches and the Body relacer (HGEC female and Robers male) then OCO

Not sure if there is a human Skeleton inside so better install the universal Skeleton afer OCO

Then BBB animations

Do not forget  the archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection ( Oblivion Modmanger or WryeBash)

"Do not forget  the archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection ( Oblivion Modmanger or WryeBash)"

What do you exactly mean by invalidate the archive via Bsa redirection ? You mean the "batch patch" of wyre ? (And then, a little shot of Boss :P)

Edit : Hummmm ! And about the "MBP1.4a MBP++0.98a x117++078 Aio", i put this before or after my body replacers ? ^^

Then, I finished and I stop to borring you :)

(Thanks a lot ^^)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, that's why it's the third time I restart all ! XD

Very usefull, but there is so many things to read on oblivion modding... I didn't see this one, thanks :P

If you told me that 30 minutes ago, I should earn some time and I'm gonna to repack all now lol

For OBMM users:

1. Start OBMM.
  2. Click Utilities.
  3. Select Archive invalidation. You'll get a popup window.
  4. Click BSA redirection (it's the default choice).
  5. Click Update Now.
  6. Close the Archive invalidation popup (click the red X in the upper-left corner).
  7. Quit OBMM or click Launch Oblivion.

But it's cool, that's how we learn...

Euh, and, do you have some useful informations on TES4Edit ? ^^

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/1447-pyffied-mesh-and-high-rez-oily-texture-for-mbpxeo/

And I forget this too ^^

In fact, modding Oblivion is fuckin harder than I though, I use to remind Morrowind was hard, but this one... I hope Bethesda makes Skyrim easier way to mod it !

What Infos about Tes4Edit? I use it often, works fine. And you can test your game if you have missing or wrong placed master files. Start Tes4Edit with all your Mods, wait till it is finish or if you get a error message e.g. "Mod xy must be load before the esp yz" Then check if you have the xy esp ( install the missing esp) and change your load order. Strat Tes4Edit again till it loads all your Mods without error message. ( It does not tells you if you have the perfect load order. Load order use BOSS = read my Link how you can manually search new esp in the BOSS masterlist.txt file. I never run the BOSS tool cause it mess up my load order e.g Lovers Mods and german Mods BOSS does not know )

It's so long to install it clean with OBMM :(

I havent finished yet to create omod files to install mods... But I've copy my game copyfile to an other computer to test a different install with SexDarkness and Sexlivion... But it's no more updated, right ?

OMods: no better or more stability, only clean uninstall. If you install manually you must search all files when you want uninstall a Mod.

So you can install all Mods manually  and use O-Modmanager only for the Load order. ( I prefer OMods)

----------------------------

Yes SexDarkness and Sexlivion are old, no more updates and a totally different Sex System.

You can use Sexlivion and Lovers, but there are some "bugs". If you use Lovers Joburg or Lovers Hookers. The Lovers System does not recognizes Sexlivion sex so it can happen that NPCs stalk you (Joburg) or ask for Sex (Hookers) while you have Sexlivion sex, and sexlivion does not like Animation interruptions (caused CTD). But you can "disable" Hookers Approach and set the Joburg sett to 0 in game and can fuck whole Tamriel with Sexlivion Sex without Problems. I still use Sexlivion for Girls (you can Play it with male and female character)

See http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12494-mods-that-are-not-compatible-with-lovers/

Ah, the imperial girl at the beginning was entire lol... But it's still missing mesh for the candle and chest... o_O

But there is a little problem, all my girls textures are... blank, there are vanilla ! I'm gonna redownload high res textures by your links and to rewrite on the data files.

If i don't touch the .esp or the .esm, there is no problem ? And it's not a problem of loading order, cause TES4Edit tells no error, it's my fault, I clicked to quick by installing one the pack... and it put vanilla females for all races ! O_o

Edit : I forget to build the batch file... May be it this ? If it's not, I will make it warrior, I will rewrite textures with this ! http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20022/?

Gonna retest ^^

Edit 2 : The batch changes nothing... I put the textures and gonna verify... In fact, the batch gaves me the "missing mesh" back, I need to "archiveinvalidate"

But, it's cool with the Hi Res textures ^^

Now, it's just a time of debug for the mesh missing...

Edit 3 : I'm still missing mesh with chest, candle and some decorations from the game itself... Everything is OK, but not this...

It's so borring... Tout ça parce que ces abrutis de chez Bethesda sont pas foutus de faire des systèmes d'adressage dynamique ! XD

I think the problem is with the unofficial patches... or overhaul, or something like that ! In wyre, I see some mods which are underlined... It tells about dirty edits... How to clean it ? Two days of breaking data, so nice week end ^^

Edit 4 : The loading order is OK for TES4Edit... No conflicts, now, i remade the validation invalidated (and i download this : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/10724/?

I see this on french boards, so I download it to retest and re re patch. XD

Edit 5 : Fuck, it looks good, but it makes the same at first, the imperial women is just no headed...

Do not use the ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated from Nexus ! it is old and outdated. Use Modmanager or WryeBash.

Have you my Link ? have you checked you Oblivion ini if the archive invalidate entries are there ?

Mod cleaning with Tes4Edit. Tutorial Links in my yellow Link.

I use no Ovehaul, no MBP and no Unofficial patches. I only use the meshes and Textures Folders of the Unofficial patches.

Thanks, but I'am already reinstalling mods... And I know why my DLC were "dirty edit", i didn't patch them !

So I'm in... The patchs, the resources and replacers, the overhaul, and over over again... I hope Skyrim and TSO are easier to mod !

Can you tell me more about ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated or BSARedirection ?

There is that Wrye tells me when I search fort dirty edit... How can I solve this ? Everything is in my data path, i cannot understand why it's so hardcore for stupid bethesda mesh !

I'm trying this...

Tes4viewnt4.png

But it's pretty long... I applied this to all mods, i don't care where is the problem, it just gonna find it and destroy it ! XD

It didn't works... It rips off all my "mesh" replaced, but for theses fuckin cheats, still missing ! XD

Edit : Il will try to install without DLC (just Shivering Isles)... Let's see !

Hum... By reading and reading things on archive invalidation with BSA redirection, I think I catched something. To be updated properly, the last resource (mesh/texture) must be younger than the original one, isn't it ? I think I've missed something on installation, I need to watch line by line to match the dates... The game and the invalidation by BSA redirection were made in that way, isn't it ?

All my apologies for my bad english, I haven't sleep since last night... I gonna break that thing, almost 20hours of mess and I'm not even get out the imperial prison ! xD

Edit : Aaaaaaaaaaaah ! I may be found the problem, that is to say a mesh wich is entitled "candle"... I don't know what's going on... let's finish reinstall ! :)

(My other PC is out dated, it's not finished yet and it's a lighter version ! lol)

Edit 2 : It works on my second computer... just No DLC (so unofficial patch for dlc too), only Shivering Isles, with the Unofficial Patches for Oblivion and SI, and no oscuro's overhaul or Oblivion Characters overhaul... But the same lovers plugins... So, the lovers plug order must be good.

I made a back up of my installation with the full mods, but it's cool... It means i'm closer :P

(Yeah, instead of repack every time, i've packed all in one stuff and it works on my trash computer ^^)

Mod cleaning:

You must not change the Settings of Tes4Edit, the newest Version has two Apply Filter.

Load the Mod you want to clean.

Right click the Mod esp and choose "Apply Filter for cleaning", then wait.

Right click the Mod esp and  click: Remove "Identical to Master" records.  wait.

Right click the Mod esp and click: Undelete and Disable References. wait.

Finished.

In my Load in the Yellow Link you see behind some esp "clean it" that are dirty esp you should clean with Tes4Edit.

In the BOSS masterlist.txt stands behind every dirty esp that you should clean it.

Archived