Shiloh DS installation and Mod organizer

Gilibran

So i have reinstalled Fallout 3 + NV in a TTW setup and started modding using MO. It works fine, fomods are recognized and the installers run in MO. You do have to unpack almost every mod first though before importing the archive into MO. Though it's actually not a big problem because you can rename the mod after you either chose the options or corrected any path errors, before you zip it so it gets the name you want it to have in MO.

This so far has worked for all mods i installed. From Nevada skies to Electrocity, animation mods and Book of Earache and sexout.

Now though i'm running into a problem trying to install Shiloh DS.

There is no documentation on all the files and options. The author stated that the mod is to elaborate to support manual installation. And i looked at the files and there are a whole lot of folders

The problem with Shiloh is that the installer looks for Lings.esm, cannot find it and stops with the message you have to install it first. Now off course it is active but because of MO virtual directory it cannot see it.

Does anyone managed to get Shiloh DS installed with MO?

While we are at it, does anyone managed to get BnB working with Shiloh DS?

I could go for manual and figure it all out folder for folder. If i do that could i simply a make a package where the shiloh meshes are replaced with the extended skeleton and BnB?

Or do i need to dive into the geck for that?

ideally i wouldnlike to create a manual pack, zip it. Import to MO activate and play

Guest endgameaddiction

I believe the trick is to set FOMM in MO app list. Choose FOMM in MO and run it. Install FOMOD the normal way you would with FOMM, but there are some extra steps you have to do in MO to get it to work. I haven't tried this myself because I'm still holding back on MO and Fallout 3, but this is pretty much the way it is to do it with uHUD by Gopher. I would read through this and see if there is a solution for it.

Turns out it's just a fail safe that the install button is grey if it does not detect lings.esm. It does not install optional files just straight data/textures & data/meshes folders.

So simple unpack of the archive, deleting fomod files and zipping with a correct folder path was all it took. Mesh pack installer works fine through MO. No need to run FOMM as a executable through MO.

However still need to figure out how to get bnb on the shiloh body.

Guest endgameaddiction

That's what I did for a few FOMODs. I repacked DarN UI and Pipboy Readius for MO. I try to avoid going through the FOMM route with MO as much as possible. I just have to manually tweak the ini files for each profiles when I do those installs. What I love about it is that I can use both the vanilla pip 3000 and readius with different profiles. And any other pipboy style without ever dealing with uninstalling and console codes. Well the basic for me would be DarN UI for all profiles. The advantage is that If I wanted to, I can set up a different UI for each one if I wanted to. And with Gopher's aHUD or his all in one oHUD I can set up the HUD different for each one. Not that I really care for that, but the possibilities. I just hope that tannin can find a way to have each profile have it's own game folder structure so I can set up different ENBs for each of them. Man that would be sweet.

Well there is a dirty way to do that i think, simply copy the entire steamapps/common/game gamefolder multiple times and install the different ENB's in each copy. Simply move the game folder with ENB A out of steamapps and copy the gamefolder with ENB B in. Offcourse that's a very time consuming way and you cannot switch fast. If you have a SSD however it might just take a few minutes even if it is a 20gb modded game!? Just make sure you always have the exact same versions of any executables in each folder so you only have to set them up once for MO. MO does not care because you do not neccisarily need to install it in the game folder. So instaling it 3 times, for instance> Skyrim MO, Fallout 3 MO & Fallout NV MO, should not be a problem. You have the same mods & profiles but different ENB's depending on what folder you copied.

Or perhaps setup multiple steam folders!?

Just a tought though i have no idea how feasable it is!?? 

• 3 weeks later...

Gilibran,

It is very possible to replace the default Desert Succubus body with another BnB body, on the basic level change both the mesh (and textures if you want) to that mesh by replacing some files. Then create another Mod package so you can turn on or off this change to Shiloh's work.

To get any BnB body to work with Shiloh's Desert Succubus, here are some equivalent files for you to replace when you repackage with Mod Organizer:

\meshes\Shiloh\Desert Succubus\body\

femalelefthand.nif

femalelefthand1st.nif

femalelefthandpipboyglove.nif

femalelefthandpipboyglove1st.nif

femalerighthand.nif

femaleupperbody.nif

Replace these with your favorite BnB Body. Also Copy the BnB animations to that same folder, copy the femaleupperbody.egt if it exists from your BnB body.

To Replace Textures:

Textures are just renamed files which can be replaced with the file named in the pair. Make sure the original name of the texture is kept as the name for the new texture:

\textures\Shiloh\Desert Succubus\Body\

Shiloh_Hand_Default00.dds : handfemale.dds
Shiloh_Hand_Default00_1st.dds : handfemale_1st.dds
Shiloh_Hand_Default00_1st_n.dds : handfemale_1st_n.dds
Shiloh_Hand_Default00_1st_sk.dds : handfemale_1st_sk.dds
Shiloh_Hand_Default00_n.dds : handfemale_n.dds
Shiloh_Hand_Default00_sk.dds : handfemale_sk.dds
ShilohDS_Body.dds : upperbodyfemale.dds
ShilohDS_Body_n.dds : upperbodyfemale_n.dds
ShilohDS_Body_sk.dds : upperbodyfemale_sk.dds

Again use your favored BnB Body Textures, and if you want to replace the face textures:

\textures\Shiloh\Desert Succubus\Head\

ShilohDS_Head.dds : headhuman.dds
ShilohDS_Head_n.dds : headhuman_n.dds
ShilohDS_Head_sk.dds : headhuman_sk.dds

This works quite well with T6M by Izumiko that GSBmodders created to T6M BB: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6853-t6m-bouncing-breasts/

A copy of the a T6M BB implementation for Shiloh's Desert Succubus included: Shiloh T6M BB Addon.7z

so I can set up different ENBs for each of them. Man that would be sweet.

Just a quick note on this.

I use this one since a couple of years for both NV and Skyrim. There could be some newer one on Skyrim mods, however I'm just used to this.

It allows me to store 4 profiles, they are stored in 4 different subfolders, so in case I just need to backup them to store 4 more subfolders. Maybe it could not remove all the new variants of the ENBs files on Skyrim, but on NV I never had issues

Archived