NMM or FOMM and why?

Toatedsnow

I've been using NMM for my skyrim mods and although I will readily recognize the issues presented by NMM it's never really been a deal breaker for me considering I keep staggered backups around whenever I play Skyrim.

Recently though I was debating the merits of replaying F:NV again and I notice that a lot of mods heavily advise using FOMM and many only make token mention (if any) of the NMM - for good reason too, considering that NMM wasn't really around in any reliable form during F:NV days.

Which brings me to my question - is there, with regards to the current releases (of both FOMM and NMM), any appreciable difference between the two? I am aware that FOMM has more ancillary options but most of my mod installations will likely be all or nothing.

Moreover, if FOMM is used, will it conflict with NMM for the purposes of F:NV? I won't be using both mod managers for the game mind, but if I keep NMM for skyrim and install FOMM for F:NV, will the two play nicely? Heard a bit of hearsay somewhere that the two managers are testy vis-a-vis the other.

Cheers

This should of been posted in the fallout3/fallout New Vegas area and not the general tech support area as it has nothing to do with fallout3/fallout New Vegas. The general area is for anything that does not already have their own areas. 

To answer your question use FOMM for fallout New Vegas OBMM for oblivion as NMM does not install shit correctly and can break stuff. Only thing I have ever used NMM for is skyrim but mine is a older build that never goes online or gets updated.

To answer your question use FOMM for fallout New Vegas OBMM for oblivion as NMM does not install shit correctly and can break stuff. Only thing I have ever used NMM for is skyrim but mine is a older build that never goes online or gets updated.

Yep.. :D

and when / if someone can and is willing move to MO for Skyrim I advise it. Most members here and on many other sites other than Nexus use it for their Skyrim modding. Only other option for Oblivion would be Wyre Bash if OBMM isn't something your interested in. ( Seriously.. don't let Nexus access to the web.. seriously don't. There has been all kinds of bad reports and info on things happening r/t this.) I don't know if there is a option to truly turn off the web part of NMM so it might be a risk even now.

In reality use what you want. If you aren't having any problems good for you. Continue using NMM however if it is a mod that is hosted here you will get limited support as most of the mod developers use FOMM and can test and have tested for FOMM not NMM . It is what they use, it is what they support.

Archived