~33% Size difference between sheathed and drawn weapons

GrimReaper

^

I use the latest XPMSE (with the proper weapon scale plugin - doesn't seem to work for me, obviously), ECE, HDT Equipment mod and Dual sheath redux. This issue only affects females as far as I know - I know that even vanilla had some size differences between sheathed and drawn weapons but the difference I am experiencing right now is friggin huge. Anyone knows how to fix that? I know that there are weapon scale sliders in the chargen but that only affects my character, not every other character in the game.

Ah, I worded that poorly. With chargen I meant just the character generator in general, not the Racemenu one. Sorry. So no, I am not using Racemenu, just ECE. Pretty sure there are a few nodes in the skeleton I could scale (offhand and mainhand is all I need) but I don't know how they are called. And since XPMSE comes with a truckload of bones, idk.

You need to use the latest RaceMenu version or at least the latest NiOverride which is included in RaceMenu or else ProperWeaponScales does nothing. And for weapon scaling with ECE, forget it, it's an unbelieve pain in the ass to transfer shit with it over and thus use the weapon scaling in RM plugin or in XPMSE RM plugin.

Well, after some further testing, the giant scale difference only seems to affect the PC, not NPCs. At least not that much. I can live with that, tbh - just increasing the scaling of mainhand and offhand works quite well. It's a shoddy workaround but I just can't bring myself to drop ECE. I have been using it so long that I can't live without it anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the support, guys.

You don't have to drop ECE, just install NiOverride and Proper Weapon Scale, Proper Weapon Scale just needs the NiOverride dll

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37481/?

Uh, well. This ain't working for me, guess I have a conflict somewhere. Weapon scale is the same with Proper Weapon Scale and without it, re-installed NIOverride just to be sure but it remains the same.

• 3 months later...

I've been facing the exact same issue as this, I got a workaround that works:

1:Get Racemenu version 3.0.0 (sorry I can't post links yet)

2: Get NetImmerse Override version 2.9.6, overwrite the Racemenu files when prompted (apparently the packed NI Override that comes with Racemenu v3 is somehow faulty)

3: Using showracemenu, change the weapon scale in the "Weapons" part

4: Fixed the huge weapons when drawn/sheathed

NB: I'm using also Dual Sheathe Redux.

I've yet to try that workaround with ECE, might do at a later time, hope that helps.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm using the XPMS skeleton by Groovtama with the weapon scale fix enabled too

I've been facing the exact same issue as this, I got a workaround that works:

1:Get Racemenu version 3.0.0 (sorry I can't post links yet)

2: Get NetImmerse Override version 2.9.6, overwrite the Racemenu files when prompted (apparently the packed NI Override that comes with Racemenu v3 is somehow faulty)

3: Using showracemenu, change the weapon scale in the "Weapons" part

4: Fixed the huge weapons when drawn/sheathed

NB: I'm using also Dual Sheathe Redux.

I've yet to try that workaround with ECE, might do at a later time, hope that helps.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm using the XPMS skeleton by Groovtama with the weapon scale fix enabled too

Ehm the weapon category is only sheath size, it doesn't matter to the drawn weapon. Proper Weapon Scale does all the work, Step 3 in your workaround does nothing to the result in Step 4. PWS just takes over changes in Step 3 so that drawing doesn't cause a resozing.

PWS probably does not work with ECE as I intedned because they reapply the changes from ECE over and over again, and thus blindly overwritting PWS changes. ECE is not a recommended mod for me anymore, because it is unforeseeable when it does what.

Archived