Squished/Crached/Short/Fat fingers <solved>

(Sorry for my English, it is not my first language)

This is fix for squished fingers issue during SexLab animations.

Fixed version of SexLab animations: animations fingers fix.zip

Installaiton

Extract archive into Skyrim folder. Would be better to backup your SexLab animations first, just in case. Or you can use mod manager for installation.

About issue

The issue looks like on this screenshots, which was taken from different themes on this forum:

post-567314-0-65376500-1412792627_thumb.jpgpost-567314-0-26332500-1412792636_thumb.jpgpost-567314-0-59500800-1412792643_thumb.jpgpost-567314-0-92064600-1412792699_thumb.jpg

What cause the issue ?

I nearly sure that this is done by NifTools plugin for 3dsMax. I have noticed many times that it is buggy in some cases during import and export animations, not every time, but it can change or break animaiton. So, you should double check your animation after export. Or use Havok Contents Tool. This is why I didn't use 3dsMax for fixing this issue.

List of fixed animations

Animations are from SexLab v.159b.

Rough Missionary
Arrok Missionary
AP Bed Missionary
AP Holding Leg Up Fuck
AP Leg Up Fuck
Rough Behind
Rough Doggy Style
Arrok DoggyStyle
Ap DoggyStyle
Arrok Cowgirl
Arrok Reverse Cowgirl
AP Cowgirl
Arrok Sideway Fuck
AP Shoulder
Standing Fuck
Arrok Hugfuck
Arrok Standing Fuck
AP Standing
AP Anal
AP Face Down Anal
Arrok Blowjob
Arrok 69
AP Blowjob
AP Kneeling Blowjob
AP Standing Blowjob
AP Handjob
AP Skull Fuck
Arrok Boobjob
AP Boobjob
Arrok Foreplay
Arrok Sitting Foreplay
Arrok Standing Foreplay
AP Female Masturbation
Arrok Lesbian
AP Fisting
Arrock Devils Threeway
Arrok Tricycle 

If you want to fix animation by yourself

I heard that some other animations have this issue, one of the Sexy Idle for example. If you want to fix them yourself you can use this tutorial:

Animation fingers fix tutorial.pdf

If some people can vouch that this fixes fingers and doesn't negatively affect anything else visually, such as hand no longer properly animating during animation; I'll roll the fixed animations into the next release of SexLab.

I'll give them a shot. The finger issue drives me up the wall, but I had no idea what caused it. I am curious about the file sizes being ten times smaller than the originals, though. 

Edit: It appears to be working. The hands are still in their original poses and seem to animate properly, but the fingers aren't crushed anymore.

Why are the file sizes so much smaller than the originals? It's a factor of ten for some of the animations.

If some people can vouch that this fixes fingers and doesn't negatively affect anything else visually, such as hand no longer properly animating during animation; I'll roll the fixed animations into the next release of SexLab.

This fix should not negatively affect hands animating, because I changed keys only for fingers and I didn't touch other bones, except couple of animations(Rough Doggy Style and something else), where I fixed weird hand torsion, which was caused by one broken key in hand bones. The only thing that I worry about is BBP and TBBP animations, which I could miss during convertations, because of wrong skeleton or something else. I'm not sure how they works, and are they contained in animation file or not ? So, this thing(BBP and TBBP animations) need to be tested.

Why are the file sizes so much smaller than the originals? It's a factor of ten for some of the animations.

I think that bigger ones animations (>200K) were made using Havok Contents Tool. It always produce bigger files, I think because it makes keys for all bones for every frame. And hkxcmd deletes the same keys during convertation. If you just convert such animation using hkxcmd to kf-format and then back to hkx-format without any changes, you will get file ten times smaller.

This fix should not negatively affect hands animating, because I changed keys only for fingers and I didn't touch other bones, except couple of animations(Rough Doggy Style and something else), where I fixed weird hand torsion, which was caused by one broken key in hand bones. The only thing that I worry about is BBP and TBBP animations, which I could miss during convertations, because of wrong skeleton or something else. I'm not sure how they works, and are they contained in animation file or not ? So, this thing(BBP and TBBP animations) need to be tested.

I think that bigger ones animations (>200K) were made using Havok Contents Tool. It always produce bigger files, I think because it makes keys for all bones for every frame. And hkxcmd deletes the same keys during convertation. If you just convert such animation using hkxcmd to kf-format and then back to hkx-format without any changes, you will get file ten times smaller.

I have no problem with BBP/TBBP animations. However, I use HDT physics. 

I have done further testing (the most scientific way to say "I made my skyrim character have sex using mods"), and confirmed - this seems to work completely, on every fixed animation, with no side effects at all. 

Someone give this one a cookie. 

• 2 months later...

I have this problem after cleaning Skyrim folder.
I delete next mods:

Animated Prostitution
ZaZ Animation pack

Wear and Tear
Warmbody
zarians restraints

zzArmormeshup(idk what is it)

and update SexLab from 1.59b to 1.59c

complete pack SexLab and new FNIS(i try check and uncheck Skeleton arm fix)) wont help

I install this fix and bingo! Thanks a loot!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...