Eye candy graphics in Oblivion

Drivers only do a partial increase as I upgraded my drivers and Oblivion got a decent increase.

I'm using the Optimised QTP3 which is the Redimized and as well as the custom LOD loaded.

Previously, I had the full pack and as well as custom LOD designed for QTP3. Beautiful to look at but chugs badly because there was just too much for the CPU to load even for a Phenom II quad core at 3.6GHz... >>

And Ofinfin, the engine is still a single core underneath. True multi-core capabilities only came into the engine when Fallout 3 came out. Other than that, sweet f*ck all.

My comp was pretty much built with rendering multiple pieces of CG art, or having multiple art programs open at the sametime, while be able to actually finish off art digitally ( Wacom ect ect ) with that in mind, it apparently played Crysis with max settings with around 40-50FPS, which was pretty good. But when it runs into say games like ARMA 2, it likes to say 'fuck off, I hate you' and all that.

Regardless, having a quad core with 3GHz per core, 6gb of ram and four Geforce GTX 580s, each being 1.5gigs - of course I only have three in sli, but it damn helps when having huge ass textures and normal maps. Still, a mid-range comp can run such quite easily, just depends on the graphics card really, as my second computer has 2.5ghz quad core with 4gbs of ram and 1 Geforce 330, thats 1gig of graphics. That runs QTP3 like a charm still, but does run into some sluggish moments when it gets hefty ingame.

And Ofinfin' date=' the engine is still a single core underneath. True multi-core capabilities only came into the engine when Fallout 3 came out. Other than that, sweet f*ck all.

[/quote']

Oblivion has limited multicore enhancements.

And don't forget that the system runs too.

That's why I said that a 3.0GHz dual core is better than a 3.0GHz monocore :)

Guest TheEvilestTwin

I'm using pretty much all of these except the OBGE water mod on a GTX460 and a Core2Duo E8400, and I'm still running pretty smoothly.

I'd run OBGE water but I like my HDR.  It also doesn't support the Celshader Edge AA OBGE shader, which I use to simulate AA (OBGE doesn't work on Nvidia cards with AA =/), as it works a lot better than than NormalFilterAA when configured correctly.

Regardless' date=' having a quad core with 3GHz per core, 6gb of ram and four Geforce GTX 580s, each being 1.5gigs. [/quote']

OMG, I think I just drooled.

My second computer has 2.5ghz quad core with 4gbs of ram and 1 Geforce 330, thats 1gig of graphics. That runs QTP3 like a charm still, but does run into some sluggish moments when it gets hefty ingame.

That's my setup, but with an ATI 4850 for the vid card and 3gb of ram.

Guest TheEvilestTwin

Ugh, it seems the ugly LOD ground textures still ruin even the most modded setups.  4096x4096 LOD kill my system too much, and are of a marginal improvement at best.

Is there some way to get the ground textures to not use LOD textures until farther away?  Ie, let the game engine stick with the close range textures for a longer range.

And Ofinfin' date=' the engine is still a single core underneath. True multi-core capabilities only came into the engine when Fallout 3 came out. Other than that, sweet f*ck all.

[/quote']

Oblivion has limited multicore enhancements.

And don't forget that the system runs too.

That's why I said that a 3.0GHz dual core is better than a 3.0GHz monocore :)

Nope. I haven't seen, let alone encounter any multi-core instructions in CS. I've had my Task Manager open during a game and it uses Single core for me. And it doesn't use dual core unless I specify to do so. Even so, the second core remains untouched.

Only in the Xbox360 version and to some extent, the PS3 version does it have true multi-core capabilities given the nature of the console.

Considering my machine is based around gaming mostly and as well as some complex calculations for work, it does the job well. Hopefully the upgrades I'll get for it will be worth it. After all, having an SSD, a Radeon HD 6950 and as well as a new motherboard sitting here isn't doing my sanity any good. OBGE seems to hate my graphics as it crashes straight off the boat and the water shaders makes the world so good to look at.

It's been resized but it gives you the sense of how big the world is here:

314wgev.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OBGEv3 is out!

Among the new shaders is MLDAA!  You can finally get good AA with Nvidia cards while running OBGE now!

OBGEv3 Liquid water is also out, now it plays nice with the other shaders.  The performance seems pretty good too.  Right now the only thing killing my system seems to be the QTP3.  I'm using the redimized version, and I still need to set it to medium with all my other mods I'm running. 

OBGEv3 is nice but it causes npcs to randomly flicker and somehow breaks dialog initiation for me (screen pauses but no menus are shown).

THANK YOU! I've been trying to figure out why most of my NPCs were doing that! And it also made a few other mods not work. Again thank you even though you didn't mean to help anyone haha.

OBGEv3 is out!

Among the new shaders is MLDAA!  You can finally get good AA with Nvidia cards while running OBGE now!

OBGEv3 Liquid water is also out' date=' now it plays nice with the other shaders.  The performance seems pretty good too.  Right now the only thing killing my system seems to be the QTP3.  I'm using the redimized version, and I still need to set it to medium with all my other mods I'm running.

[/quote']

OBGE is awesome, but everytime I use night eye or similar spell, half of the screen turns into water :/ even indoors with no water around