Sexlab+skeleton and the fear of SOS

introgauge

This one just seems to cryptic to do a search, plus I don't seem to get the right combination of answers when I do find something about this.

I don't use SOS with sexlab for fear of it screwing up my game, which it has done twice now. sos light and regular. but I don't just wanna give up and use the regular nudesuit either.

How do I use SOS without any problems? right now it's sitting in my nexus mod manager disabled. but I don't dare enable it. So what do I do?

My biggest fear is that I will haveto save over a skeleton, and then everthing screws up. cause I managed to get every mod working that gave me trouble at this point. and then SOS screws it all up. 

There's that skeleton that supposedly is combatible with SOS, 

XPMSplusSOSplusSMS Skeleton - SMSplusSOS            

but, I either didn't save this skeleton right, and it still gave me a crappy time, or, I don't know. any help with a procedure on this would be amazing.

Is that all? use Loot after install of SOS? gotta admit, I actually used to not do this before, until I just made it excuse to use loot and finis after every mod loaded and everything worked out.

If this is the case, what is that skeleton that is compatible with SOS for? do I install that right after SOS?

I don't have any special skeleton fix installed, like the position of the quiver or anything. just to say.-

I suppose what I'm really asking is, what is the procedure to make that work? 

.....oh, I have that skeleton already.

still though, do I enable SOS and then what? when it asks to overwrite the skeleton just let it? oh god, I'm so scared....

I've read too many things that say SOS conflicts with. 

k, it says overwrite skeleton.nif from realistic ragdolls and force....that's from actors/werewolfbeast.../

LOL, I'm pretty much gonna let it sit there until I get an answer, oh god I'm so pathetic.

k, apparently I've installed everything that's needs to be downloaded from the nexus SOS site that suggests it. but it doesn't say anything about overwriting.

OK, I just hit yes on the werewolfbeast, but here's the real issue, actorutil.pex, it wants to overwrite it. Now I've done this before and it pretty much makes papyrus from sexlab v159 not work. and I have to enable papyrus 2.7

god, I just have issues with this, cause last time I messed around with this it made all the horses in the game static and I had to reinstall skyrim.

If you have last versions of Sexlab and XPMS extended running correctly,

install SOS and say no to overwrite any file but the werewolf beast skeleton.

Files from other mods should be overwritten unless you know what you are doing.

so far this seems to have worked. :)

this is what I did, I've overwritten the werewolf beast nif and said no to all the pex files and did a shot in the dark and said yes with the rest of the nif files that it suggested to overwrite. and it seemed to have worked.

I use Mod Organizer, and tried SOS for a bit, but it did result in some instability that I didn't like. That combined with all the files which were overwriting or being overwritten by Sexlab and XPMSE, and I decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

It seems to me that SOS could be cleaned up to work with these other mods rather than having so many file conflicts, but I'm no modder so my opinion doesn't carry much weight. ^_^ I do know that someone else is working on a successor to SOS, so maybe that will resolve these issues if it ever sees the light of day.

Archived