dreamtourist's Body by Race Mod

dreamtourist

Okay so I'm hopeful that this mod can solve a huge problem. That is' date=' using certain armors retextures for specific races. I'm using UNP for all elves, CBBE for Imperials and Bretons, 4rB for Nords (and all males), and CHSBHC for Orcs.

Playing around with this to see which make the most sense from an immersion perspective. I tried your mod and gave up due to the loli issues. The 4RB guy made a plugin that separates each body type out and it works great. However I'd like to use your armor mod so that I can have UNP retexts for my elve's armor, CHSBHC armor for orcs and all barmaids, and Killer Keos skimpy for the imperials and Bretons.

Does your CustomArmor.esp function indipendently and if so, how do i use it? Where do I put the different armors?

[/quote']

-I suggest you read the CustomArmor changelog to understand what it really does.

Okay. Read it. If I understand correctly, your mod does not do what i hoped it did, namely rendering custom armors to match the body type assigned for a race. Killer Keos made a great skimpy set for Cbbe and there's a derivitive set that works with cherry's bod, but so far I have not found a way that I can have both of those in game and only appearing on the bodies that match them as assigned by your mod. So since I'm using UNP for elves, if an elf puts on a CHSBHC optimized armor, the body mesh changes and the body texture stays UNP, which looks terrible. I hope someone and come up with as solution.

It should be possible by opening the armor in the CK, double clik the model (Lower right corner, to the left of the script part) in the right cornerish (will open the armoraddon for the armor), here you can select wich races can use that model. Then you can make an alternative model and select the other races that would use that model..

This will not scale the model to the body per se, but will lett you have different models for different races.

If you open ArmorAddon you can create new ones (example for dragonscale):

Current Model: DragonplateCuirassAA

Make new ones called DragonplateCuirassAANord and so on... In those you just select the race you want to use that model (link to where you place it) and then you can add these in the armor again, remember to remove the one currently there. This should force Skyrim to place different models on different races.

Disclaimer: I have not tried to do this since I run a completely unmodded game thus far, but it looks viable in the CK...

EDIT:

I just saw that the game allready does this with helmets, so it is a viable way to do it.

Only problem is that if you were to make a mod do it all races would need a set body from the start, not a open system like here where you can pick and choose wich bodytype you want to use on each race.

Okay so I'm hopeful that this mod can solve a huge problem. That is' date=' using certain armors retextures for specific races. I'm using UNP for all elves, CBBE for Imperials and Bretons, 4rB for Nords (and all males), and CHSBHC for Orcs.

Playing around with this to see which make the most sense from an immersion perspective. I tried your mod and gave up due to the loli issues. The 4RB guy made a plugin that separates each body type out and it works great. However I'd like to use your armor mod so that I can have UNP retexts for my elve's armor, CHSBHC armor for orcs and all barmaids, and Killer Keos skimpy for the imperials and Bretons.

Does your CustomArmor.esp function indipendently and if so, how do i use it? Where do I put the different armors?

[/quote']

-I suggest you read the CustomArmor changelog to understand what it really does.

Okay. Read it. If I understand correctly, your mod does not do what i hoped it did, namely rendering custom armors to match the body type assigned for a race. Killer Keos made a great skimpy set for Cbbe and there's a derivitive set that works with cherry's bod, but so far I have not found a way that I can have both of those in game and only appearing on the bodies that match them as assigned by your mod. So since I'm using UNP for elves, if an elf puts on a CHSBHC optimized armor, the body mesh changes and the body texture stays UNP, which looks terrible. I hope someone and come up with as solution.

It should be possible by opening the armor in the CK, double clik the model (Lower right corner, to the left of the script part) in the right cornerish (will open the armoraddon for the armor), here you can select wich races can use that model. Then you can make an alternative model and select the other races that would use that model..

This will not scale the model to the body per se, but will lett you have different models for different races.

Make new ones called DragonplateCuirassAANord and so on... In those you just select the race you want to use that model (link to where you place it) and then you can add these in the armor again, remember to remove the one currently there. This should force Skyrim to place different models on different races.

Disclaimer: I have not tried to do this since I run a completely unmodded game thus far, but it looks viable in the CK...

EDIT:

I just saw that the game allready does this with helmets, so it is a viable way to do it.

Only problem is that if you were to make a mod do it all races would need a set body from the start, not a open system like here where you can pick and choose wich bodytype you want to use on each race.

How to achieve what you want:

-In the data/meshes/ folder, make alternate folders for you race's armor/clothes.

-Chuck all the vanila version nifs in there.

-Overwrite those with the modded versions you want your race to use.

-Open Custom Armor in CK

-Goto Armor

-Open one of them(ARMO), double click it's ARMA/model.

-In the ARMA, change the race at the top to the one your making a custom Armor&Clothing set for.

-In the rightside column, remove all but the vampire version of that race.

-Change the location of the used nif for male/female to where you've placed the race's version of the armor/colthes.

-Rename the new ARMA, click OK and save it.

-In the same ARMO, change the race at the top to the one your editing.

-Delete the default ARMA it uses.

-Add the new one you made.

-Click OK and save the ARMO.

-Rinse and Repeat for every Armor/Clothing you want separated for that race.

Unfortunately, I won't be doing this anytime soon for my mod.

Since, I'm perfectly happy using Caliente's body with Cherry's BBB and their versions of the armors.

Anyone with the motivation to see the work done, is welcome to use my mod as a base to start off on.

Have Fun Modding.:P

And don't forget to "play" Skyrim!

Can you make a file without the changes to the children?

-I'll release a version with vanilla body playable children.

The vanilla body is what I was looking for. Thanks. I was looking at doing something similar to what you have done. So I will have to take a look at those ESP files.

[/quote']

EDIT:

How to achieve what you want:

-In the data/meshes/ folder, make alternate folders for you race's armor/clothes.

-Chuck all the vanila version nifs in there.

-Overwrite those with the modded versions you want your race to use.

-Open Custom Armor in CK

-Goto Armor

-Open one of them(ARMO), double click it's ARMA/model.

-In the ARMA, change the race at the top to the one your making a custom Armor&Clothing set for.

-Change the location of the used nif for male/female to where you've placed the race's version of the armor/colthes.

-In the same ARMO, change the race at the top to the one your editing.

-Add the new one you made.

-Click OK and save the ARMO.

-Rinse and Repeat for every Armor/Clothing you want separated for that race.

Unfortunately, I won't be doing this anytime soon for my mod.

Since, I'm perfectly happy using Caliente's body with Cherry's BBB and their versions of the armors.

Anyone with the motivation to see the work done, is welcome to use my mod as a base to start off on.

Have Fun Modding.:P

And don't forget to "play" Skyrim!

Thanks for that little tutorial. But please clarify that the result of this would be a single armor, which I could trade to a follower of another race (with a different body) . ...like the helmets.

Thanks for that little tutorial. But please clarify that the result of this would be a single armor' date=' which I could trade to a follower of another race (with a different body) . ...like the helmets.

[/quote']

Lets say, you did this to the Ebony Armor set.

You made a separate set for the Breton race females.

If your character ingame was an Imperial, wearing ebony armor would use the default ebony armor model.

Give that same ebony armor, to your female Breton follower and she will use the separate set for the Ebony Armor.

Thanks for that little tutorial. But please clarify that the result of this would be a single armor' date=' which I could trade to a follower of another race (with a different body) . ...like the helmets.

[/quote']

Lets say, you did this to the Ebony Armor set.

You made a separate set for the Breton race females.

If your character ingame was an Imperial, wearing ebony armor would use the default ebony armor model.

Give that same ebony armor, to your female Breton follower and she will use the separate set for the Ebony Armor.

*EDIT* OKAY I was reading wrong. You mean I need to duplicate all the vanilla nifs in every folder and then overwrite them as I like. Got it. Okay, so where are the vanilla nifs? And will I be editing your cutomarmor.esp to make this work?

Skyrim - Meshes.bsa

You only need to use the customarmor as base, if you want to keep the edits in that mod.

-----

I think you might need to use the CustomBody as a base.

Cause I'm not sure the body in those armors, will use the separate textures without some fiddling.

They may only use the default textures.

-While your adding the new nif location in the ARMA.

-You'll see the model rendered in it's Model Data window.

-The leftside of that window, will have all the body/armor piece parts in that model listed.

-You can rightclick and choose new, to make the piece use a new texture.

-So, choose to add a new texture to the body, in the armor model.

-In the Select Form window, type skinbodyfemale in the filter.

-With my CustomBody mod as a base, you'll see all the separate race texture sets.

-Use the one you want for that armor.

There, now both the meshes AND the textures will work.

-----

If those separate armors your using, need to have their textures placed into the vanilla locations.

(like in armor "replacer" mods)

You will need to make them use your new locations, for their textures. Same method as for the body.

Good Luck.

Hi there. I've been having trouble getting this to work and understanding exactly how this needs to be set up.

In your tutorial you mention a few things that I just don't get.

for instance.

I'm pretty sure that I ONLY have the Vampire race highlighted but this is odd to me because i'm trying to set this up for Nord Females... why would I need to have the vampire race selected versus the Nord Race? Just curious as I don't understand how the CK is searching for the mesh that I specified.

The other that i'm not sure of is this part.

I renamed this and was able to see the new name for the clothes in game yet my Nord female still is using the vanilla clothes. I am strictly trying to set this up for the Prison clothes as a test seeing as it is the first clothing item you have in game.

I'm only doing this for Nord females atm as I am only using the Cherry hotaling BBP body for Nord woman. Can't seem to figure out how to get the BBP Prisoner Rough Spun tunic to show up on my Nord females.

The third thing I don't get is this.

Where and how do I delete this? I went in and pulled up the Prison Tunic in CK. double clicked the model and changed the "Female" version to the .nif and textures that I want to use for Nords. In the right column I removed all BUTT the vampire race for the Nord and still no love...

I know i'm missing something so any help would be great!

Thanks for the great mod just trying to learn how it all works myself as i'm working on my own mod so this is very valuable for me!

-In the rightside column' date=' remove all but the vampire version of that race.

I'm pretty sure that I ONLY have the Vampire race highlighted but this is odd to me because i'm trying to set this up for Nord Females... why would I need to have the vampire race selected versus the Nord Race? Just curious as I don't understand how the CK is searching for the mesh that I specified.[/quote']

ANSWER: Because you should already have the "nord race" selected, in the race choice, at the top of that same window.

-Rename the new ARMA' date=' click OK and save it.

I renamed this and was able to see the new name for the clothes in game yet my Nord female still is using the vanilla clothes. I am strictly trying to set this up for the Prison clothes as a test seeing as it is the first clothing item you have in game.[/quote']

ARMA=ArmorAddon(the models the ARMO uses)

ARMO=Armor(where you can name the clothes)

Did you do the rest of the steps?

After you renamed that new ARMA(created it), you needed to make the ARMO use it.

Where and how do I delete this? I went in and pulled up the Prison Tunic in CK. double clicked the model and changed the "Female" version to the .nif and textures that I want to use for Nords. In the right column I removed all BUTT the vampire race for the Nord and still no love...

Pic worth a thousand words:

ARMOARMAtut.jpg

Also, you do not have to rename the ARMO in anyway, just save it.

You are the best. honestly can't thank you enough for this explanation! Hugging you from a far! yes I did all the other steps and have a separate folder for Nord armor and clothes as well as textures armor and clothes. That part I believe I have done correctly now to follow the arrows and get this working!

It worked... now for the daunting task of creating new armors to fit each of the body models i'm using for each race...

YES!!! :D

Ok i've pretty much got this licked... Nord females are working... however. It would seems that there is something wrong with "some" not all nord males and females. For instance in riverwood Camila is naked. Camila is not using the Nord female clothes and armor so why would me changing the Nord Female versions of the armors affect Camila? Alos some of the Nord males are naked as well... does this mean that I need to go in and make individual folders for every race's clothes and armor? Not just the Race that I am working on? Also I am trying to set the armor path for each race not just nords. How do I point the other races to the armors they need without effecting the other races?

How difficult would it be to add a custom race to this? Like Elf and Beast race children for example.

I've got some experience with the CK already, but nothing quite this complex. I was just curious if more races could be added to it in the future, and how to go around doing it.

Great mod by the way, Skyrims doing in 4 months what took Oblivion 4 years.

Ok i've pretty much got this licked... Nord females are working... however. It would seems that there is something wrong with "some" not all nord males and females. For instance in riverwood Camila is naked. Camila is not using the Nord female clothes and armor so why would me changing the Nord Female versions of the armors affect Camila? Alos some of the Nord males are naked as well... does this mean that I need to go in and make individual folders for every race's clothes and armor? Not just the Race that I am working on? Also I am trying to set the armor path for each race not just nords. How do I point the other races to the armors they need without effecting the other races?

Remember setting Nord & Nord vampire in the ARMA?

Since you didn't touch the other races' date=' they should still be on Default & Breton,BretonVamp,Imperial,etc.

So, for Camila go to the ARMO of the clothing she's wearing.

Change the race at the top to Imperial, make sure it's actually using an ARMA model.

As for Nord males being naked, they shouldn't be if you didn't change their nif location.

Possible causes are:

-Testing on a save, that never had the mod loaded when you saved.

-The retarded priority system in the ARMA

-The model requires different display models(ARMA) selected.

-The model requires different slots selected(ARMO) selected.

How difficult would it be to add a custom race to this? Like Elf and Beast race children for example.

Open up CustomBody in the CK.

Go to Race, Open Dark Elf and Breton Child.

Copy&Paste what you can for now, from Dark Elf into Breton Child. Leave the body size as is, so their smaller. Rename it to Dark Elf Child and save that new Race.

To make them use their adult version's Body.

You need to add the new child race, to their adult version's NakedHand, NakedFeet & NakedTorso ARMA's "additional races" section.

To make them use their adult version's Head Parts.

Go to Form List, Open HeadPartsChildren and add your new child race.

If you go back to the Dark Elf Child, it will now have more options for head, eyes, hair and brow.

Open up CustomBody in the CK.

Go to Race' date=' Open Dark Elf and Breton Child.

Copy&Paste what you can for now, from Dark Elf into Breton Child. Leave the body size as is, so their smaller. Rename it to Dark Elf Child and save that new Race.

To make them use their adult version's Body.

You need to add the new child race, to their adult version's NakedHand, NakedFeet & NakedTorso ARMA's "additional races" section.

To make them use their adult version's Head Parts.

Go to Form List, Open HeadPartsChildren and add your new child race.

If you go back to the Dark Elf Child, it will now have more options for head, eyes, hair and brow.

[/quote']

Thanks for the help, I'll work on that tonight and tomorrow.

So I assume this will work for Argonians and Khajiits as well? I don't see why it wouldn't though

DreamTourist' date='

This has been a huge help in understanding the ESP files and CK to some degree.

[/quote']

I second that! You should really have a QA class in this tread because you are really helping me to learn this stuff!

I've got it working now!

Nords are using Cherry's BBP

Bretons are using the NALIM body

Elf races are using UNP body

Orcs are using the CBBE to SSH

Khajit are using Cherry's BBP

Argonians are using Vanilla

Imperials are using CBBE V3

Redguards are using the Realistic nude female body

Awesome So now the Nords are all using their correct BBP armors and clothes for the Cherry body and the elf races are all using the UNP armor meshes. Now to rig up the imperials to use only the KK CBBE outfits! With a little more work i'll eventually have race specific clothes and armor for every race!

My game is becoming so Epic thanks to yoU!

jdods, let's see a screenshot as soon as you are able. Preferably with different races all wearing the same armor. Can't say that I agree with your body choices, except for the elves, but hey.. different strokes. I'm going to clean install the game with a new data folder and work on my own set. Very excited abou this.

My ultimate vision includes this skeleton mod for beasts and orc males:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7029

Muscled women for nords and orcs:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=44

Various versions of Nalem's UNP for elves, wood elves being the most petite.

And for Imps and Bretons, 4uDIKs Real body which works great with vanilla armor.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6667

I managed to get a Dark Elf child to work out of this' date=' but I couldn't get Argonian and Khajiit children to work. They still use the vanilla mesh.

Is there a workaround for this, or are they just not implemented yet?

Still, this is a great mod.

[/quote']

The ARMA is the place to make them use their adult versions body.

Make sure to use the NakedTorso, NakedFeet & NakedHand, for Argonians and Khajiits. Just add their child races to "additional races".

Then, go to their Race and check what "SkinNaked" version of ARMO the Argonians and Khajiits are using for a body. Make sure your Argonian & Khajiit ChildRaces, are using SkinNakedBeast in their Race.

DreamTourist' date='

This has been a huge help in understanding the ESP files and CK to some degree.

[/quote']

I second that! You should really have a QA class in this tread because you are really helping me to learn this stuff!

I've got it working now!

Nords are using Cherry's BBP

Bretons are using the NALIM body

Elf races are using UNP body

Orcs are using the CBBE to SSH

Khajit are using Cherry's BBP

Argonians are using Vanilla

Imperials are using CBBE V3

Redguards are using the Realistic nude female body

I have been able to get Cherry's BBP and UNP added, but everything else causes a CTD. The Nalim meshes make the character look like a hedge hog.

Maybe we should collaborate and we'll get there faster.

I managed to get a Dark Elf child to work out of this' date=' but I couldn't get Argonian and Khajiit children to work. They still use the vanilla mesh.

Is there a workaround for this, or are they just not implemented yet?

Still, this is a great mod.

[/quote']

The ARMA is the place to make them use their adult versions body.

Make sure to use the NakedTorso, NakedFeet & NakedHand, for Argonians and Khajiits. Just add their child races to "additional races".

Then, go to their Race and check what "SkinNaked" version of ARMO the Argonians and Khajiits are using for a body. Make sure your Argonian & Khajiit ChildRaces, are using SkinNakedBeast in their Race.

I did that, and the child and adult Argonians share the same mesh because of how its set up.

Is it possible to create a new ARMA JUST for Argonian and Khajiit children with different bodies?

I made a copy of the nakedtorsoArgonian Arma and named it something like "nakedtorsoArgonianchild" and added my Argonian child race to it, but it didn't exactly work.

I bet there's a lot more to it than what I'm trying to do...

I did that' date=' and the child and adult Argonians share the same mesh because of how its set up.

Is it possible to create a new ARMA JUST for Argonian and Khajiit children with different bodies?

I made a copy of the nakedtorsoArgonian Arma and named it something like "nakedtorsoArgonianchild" and added my Argonian child race to it, but it didn't exactly work.

I bet there's a lot more to it than what I'm trying to do...

[/quote']

If you want the beast childs to use meshes from a different location then the default. All you need to do, is change the nif they use in the ARMAs. If you want them to use textures from a different location as well, you'll have to make a new Texture Set and add it into their ARMA.

Archived