hdt+sos

romeozero -- does it work for standard males, or only on female unp/futa?

if you have mine archive ,there's 2 xml files in there for fem\male - HDTMale~ HDT(fem)

in console ~ type "help hdt" ,should be a choice of gender  .or by name . don't remember.

So I'm not sure if I have your version or not.  The 2 xml files I have are: "hdt + Sos.xml" and "hdtm + Sos.xml".  I have these sitting in my SKSE/plugins directory.

If I type "help hdt" in console, I get:

ARMOR HDTHavokObjectSOS (item #)

And that's it (other than hdt high heels stuff, which is a whole 'other mod).  I don't see anything in "help hdt" that is male/female related.

I'm not sure what the armor HDTHavokObjectSOS is supposed to do, but I tried to use console to add it and equip it, but I saw no effect.

I'm too new to hdt to understand how it works or what I'm doing wrong, but obviously I'm either doing something wrong, or I dont have the right files.

yes my files, its an item to eqp for see how schlong work.

If you see no effect then you have diff bone names in your skeleton or schlong. In JFF you can see it starts as "NPC Genitals01 [Gen01] ,etc."  rename in JFF  to match names in mesh of sos and skeleton, test.

Its real time change, alt-tab game >save prams in jff.back tab game > reequip item and see if it hangs LR

I've been having the same issue. romeozero has been astonishingly friendly and willing to respond to this enigma both here and with me, but I still can't figure out the flop. I've checked all pathing in the body nif to make sure hdtm.xml is properly set. The SOS skeleton I use is the base SOS skeleton packed into the mod (SOS Light BTW).

All genital nodes are properly reflected in JFF and in both skeleton and body nifs. I use blender (not 3DS), but can confirm that there is weight painted to the SOS member on all Gen-bones on the body mesh, so, like female bodies with properly painted weights, there SHOULD be HDT influences on those painted areas (vector groups), yet I don't see anything on the male body nif with hdtm.xml pathed properly on it actually influenced.

The one thing, with regards to weight paint, is there are no GenitalLag nodes on the body mesh as there are in the skeleton. On the body there are GenitalsBase, GenitalsScrotum, Genitals01 thru Genitals06 nodes, and in JFF, with romeozero's htdm.xml (or any hdtm for that matter) loaded, you'll see an oddball in there--i.e. GenitalsLag06, for which there is no existing bone on the body mesh to paint weight to.

I don't know if that's a clue.

If you've tikered with JFF, you may have noticed that changing any  motion type away from an already defined Motion_Keyframed to Motion_Sphere_Inertia--for example--will create the infinite drip stretch syndrome. That being said, I've done everything I know to do in JFF to edit the parameters on the Genitals nodes marked as Motion_KeYFramed and still see nothing--tho on the female skeleton, I can adjust similar parameters on the PreBreast nodes and see HDT influence on the mesh.

Similarly, I've mirrored parameters already existing in the female body L Breast/R Breast, which are listed as motion type: Motion_Sphere_Inertia (C/O JFF) on the Genital nodes, which are also listed as Motion_Sphere_Inertia. But still see nothing.

I've tikered with constraints and have learned the hard way while tinkering with hdtPhysicsExtentionsDefaultBBP.xml not edit anything in the Angular Limits tab under Constraints Settings in JFF because you'll loose all Angular Motor Types built into the xml, which are importanat for bounce. Why that happens? I have no idea.

If you want to change some of the basic torqueing motions and lag attributed to the SOS member, you can adjust the parameters on the BSLagBoneController on the skeleton nif in NifSkope. Play with Linear Velocity, Linear Rotation, and Maximum distance for each BSLagBoneController, which is linked to each GenitalLag bone, which are respectively parents to each of the Genitals bones. As for Flags, Frequency or Phase, with regards to BSLagBoneController, I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure out those parameters. NifTools forum has no better description of them than what Interactive Help on the Help dropdown in NifSkope offers: in fact, it's the same.

If you have come across hkxcmd.exe and think it's your salvation, don't bother. It DOES work with respect to bones refrenced in the hkx, and en_hawk has posted an excelent tut on how to use it. The problem resides in the fact that there are no genitals bones referenced in the hkx animation files, and thusly, any attempt to animate the Scholng--as I tried to do with mt_walkforward.hkx (in blender BTW) will be futile to import into game. There are no genitals bones refrenced in the hkx.

You can open an hkx with notepad and see for yourself. And you can use convertUI (which I think is based off of hkxcmd.exe) found on the Nexus to convert any hkx to a more readable xml and see the referenced bones more clearly. However, you can't convert an xml to an hkx as the program seems to imply.

All this rambling, and all I have to offer is GL. If you figure it out or find a vid that shows the flop, then shoot me a line. I think the ultimate means to an end is 3DS, but I can't get my hands on a DL, and I can't afford a legit version.

P.S.

You can download Caliente's Body Slide from the nexus to check weight paint on the body mesh. Once you've DL'd that, you can open data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\res and drop an xpms maximum skeleton (renamed skeleton_femalexpms.nif) in there and then import the male body mesh to see the weight paint since xpms maximum skeleton contains the genital bones, which the xpms skeleton in Caliente's mod does not. Of course I've done this only with SOS Light male body meshes since the schlong and the male body are a single mesh--and exporting creates body seams issues. Still trying to find a work around.

If you can't get the seperate SOS schlong and SOS male body to import from full versions of SOS, try downloading b3lisario's SOS Light. The only real loss to the mod is all schlongs are the same size and you don't have erection spells. But if you have sexlab installed and then install SOS Light, most sexlab based mods will take care of the erections during sexual animations since SOS animation file structures in SOS Light are the same as any full version of SOS.

Here is one last P.S.

The basic SOS, full version or other wise, DOES have some vertical bounce, at least parallel to the Z axis, which can be seen when the character bumper hits an immoveable object. Lock yourself between a table and chair and watch while you walk, run, or sprint forawrd. You'll see all kinds of flobble.

But while walking, running, or sprinting while your PC is still able to continue forward, that type of flobble is unpresent. I hope to figure out how to make the first-mentioned work during unobstructed walk, run, sprint forward.

..."genital lag" you wrote ? ...it controls  behavior data of sos hkx.. did xml have that name ?

yeah the xml was made for SOS def full [ where the genital is separate of body ] and maybe it has older data since i experimented a lot with sos in overall.But  collison + hdt should work as long as you equip "item HDT"  

maybe try this 

..."genital lag" you wrote ? ...it controls  behavior data of sos hkx.. did xml have that name ?

yeah the xml was made for SOS def full [ where the genital is separate of body ] and maybe it has older data since i experimented a lot with sos in overall.But  collison + hdt should work as long as you equip "item HDT"  

maybe try this 

This have to rename?

@ romeozero

I did mention Genitals Lag, which is located on the male skeleton nif as, for example, GenitalsLag06 or GenitalsLag01 or etc. As an example, the particular GenitalsLag06 tree breaks down as follows: .......NPCGenitals05 [Gen05]-->NPC GenitalsLag06-->BSLagBoneController-->NPC Genitals 06 [Gen06].

The BSLagBoneController is a "child" to NPC Genitals05 [Gen05]. NPC GenitalsLag06 is a "child," but more specifically the referenced "target" of BSLagBoneController. And NPC Genitals 06 [Gen06] is a "child" to NPC GenitalsLag06. This node tree structure is the same all the way up to GenitalsBase [GenBase]--minus the fact that GenitalsBase [GenBase] is parent to two "lag bones" : GenitalsScrotumLag and GenitalsLag01. 

BSLagBoneController does all of the original Schlong motion "swaying/torqueing." That's where you can tweak some of the motion as I mentioned earlier. 

If you go into the SOS Schlong nif--I forget what the name of it is because, like I said, I use SOS Light where the Schlong and male body meshes have been merged--and remove the BSBoneGraphExtraData branch in NifSkope and import the mesh with out it, you'll see that the flaccid state Schlong now appears erect in game but is still affected by the sway and torqueing motion.

SOSMale.hkx is referenced by the BSBoneGraphExtraData node in the nif.

That means SOSMale.hkx is the animation file that "turns" the Schlong down. Whether or not SOSMale.hkx controls the actual erection, I'm unsure.

All of the mention of .hkx files in my previous post was to serve as an example that I was trying to physically animate the Schlong bones in blender using the mt_walkforward.hkx. Which worked fine IN blender, but could not be imported because skeleton.hkx, a file needed for hkxcmd.exe to export the mt_walkforward.hkx animation from blender, does not contain any reference to Genital bones. 

But animating the SOS bones at my level is unlikely since I can't find nor know of any mod that contains a "complete" hkx with all the bones referenced. 

I believe I have XP32 Maximum Skeleton installed, and the skeleton (skeleton_female) hkx file doesn't even mention breast or pre breast or butt or pre butt nodes. And since HDT works fine on female body nifs with weight painted to breast or pre breast or butt or pre butt bones in conjunction with a proper skeleton, that tells me there is something wrong with SOS nifs that won't allow HDT to work.

@ parruyo

I downloaded romeozero's hdt+SOS.xml, changed the name to hdtm.xml, dropped it into the data\skse\plugins folder, overwrote the hdtm.xml from romeozero's HDT Havok Object files, which he had been generous enough to post them in a previous correspondence, opened JFF to see what all had been changed. It was a completely different xml than before, and I was stoked!

However, I still see nothing.

I even downloaded a ponytail hdt mod and opened it in JFF to see how it worked. I clicked on the constraints tab in JFF and noticed the hair nodes in it were not set as type: hkpGenericConstraintData but were hkpRagDollConstraints. So I meticulously hand wrote every single parameter in the constraints tab for hkpRagDollConstraints: Joint, Cone Limits, Plane Limits, Twist Limits, Euler, Axis-Angle, Matrix, Quaternion, Pivot A and B, Basis A and B! ALL OF THEM!

So I opened romeozero's original hdtm.xml and changed all of the genital bones listed under the constraints tab so that they looked JUST LIKE the parameters in the hdt ponytail mod. I even changed all genital bones listed in the Rigid Bodies tab as motion type: Motion_Sphere_Inertia to motion type: Motion_Box_Inertia JUST LIKE the hdt ponytail mod. I saved the hdtm.xml, loaded a game.

Nothing.

4 hrs for Nothing.

I've been trying to make the Schlong flop for nearly 6 months.

@ romeozero

If you have had success with floppage, floppage being that the Schlong actually moves parallel to the ground and then back down, post a vid. It sounds like you've had success, and we are missing something.

Sorry to always type so much. Dat's hows I roll.

Also, THANKS, romeozero! You have been extremely willing to help!

i already posted vids of sos hdt on youtube for fem\males and some got offended by a size of futa girl in test vid,those vids got banned by stupid people who calls themselves admins  :)

I will make small gifs later to post.I don't like 3dmx and did not completed constraints data because i worked solely in jff.

Its not have preview tab, i was waiting hydro to complete her 2.0 version with our community ideas for it.

it must be all this  for object to work

object data

jff node names to work in equip mode

Holy shit! I have results!

romezero, your original file that you posted in our correspondence contained 2 xml refrences: hdt.xml and hdtm.xml.

I removed hdt xml.

Nothing.

I then poked around on the partition under BSDismemberSkinInstance. Ah Ha! Ah Fucking Ha! the  partition was set to SBP_44, so I changed it to SPB_32. And I now see all kinds of craziness! It doesn't look good, at all, but IT IS SOMETHING!

I'll keep you posted on what all I can figure out. I'll tinker with JFF and see what other things happen with different flags and body part partitions in NifSkope.

P.S.

romeozero, post an image of Havok Object niff with the node tree fully expanded. I'd love to see what else you have done on the nif!

thanks again!

You are this moment's hero!

dont change skin ist data slot, it was made for other objects to equip,i have all in one (hdt\m.xml) stored for hairs, body, capes ,weapon, other shit.

back up yours and overwrite with what i have now,i removed mine custom skeleton nodes data from it,only def body and sos for tweaking.

Keep in mind with erections,it uses same nodes name.

If any one has had success with the SOS erection functioning properly while still having wang flop, let me know what you did. I had success with the floppage using romeozero's xml and tweaking a few things in JFF to keep the Scholng from looking like a bowl of spaghetti but the erection function did not work. It seems listing the genitals 01 thru genitals 06 nodes as Motion_Sphere_Inertia breaks or disables the animation. It seems that listing those nodes only as Motion_Key_Framed allows the erection but disables any hdt influence. 

All you need is copy-paste sos nodes in skeleton by nifskope, rename them like 'hdt sos 1-6' and  weightPaint them in 3d soft.Will have the erection and hdt on it.

Thats old xml data , you already saw that i have even custom futa body on pics, variations are many to choose to work  ;)

That's the part that confuses. Each genital node, from Genbase and scrotum to genitals01 thru genitals06 already have weight painted to them. I use blender and can see the weight paint in weight paint mode. And after tweaking Caliente's BodySlide by putting an XP32 Maximum skeleton in its folders, I can open a male body mesh with the Outfit Studio and also see the weight paint on the body mesh.

But like I've said, the only way I've managed the erection is to change Motion Type in JFF from Motion_Sphere_Inertia to Motion_KeyFramed, Yet doing so sacrifices flop and leaves any kind of waggle to the physics in the BoneLag Controller on the skeleton nif.

I've been editing the xml directly, 1: because changing any setting on the constraints tab in JFF deletes the settings on Angular Limits tab, which is really the most important part. Why JFF does that, I don't know. 2: by directly editing the xml, I've been able to edit constraints parameters without losing the settings as would happen if doing the same in JFF, and I edited the motion types of each genitals node manually to see what happens when only 1 of the genitals nodes is changed to motion_keyframed at a time. If you have the same problems I have with JFF, all of the Mass Properties default to 0 and cannot be changed. But if you edit the xml directly and then open the xml with JFF, you'll see they don't (for the most part).

What happens is that every genitals node in sequence above a node edited from sphere_inertia to keyframed loses all attributes on the xml--even though those attributes, those parameters, are still present in the xml .

Example: In the xml, I can change Motion_Sphere_Inertia on Genitals01 to Motion_KeyFramed, save, load game, and see that all the floppiness is still present because there's nothing really above Genitals01. No Erection tho.

Example2: In the xml, I can change Motion_Sphere_Inertia on Genitals03 to Motion_KeyFramed and the floppiness only occurs on the lower half of the Schlong because everything above Genitals03 (Genitals03 to Genitals01) has been locked as if they too had been changed to Motion_KeyFramed. Erection works, but everything after Genitals03 during erection (Genitals04 to Genitals06) looks like a string of bubblegum being pulled from a mouth.

Example3: In the xml, I can change Motion_Sphere_Inertia on Genitals05 to Motion_KeyFramed and erection works perfectly (for the most part), but the tip of the schlong is the only thing that seems to indicate any flop (as if Genitals05 to Genitals01 had also been set as Motion_KeyFramed--no flop).

All of that being said, I can be sure that there is weight painted to the genitals nodes because if there were no weight painted to them, there would be no interaction with hdt even if proper nodes were present on both the body nif and the skeleton nif. I learned that while trying to make the original UNP female mesh hdt compatible. And I have successfully done that simply with Caliente's BodySlide Outfit Studio by adding bones from the skeleton nif on the "base" install to the body nif, painting weight, and exporting the body nif to find that it miraculously worked perfectly, whereas in previous attempts at simply pasting nodes on the body nif that were also present on the skeleton nif didn't do the trick--because there was no weight painted to those bones (nodes) on the body niff.

So for all that I think I know, the skeleton and body nifs are not the issue. Neither is the HDT Havok Object nif and esp--in my case. I've been successfully testing my hdtm.xml edits with the esp deactivated on NMM, so--in my case--the HDT Havok Object is irrelevant. Not to say that your work is irrelevant, In fact, without your willingness to help, I'd still be at square one. And Thanks to you and your kick ass hdtm.xml, I'm at square 2!

The mystery to be solved is to make the erection work while there is flop. And since weight paint is already present, there has to be something in the xml to facilitate this insane endeavor.  

Files that i made was just an experiment when hdt come out,there's a lot of exp modders that would do it in a swift ))

i wrote before, hdt is overriding any animation that uses same bone nodes in hkx

if you want, that they work together without conflict,you need to make new bones and weightpaint them to mesh so hdt will address to the names in xml you wrote. If object don't have animations you just write name of the node you want to make it hdt in jff.

say upper arm (keyframe) > forearm (motionbox) you will get muscle vibration ( like chicks in Black Desert online :P ) ,of course they need to be weightpaint to those bones.

Trepleen continued this work and been successful in his thread ,you should wait for his release here soon.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38239-solved-3ds-max-problem-with-hdt-schlong/ 

I think I understand. I simply need to create nodes that are in the same position as nodes dedicated to the hkx on the skeleton nif, but those new nodes need to be dedicated to hdt so that both hdt and the animation hkx control the same areas on the body mesh.

I think I know how to begin this. Simply as a test, I can copy the entire genitalsbase branch on the skelton nif, and rename the pasted branch to genitalsbaseB thru genitals 06B and all of bonelag nodes likewise (or delete them). I can then dump the modified skeleton niff into Caliente's body slide to paint weight to the mesh after adding the new bones (nodes) from the skeleton into the weight paint tree.

It may sound odd to you modders that I'd use bodyslide to do this. I could do it in blender 2.49 if the program's vertex groups tab wasn't limited to only 32 vertex groups. The SOS light body nif has 30 vertex groups. I've actually been successful at adding BBB to the SOS Light body nif via bodyslide. the only draw back was the exported body nif developed massive seams at hands neck and feet.

If I can get all of this to export properly, all I have to do in the end is rename the GenBase thru Gen 06 nodes in JFF to the newly named bones and then see what happens.

I have been following Trepleen's post. It annoys me. Why? Because the project isn't done yet. I'm impatient lol.