Eye candy graphics in Oblivion

I started this therad to discuss everything regarding graphic improvements.

Obviously any of us wants Oblivion to look as good as it can and to run smoothly at the same time. I tested a lot of mods changing about anything, including water, weather, grass, textures, blur, spell effects, better lighs, shadows and other stuff. However there are multiple mods doing the same, like Weather - All Natural and Enhanced Weather. It would be good to share our opinions about them. Also I suggest that we should post here mods that we find best in their class. I start with mod enhancing water - OBGE Liquid Water. It makes water absolutely perfect, close to reality as it can be on Oblivion engine. Here are some pictures:

37825-5-1301668718.jpg

37825-1-1302667464.jpg

37825-2-1302667465.jpg

OBGE Liquid Water is great mod but not for me all I got from him was constant CTD near water :P

Maybe you are running wrong version of OBGE or something, I have no clue :P Anyway what other mods are you using?

OBGE water doesn't like (ironically enough) the OBGE core and shaders. Basically, the shaders provided by the water mod doesn't like the shader packages by OBGE and hence problems. I haven't had that many problems with the water mod but the OBGE core and shader package was a headache to diagnose though. Consistent CTD and as well as failure to load Oblivion past the intro video. >>

Good thread :)

I always wanted to install this water shader, and it seems there's a trick to make it work with obge shaders...

---

CAUTION : From SMALL to BIG fps hits on non high end machines.

Another great mod, a compilation of mods, more precisely, is Unique Landscapes Compilation

It changes a lot of places all over the world, to make them truly unique, and beautiful  :D

Exploration is much more fun with that mod!

1937011219513857jpgge2k.jpg  1937021219513621jpg2w5s.jpg

1937021219513857jpgciaj.jpg  1937051219513858jpgogvf.jpg

Obviously any of us wants Oblivion to look as good as it can and to run smoothly at the same time. I tested a lot of mods changing about anything' date=' including water, weather, grass, textures, blur, spell effects, better lighs, shadows and other stuff. However there are multiple mods doing the same, like Weather - All Natural and Enhanced Weather.

[/quote']

I personally favor All Natural, more complete, less buggy and easily configurable...

---

CAUTION : From NO to SMALL fps hits on non high end machines.

I suggest Animated Window Lighting System and Chimneys, which simulate life inside house, by turning lights on at night, and making chimneys run...

1962811234226156jpgifrf.jpg  1962811234862796jpgg8e3.jpg

CAUTION : From NO to SMALL fps hits on non high end machines.

I haven't finished yet  ;)

I present you Harvest Flora, a great mod, which simulate the harvest of flora by changing their apparency before and after harvesting...

203721194215848jpguipg.jpg  203731194215848jpgsc6c.jpg

----

And with that, a small collection of mods to make flora more beautiful!

Improved Doors and Flora

Improved Trees and Flora

Improved Trees and Flora 2

Improved Fruits Vegetables and Meats

(if you use Harvest Flora) : Improved Flora Harvest Fix

I have made an omod which combine all of these 5 mods, including the harvest fix :)

85001190449148jpg2gfr.JPG  1048721249408635jpgh0sl.JPG

1189111221546553jpgpek5.JPG  1189121221546554jpg23ay.JPG

@Ofinfin

And small notice *most of the mods kill your FPS* :P

Well' date=' it depends on the computer used... but, you're right, I'll add a warning about them.

I stopped at RTNM, ABWv7 and OBGE 2.0 with just 2 shaders...and population increasing mods for the cities and roads.

RTNM http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38204 AWESOME!

Is that really more beautiful, or as beautiful as QTP3?

That's the one I'm using right now, and while OBGE Liquid Water is ahead, it's still one of the best water fix...

Is that really more beautiful, or as beautiful as QTP3?

What is QTP3? The RTNM adds great texturing to the walls, ground, wood items, some armor and

many of the interior items you see in oblivion. You may even notice objects that you didn't see before just because they stand out after applying RTNM.

That's the one I'm using right now, and while OBGE Liquid Water is ahead, it's still one of the best water fix...

I agree! I wanted to try the OBGE water but didn't want to fight with the shaders since I love my OBGEv2.0 shaders for Godrays and better FOV effects.

Is that really more beautiful' date=' or as beautiful as QTP3?

[/quote']

What is QTP3? The RTNM adds great texturing to the walls, ground, wood items, some armor and

many of the interior items you see in oblivion. You may even notice objects that you didn't see before just because they stand out after applying RTNM.

Qarl's Texture Pack 3 - Redimized

Awesome, but a little heavy on my machine...

Qarl's texture pack tends to favour any PC that has the raw grunt to do it. So a high powered CPU at least 3.6GHz, 4GB RAM and as well as any mid-range video card will do. My PC gets through but starts to chug when there's a lot going on. Probably because of the single core engine. :(

Qarl's texture pack tends to favour any PC that has the raw grunt to do it. So a high powered CPU at least 3.6GHz' date=' 4GB RAM and as well as any mid-range video card will do. My PC gets through but starts to chug when there's a lot going on. Probably because of the single core engine. :(

[/quote']

YIKES!! Now that is a beast of a PC! I only have a 2.4 dual core AMD Processor and 3gb of ram with a 1gb ATI Radeon video card.

I'll stick with RTNM... ;D

I thought Oblivion only takes advantage of one core though?

Qarl's texture pack tends to favour any PC that has the raw grunt to do it. So a high powered CPU at least 3.6GHz' date=' 4GB RAM and as well as any mid-range video card will do. My PC gets through but starts to chug when there's a lot going on. Probably because of the single core engine. :(

[/quote']

YIKES!! Now that is a beast of a PC! I only have a 2.4 dual core AMD Processor and 3gb of ram with a 1gb ATI Radeon video card.

I'll stick with RTNM... ;D

I thought Oblivion only takes advantage of one core though?

Well, having a 3GHz dual Core is better than a 3GHz single core.... setting that aside, the game make some improvements with multicore, over multiple patches, but is designed originally to work on 1 core.

So, for example, 3GHzx2 is way better than 2GHzx4...

That's why intel turbo mod is great :)