hdt+sos

didnt know BS2 can paint , i have it and not much worked in it. Yes all is right that you wrote, hkx data have some locked position on Y axis ,so if you move bones in skeleton and paint them or create body, that would be smaller then default one, sos can look detached from the body.Keep that in mind. 

Yeah, the bummer is I don't have 3ds max. I only have blender 2.49. Blender 2.49 can only import 32 vertex groups. adding the additional 8 nodes would make the sos light nif unimportable into blender since the new mesh with the new nodes would have 38 vertex groups.

I'm currently trying to see if I can copy vertex weight on the bone list under NiSkinData in nifskope. outfit studio is supposed to be able to do that though, but every time I try to copy bone weight, the program crashes.

But I'm sure I'll find away to do it without 3d modeling since I don't have a version of 3ds max, and I don't have the cash to buy it, especially for a one time need on something like this.

Yeah, the bummer is I don't have 3ds max. I only have blender 2.49. Blender 2.49 can only import 32 vertex groups. adding the additional 8 nodes would make the sos light nif unimportable into blender since the new mesh with the new nodes would have 38 vertex groups.

I'm currently trying to see if I can copy vertex weight on the bone list under NiSkinData in nifskope. outfit studio is supposed to be able to do that though, but every time I try to copy bone weight, the program crashes.

But I'm sure I'll find away to do it without 3d modeling since I don't have a version of 3ds max, and I don't have the cash to buy it, especially for a one time need on something like this.

You know, you can download 3Ds Max for free by signing into their website and getting the 3-year free student license.

autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max

Hope it helps you.

Thanks alexof! I'll look into it! I tried that once before, but then I backed out because it felt a bit sketchy.

@ romerozero

Maybe you're the second person, besides me to realize that. I don't hear too much about Caliente's BodySlide being a real viable tool, when it actually is genius. If you simply load a body mesh into the program's outfit studio, you can paint weight AND you can add bones directly to the body mesh. That's how I made my BBBP UNP body nif. It has full belly butt and breast support. Click export nif, and you're done. Takes five minutes.

if you open Caliente Tools file folder (for me, that folder is in data folder), then open the folder where the bodyslide exe is, you'll see a file folder called "res." Inside are 3 skeleton files: skeleton_vanilla.nif, skeleton_female_xpms.nif, and SkeletonBlank.nif. What I did to make the SOS Light version malebody_0 / 01 importable was copy the female skeleton nif (which is xp32 maximum--has SOS nodes) from my meshes folder, paste it, delete skeleton_female_xpms, and rename the pasted female skeleton nif to skeleton_female_xpms.nif, and SOS was importable.

If you don't do that, Outfit Studio won't recognize the genitals nodes. I have attempted various ways to make this work before I learned to paste a skeleton with full bone support. One way was to use the SOS Light skeleton as an existing slider set when creating a new project in Outfit Studio--regardless that it refers to an xml in the prompt header. then I loaded the SOS body nif from file, and it imported fine, but when I exported the nif with new weight paints and opened it in nifskope, the nif file was empty. Meaning I could open it, but the image window was black with no actual nif displayed.

Of course since then, I've learned that the skeleton reference in Caliente's Body Slide was the key.

My problem is two fold though. One: when I export the body mesh, it is scaled for some reason. I THINK that may be due to the fact that when I downloaded the XP32 Maximum mod, the fomod allows you to choose whether you're a female or male character. I play female, so I think the mod applied a slightly scaled female skeleton. For whatever reason, I can extract none of the files from the .rar where the mod is packed. And this may be where my scaling issue is coming from. I'm gonna have to search AGAIN, for a standard fully compatible skeleton. I just forget the author of it.

Second issue: It's difficult to exactly copy weight paint on new nodes. In Outfit Studio, there is an option to copy bone weight paint, but every time I try, the program crashes. If any of what I've been saying makes sense, try it out and tell me what you find. Hell, I'f you know some of these mod authors, poke one of them in the side to get Caliente back on BodySlide. Caliente wrote in the readme that there was basically no more investment going to be made in BodySlide. that's sad for newbs like me who don't have the skills to properly navigate and utilize a 3d software.

On a side note, I used the original skeleton_female_xpms reference skeleton in bodyslide to make UNP BBP. No clipping issues. 

P.S.

The skeleton is scaled. Caliente's original skeleton_female_xpms.nif, as far as I see NOW, is scaled at 1 on both NiNode NPC [5] and NiNiode NPC Root. my XP32 Maximum is scaled at 1.35 on NiNode NPC [5] and 0.5790 on NPC Root. The bad news is I have to go through all of the bones on XP32 Maximum and compare scale floats. :(

I don't think I have the most current hdt for the mod. DL via NMM caused instant CTD. Description indicates there no erection in file. I assume by looking at file structure that there is possibly improper file structure regarding SOS. There is also no BGED in the nif for the male genitals to access SOS Aux Bones hkx. If this file is intended for full version of SOS, it is not indicated. The author may have made it work for HIS game but failed to account for other users.

There is only reference to HDT Penis in skeleton tree, which I assume will not be recognized by the SOS hkx. That may be why there is no erection in file. I also assume if there is no esp to reference an SOS addon according to author's revamped SOS file structure. In SOS there is no file path that directs to ...SOS\GRworks HDT Willy in the esp.

Nonetheless, I have made several successful tirades into SOS HDT using BodySlide. I found that that there may be no actual need to put HDT effects on each genitals node. Doing it for one or two nodes may be sufficient. 

I was able to fix the seam issue by replacing skeleton_female_xpms in the res folder in bodyslide with one of b3lisario's skeletons (with added renamed bones by me) and renaming it skeleton_female_xpms in the res folder. Floppiness is there in animation, and erection animation works sort of. I'm still trying to tweak the weight painting. I will keep SOS GRworks for future reference.

Your method of renaming existing nodes for HDT to work in conjunction with hkx is the best route. Once I get the xml to work the way I want it to, I may have something to submit to the community--with other permissions of course.