I made a pizza :D

Guest marieruth

Guest marieruth

Do you know if there exists an option in Blender that works similar to how the F key  works in GECK in Render View?

Not that I'm aware of.  I always do it by hand, rotating on each axis, mirroring, etc.

Oh, alrighty then. For your instructions for making the pizza a collision mesh, can I do that in Blender 2.71 or were your instructions specifically for Blender 2.49b?

Guest marieruth

At some point while I was adjusting the pepperonis, I think I may have caused this to happen where the transform thing appears much lower than the actual mesh, I'm assuming the collision stuff won't work properly if it's like that... Is there a way I could fix that? 

post-470694-0-96862600-1408434829_thumb.png

In object mode, deselect your pizza and anything else that isn't part of the collision (pepperonis, etc).  Then click the collsion and the associated object sphere and delete them.  Then just add new collission.  Once you get used to doing collision you'll be able to zip through the process in about a minute.

Guest marieruth

Do I need to re-apply textures to the mesh in Nifskope? I exported the pizza file successfully, but the textures do not show, only the wireframe does. Also, did I make it too big? When I open it in Nifskope the program slows down almost to a freeze when moving the object to see other angles of it.

post-470694-0-78322700-1408234669_thumb.png

Okay, I looked at the nif.  Aside from the niNodes and data for the collision and havok the nif is empty; no string data, no niTriShapes/NiTriStips.  Try exporting your nif without the collision and see what you get.

Looking at the collision you sent me you have WAY TOO MANY faces on it.  That, along with the lack of a TriShape was the cause of NifSkope lagging.

This happens sometimes with the Blender Script.  It wasn't your doing.

Instead of convex collision, try a box instead.  You'll end up with six faces, not six thousand. :P  And looking at your collision, the size of your pizza is about twice that of a vanilla dinner plate.  I think that's a good size. ;)

Guest marieruth

Hey, is this a common thing that happens to you when you open a blend file that was created in a newer version of Blender? 

jVA17z0.png?1

Guest marieruth

I have no idea what that is.  Never seen it before.

From testing, it appears that I can't save a mesh as .blend file through Blender 2.71 or else the mesh doesn't display at all loading it from Blender 2.49. It typically only shows the wireframe for me. I exported the .blend pizza to a .3ds and opened it in Blender 2.49b. The mesh actually loaded for the first time instead of showing only a wireframe even after going through the drawtype options in Object Mode. I'm not sure why It has to be done like that, but I guess I have to do it like that from now on. I just need to see about how to apply the texture for Blender 2.49.

Guest marieruth

is there any particular reason why most of Fallout mesh faces are triangulated rather than just being "quads"? Is there a benefit to doing it that way?

None that I'm aware of.  I think triangles are easier to work with.  I had to deal with quads in Oblivion.  I THINK (can't hold me to this) quads work better for NITriStips and triangles work better for NiTriShapes.  That's purely a guess on my part, since most meshes I see use quads/stips or triangles/shapes.  What you're asking could probably be answered on the SourceForge forums.

Guest marieruth

Is there a certain process  I have to go through in order to get textures of my mesh to show up through Nifskope? I did a simple mug re-mesh, and I was easily able to add the textures through Blender to the mesh, but after exporting the mesh to a .NIF and opening it in Nifskope, no textures appear:

post-470694-0-63842900-1408434067_thumb.png

I went into the settings of Nifskope and added the folder that holds the textures for the mug apart of the listings of the game folders, and started up Nifskope again with no success. I'm not sure if I skipped a step or anything as I use the instructions you gave me for exporting/importing/adding a collision to a mesh and such.

I tried rightclicking on the material related buttons to see if I could add textures, but that did not work out...