Squishy terrain

KainsChylde

I've had this problem off and on for a long time and just rolled with it, but enough is enough. I keep randomly having an issue where, for lack of a better term, terrain loses collision. I'll fall through rocks or buildings, I'll be walking along and suddenly start bouncing up and down, I'll start walking up an invisible ramp then suddenly fall, etc. Saving and reloading usually fixes it, but what causes it to begin with? Is this just a vanilla gamebryo glitch, or a conflict of some sort? I'm attaching a load order because its the thing to do, but I've had it happen with drastically different loadouts too.

Load Order

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Strangers Abroad.esm
Novac Public Library.esm
NVEC Complete.esm
More Perks.esm
jokristinascloset.esm
MojaveReborn.esp
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
KainsArmory.esm
CoitoErgoSum.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
SexoutStore.esm
T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
Lings.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
NVWillow.esp
NVEC Complete Lings Patch.esp
New Vegas Error Corrections Extras.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Lean Starting Gear - All-In-One.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
HighlyPopulatedFreeside.esp
PNxTestRoomAccess.esp
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two per level.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
LevelersHouse.esp
xatmosSkillPerks.esp
pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
ARESproject.esp
CASM with MCM.esp
SexoutNCR.esp
SexoutKings.esp
SexoutFiends.esp
SexoutPowderGangers.esp
Sexout- CES.esp
SexoutSpunk.esp
SexoutRapist.esp
SexoutSex.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
SexoutKhans.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
SexoutConsequences.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
Skynet Companion.esp
NVEC-Expansion-ElectroCity.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
1nivPNSLPatch.esp
Distributed Necklaces and Chains Neck Seam Concealer.esp
NCR Rearmament v1.5.esp
Type 6.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Inventory Sorters Compatibility Patch - RegularCATEYEvalue.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp
CNR_Beta.esp
NVEC PN COMBO Patch.esp
NVEC-Expansion-CNR.esp
Bulk Ammo For NVEC.esp
TheSinkRemodel.esp
WillowRecipeIngredients.esp
AssaultPhaser.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
MergePatch.esp

Total active plugins: 89
Total plugins: 89

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I would only be guessing, but It sounds like you have a mod, or mods that have dirty edits in them, the Modder did not properly clean them, or you edited them in the Geck, and in the process added dirty edits to the mod.

Mods for the most part thanks to "FNVEdit" are actually very easy to clean, but some mods can be destroyed from this cleaning, though I have seldom ran into that, you can mess a mod up by cleaning it, if it used some neat little home made NVSE plugin, ot third party scripting helper.

0. Be sure to make a back up, of the Original file before doing this, incase it messes something up

1. open FNVEdit

2. right click on the mods because they are all checked, and in the menu select None. this uncheck marks all the mods.

3. Select a mod you wish to check, and place a check in that mod only. and click Okay

4. once it has loaded,It will load all the dependant mods with it, but you only want to highlight the mod you loaded in the left hand list.

5. right click on that mod, and select "apply filter for cleaning" let it finish.

6. now right click it again, and select "remove identical master records"

7. you get awarning, wait a moment and the right button is made active, then select it.

8. once that is finished, right click the mod again, and select "undelete and disable references"

9. Your done, close the program, and the option to save is show, if there were any major changes.

I had to do this with a few mods I got from here, there would be places where grass was floating 4 foot out of the ground, and other minor problems, with a few mods I got here, but over all the mods here have been pretty clean.

anyway you might have to clean quite a few mods before you find the culprit, and This may not even be your problem. But Be sure to Back up the ESP, or ESM before cleaning them

Dirty edits can cause many problems, like you are discribing, but you could have another problem.

I am only trying to help :blush:

PS>> Yes it could be load order too, but I am to new to FONV to be much help with that.

Archived