What are the best combat animations

randompeep

As the title states, what animations- whether a single file or a compilation of different files maintain stability while giving Skyrim a new violent vibe?

I'm really asking for the more manly combat animations, as I play a male PC in this game. I've tried a couple of combinations from other mods, but some of the animations sequences jitter or stutter- unnaturally.

Sometimes the animations will decide to not play at all, and I'll have to reload a save to restore them. I use a variety of animations from different mods as I've said, and the results were less than fulfilling. I tried getting PCEA to work, but I failed. The animations appeared to be reserved for me but the jitter/stutter persisted.

So my question is this, what animations are you using? If they are wonderfully optimized or otherwise playable could you direct me to them, or upload them somewhere (preferably media fire)?

I use Mystic Knight for most armed movement and readied stances, and I've mixed it with one of the sneak animation packs I liked (wish I could remember which, but it's a popular one), and for archery, New Animations for Elegant Archers . I use odd bits of Immersive Animations here and there too. 

Really it's a trial and error thing. For me the best approach was to find a complete and consistent package, then find individual anims that fit in well with that regime. Obvious examples of things that don't work I just reject and move on to something else, stuff like the Zweihander 2h over the shoulder stance may look cool, but I don't like the transition to forward movement. You just have to test in game until you get the right combination.

edit: I'd also add in case you don't already,  it's good practice to create your own zip file of animations, call it 'My Anims' or something. Consider it a work in progress and add to it as you find combinations that work for you. That works better than installing a whole bunch of animation mods that overwrite each other and probably cause FNIS to get it's knickers in a twist. 

Thank you for the response, it prompted me to download those files. :) I have a question, to reset the animations or restore them to the default ones- what would you to do? Will the game recreate everything that was base game if I delete the correct animation folders?

You might know about BSAs (Bethesda Softworks Archives) already, but in case you don't, when you first install Skyrim it comes with a bunch of them, and the files they contain get superseded by the (loose) files that come with mods.

To get Skyrim back to default you'd need to uninstall all animation mods you've added since Skyrim was installed. 

Don't forget to check inside the actual vanilla Skyrim animations BSA.

There are actually lots of unused animations in there: Jabs, right crosses, body blows, etc.

I personally feel they're better than what the game gives you to play with.

Unpack, rename, have at it. 

Archived